U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-18-2009, 06:46 AM

3,071 posts, read 6,617,345 times

Advertisements

I was just thinking the other day about a fast food restaurant that we used to go to called D'lites. There was one on Savoy Drive near Chamblee. They had whole wheat buns and healthier options - I think it must have been a little before it's time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2009, 07:41 AM

23,125 posts, read 35,935,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
I was just thinking the other day about a fast food restaurant that we used to go to called D'lites. There was one on Savoy Drive near Chamblee. They had whole wheat buns and healthier options - I think it must have been a little before it's time.
There was also one on Peachtree near the intersection of Collier in Brookwood Hills. I agree that it was an idea whose time had not yet come.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:37 PM

207 posts, read 843,201 times
D'lites was agreat idea and restaurant, the problem was Atlanta coustomers were too hooked on FAT and GREASE

Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM

7,857 posts, read 15,083,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinetreelover View Post
Yup...Herschel Walker owned them or had an interest in them. They were like Wendy's but more healthy, and probably 10 years before their time.

Old 04-18-2009, 09:51 PM

It is kind of strange that D'lites originated right around the time that the "super size" phenomenon came about. Just think how much healthier the population would be if the D'lites of the world had won out!

Old 04-20-2009, 03:00 PM

288 posts, read 842,802 times
Does anyone remember the old CoCos restaurant at the corner of Roswell Road and Abernathy? Its been a blockbuster video for quite a while now, but was in that same shopping center as the old Kroger. They always had good food and great desserts!

Old 04-20-2009, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
Does anyone remember the old CoCos restaurant at the corner of Roswell Road and Abernathy? Its been a blockbuster video for quite a while now, but was in that same shopping center as the old Kroger. They always had good food and great desserts!
I sort of remember the Cocos there, but wasn't there also one near Briarcliff and Clairmont Rd? They had great hot chocolate!

Old 04-20-2009, 10:39 PM

8,290 posts, read 13,928,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Highriser987 View Post
That building was last a US Bar y Grill....open for business until one day...furniture on the grass...doors locked!

There was a D'lites across the street(Abernathy Square) where the Hardee's is now. Just south on Roswell Rd. was Danver's(now Taco Bell)...Danver's had an all-you-can-eat salad bar as well as good burgers...not to mention tasty chocolate chip cookies...all in 1981!.

Old 04-20-2009, 11:47 PM

43 posts, read 231,571 times
Mardi Gras teen club in Smyrna

Light Up Atlanta

Jack the Rapper (the beginning of Atlanta as the heart of hip hop)

The Kodak building on Ponce De Leon when it was fully operational with the empty film cannisters covering the bottom portion of the display window

Mary Mac's tea room for lunch with my aunt and grandma (I remember the steep stairs leading to the restaurant and being made to eat those turnips Is it still there?

The World of Sid and Marty Kroft at the upper level of the Omni. Good times!!

Does anyone remember the shoe store on Peachtree near the old Woolworth's that had a upper level balcony where the children would sit in theater style chairs looking down as their parents purchased the shoes? Was it Buster Brown?

Old 04-21-2009, 12:08 AM

8,059 posts, read 10,409,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
That building was last a US Bar y Grill....open for business until one day...furniture on the grass...doors locked!

There was a D'lites across the street(Abernathy Square) where the Hardee's is now. Just south on Roswell Rd. was Danver's(now Taco Bell)...Danver's had an all-you-can-eat salad bar as well as good burgers...not to mention tasty chocolate chip cookies...all in 1981!.
The D'lites I remember was this one at Abernathy and Roswell Road.

I remember spending a summer in the area, was a college student and my parents who were working overseas at the time were on a furlough, staying in Sandy Springs. I remember riding around some of the bought out neighborhoods around Perimeter Mall and at the site of Councours (the King and Queen buildings at the top of the perimeter). What an eerie feeling, riding around those deserted neighborhoods where lovely homes were being demolished or hauled out on rails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or