U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2009, 06:15 PM

3,071 posts, read 6,617,345 times

Advertisements

I just thought about a Russian restaurant in Sandy Springs/Buckhead. I think it was called Papa Perioge's. It was on Roswell Road inside the Perimeter and I think it burned down in the early 90s. Does anyone remember more about it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2009, 08:23 AM

23,125 posts, read 35,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I just thought about a Russian restaurant in Sandy Springs/Buckhead. I think it was called Papa Perioge's. It was on Roswell Road inside the Perimeter and I think it burned down in the early 90s. Does anyone remember more about it?
I do remember Perogi's...it had quite a local following. It was located in one of those high-gabled old IHOP buildings.

Old 02-01-2009, 04:00 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,204,822 times
I THINK YOU OLD SCHOOLERS WILL LOVE THIS LINK !

ATLANTA TIME MACHINE

Old 02-01-2009, 05:01 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,084,414 times
That's a good link.

Somebody needs to work on a such a site for Lake Lanier. Things just keep improving out there.

Good for what ails you.

Old 02-02-2009, 12:48 PM

16 posts, read 68,168 times
Angry what a nice memory

Quote:
Originally Posted by George Chong View Post
Yep, the Venetian is still open.

how swell to hear those maggot parasites at the venetian are still around.................do they still refuse admittance to anyone other than "nice white gentiles" as my mom was informed being turned away with me and my sister?

she grew up in charleston sc and said she had never experienced such blatant racism until we moved to atlanta.....................................

Old 02-02-2009, 01:19 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,084,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqxikid View Post
how swell to hear those maggot parasites at the venetian are still around.................do they still refuse admittance to anyone other than "nice white gentiles" as my mom was informed being turned away with me and my sister?

she grew up in charleston sc and said she had never experienced such blatant racism until we moved to atlanta.....................................

It went on, no doubt about that--still makes me sick, WASP, that I am.

As far as I can tell things have changed --fingers crossed.

Learn from the past and let freedom ring.

In the 60's DeKalb County started building public swimming pools and I know everyone was welcome at Kittredge Pool. Still open, IIRC.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:34 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,364,090 times
Quote:

I don't understand this at all. My sister and I went to Venetian in the summer of '68 as part of a YMCA daycamp, and it was integrated then.

The one thing in my mind that stands out from back then was that Funtown DID discriminate. It was a crappy little amusement park somewhere along the Connector on the way to the airport. It was always on the news back then with protests, etc.

Old 02-02-2009, 01:54 PM

23,125 posts, read 35,935,507 times
Quote:

That doesn't surprise me. Did you know that before WWII that the city of Decatur schools were open from Tuesday -Saturday to discourage Jews from moving in?
Ironic that it is now one of the most liberal areas of Atlanta.

Old 02-02-2009, 03:29 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,204,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post

ATLANTA TIME MACHINE
Im a history buff....its almost like an addiction, Ill go building hunting soon and actually find these buildings. Some of them I have already seen in person. Nice to know where this "Rich's" place is everyone keeps mentioning lol. The pictures are like a time warp....from the B&W to full color, all the street lamps, street signs, cars, clothing have all changed....they dont get the angles perfect, you know its the same place. I'm still just listening and learning about Atlanta...soon Ill know a lot more.

ATLANTA TIME MACHINE

Old 02-02-2009, 11:36 PM

8,059 posts, read 10,409,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post

ATLANTA TIME MACHINE

I am blaming you for an unproductive day at work today. I stayed up into the wee hours on this site.

Especially liked seeing all the scenes from Smokey and the Bandit and realizing I knew each place.

Thanks anyway. Saved to my favorites now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or