U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-06-2009, 07:00 PM

8,862 posts, read 15,095,708 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rackensack View Post
This may have been mentioned already and I just missed it, but I saw in this morning's AJC that Pano's and Paul's is about to be "gone but not forgotten" -- the location where it's been for the last 30 years is closing, and it's moving to the new St. Regis Hotel in Buckhead, at which point it'll simply be known as "Pano's".

A fond farewell to Pano's & Paul's | AccessAtlanta (http://www.accessatlanta.com/restaurants/content/restaurants/stories/2009/02/04/meridith_pano_s_paul_s_atlanta.html%3Fimw%3DY - broken link)
Interesting. Good food, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2009, 09:13 AM

8,862 posts, read 15,095,708 times
Feb 14, '09 =- Bill Medley of the Righteous Brothers and the Atlanta Symphony ---tickets still remain.

'You've Lost that Loving Feeling'--one of the greatest songs ever written. 'Unchained Melody'--Guys, it will be $$ well spent. :-)

Old 02-09-2009, 09:00 AM

20 posts, read 102,308 times
OK, maybe there's some "older" folks on here now. Does anyone remember Atlanta's own version of American Bandstand (in other words, our rip-off) Dance Party with Owen Forrester? It came on on Saturday about 11:00 or so before Live Atlanta Wrestling. It was on channel 11 (WLWA at the time.) I was lucky enough to be one of the "regulars" on there. I had a box of stuff from it, records I won, a few "fan" letters, etc, but my ever thoughtful mom threw all my "keepsakes of a wasted youth" out when I got married in '68. (!!!)

Anybody else used to hang around the Zestos that were all over town long before McDonald's showed up?

Old 02-09-2009, 09:10 PM

207 posts, read 843,704 times
We always went to Pilgreens for steaks ,especially the T Bone. We went to The Pickrick for Fried Chicken, and to Lebs for clam chowder.

Old 02-10-2009, 03:44 PM

16 posts, read 68,234 times
fran tarkenton's the scrambler restaurant on piedmont

nakato japanese restaurant on piedmont which was previously carouso's italian restaurant

ollie's trolly seasoned salt hamburgers and fries

Old 02-10-2009, 03:53 PM

16 posts, read 68,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Remember the head shop in Emory Village...The Reluctant Drag-in?
I remember sneaking off to see Easy Rider at the Emory Cinema (or as we called it, the "Cimory Enema").
I can't remember the year that all burned down, but I think it was 1972. Just a parking lot now.

was that the head shop down a stairway by morningstar cafe? it was kind of hidden down that stairway and on the side of the building. You wouldn't even know it was there unless you knew about it. They had old-school stuff of course......Zig-Zag wheat straw rolling papers and R. Crumb comix.
Do you remember there was an Austin Powers style London Mod shop in Emory Village by the dry cleaners across from Kroger named Alexander Stinsons in the late 60's?

there was a KFC next to the chevron station that became a domino's pizza. we thought that was pretty cool being able to get dominos pizza......that was until Everybodys came to be

Old 02-10-2009, 04:16 PM

11,319 posts, read 22,825,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqxikid View Post
Heh. I remember Sir Francis vividly (since I grew up with the Vikings in the 70's), but I had totally forgotten that he lived down here.

Old 02-16-2009, 10:58 AM

7 posts, read 24,156 times
Anyone remember the Bavarian Alpine Inn? It was known as the BAI when I was in high school, and I seem to recall it was the "place to go" for a dinner date. Needless to say, I was never invited, lol!

Old 02-16-2009, 12:25 PM

7,732 posts, read 12,373,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wqxikid View Post

nakato japanese restaurant on piedmont which was previously carouso's italian restaurant

ollie's trolly seasoned salt hamburgers and fries

Nakato is still there and still going strong!

Old 02-17-2009, 07:16 AM

23,125 posts, read 35,976,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miranda53 View Post
Anyone remember the Bavarian Alpine Inn? It was known as the BAI when I was in high school, and I seem to recall it was the "place to go" for a dinner date. Needless to say, I was never invited, lol!
That was a big hangout for students at Briarcliff and Cross Keys High Schools. The big drawing card was that they never ID'd you for beer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or