U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-04-2009, 11:04 AM

625 posts, read 956,506 times

Advertisements

remember when L5P was a biker hangout?
Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 11:26 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,085,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blondandfun View Post
remember when L5P was a biker hangout?
Yesterday?

Old 02-04-2009, 04:01 PM

16 posts, read 68,183 times
Default roll credits

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda53 View Post
Then I'm sure you'll remember "The Now Explosion" in the early 70's, my first experience of music videos - very psychedelic!

in 1998 or so i e-mailed a lady named marylin that had a feature in the journal-constitution named "ask marilyn"...........i asked her if she remembered Now Explosion........to my delight she published the question and her published answer read "omigawd i haven't met anyone that remembers now explosion"....obviously that struck a nerve with marilyn and just as obvious my e-mail planted the idea in her head for something out of the past that hadn't been given a thought by anyone for 20 years based on her reply

.....then a few years later i discovered a website dedicated to now explosion and one of the creators was this mariilyn.....upon closer inspection of the site i found an interview with marilyn and was disgusted to hear her say when asked where she got the idea/inspiration and she had the nerve to say that one day a few years prior she just out of the blue remembered now explosion.......

now this is what i LOVE about the internet, those who use ideas without acknowledging the source (steal) or as in her case just flat out lie to make themselves look clever, get exposed for the leeches they are!

imagine little old me getting robin williamsed by some broad trying to make a name for herself named marilyn

Last edited by wqxikid; 02-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.. Reason: spelling/grammar correction

Old 02-04-2009, 06:51 PM

341 posts, read 1,231,192 times
The Tasty Dog Cafe on Simpson aka Joeseph Boon Blvd.

One of the only places (that I know of) where you can buy a bottle of grey goose or whatever else you like on a Sunday. Not to mention they were open 24/7 and the food wasnt bad either. APD shut it down recently and I was

Old 02-04-2009, 08:57 PM

207 posts, read 843,292 times
Anybody remember "Cousin Jim" from "the Big Red furniture Barn"? How about "Haystacks Calhoon" on Live Atlanta wrestling(rasslin)? And then there was "Donna" and "The Wolfman".

Old 02-05-2009, 09:52 AM

23,125 posts, read 35,939,226 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqxikid View Post
in 1998 or so i e-mailed a lady named marylin that had a feature in the journal-constitution named "ask marilyn"...........i asked her if she remembered Now Explosion........to my delight she published the question and her published answer read "omigawd i haven't met anyone that remembers now explosion"....obviously that struck a nerve with marilyn and just as obvious my e-mail planted the idea in her head for something out of the past that hadn't been given a thought by anyone for 20 years based on her reply

.....then a few years later i discovered a website dedicated to now explosion and one of the creators was this mariilyn.....upon closer inspection of the site i found an interview with marilyn and was disgusted to hear her say when asked where she got the idea/inspiration and she had the nerve to say that one day a few years prior she just out of the blue remembered now explosion.......

now this is what i LOVE about the internet, those who use ideas without acknowledging the source (steal) or as in her case just flat out lie to make themselves look clever, get exposed for the leeches they are!

imagine little old me getting robin williamsed by some broad trying to make a name for herself named marilyn
A guy I went to HS with was in a Now Explosion video...the song was Come Saturday Morning by the Sandpipers, and the video was of him and some girl walking around town holding hands and looking at stuff.

Old 02-05-2009, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by luckysnap View Post
Anybody remember "Cousin Jim" from "the Big Red furniture Barn"? How about "Haystacks Calhoon" on Live Atlanta wrestling(rasslin)? And then there was "Donna" and "The Wolfman".
Sadly, the Wolfman passed; however I think Donna (his daughter) is still selling furniture.

And who can remember the name of the car dealer that always ended his commercials with "and HEY, we're in Decatur."

Old 02-05-2009, 10:51 AM

8,059 posts, read 10,410,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Sadly, the Wolfman passed; however I think Donna (his daughter) is still selling furniture.

And who can remember the name of the car dealer that always ended his commercials with "and HEY, we're in Decatur."
Was it Friendly Ford?

Old 02-05-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Was it Friendly Ford?
Yes! Tom Friendly! Thanks, SM.

Old 02-05-2009, 02:30 PM

45 posts, read 109,952 times
i remember when marta was free all day on new years day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or