Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-28-2009, 06:22 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,084,878 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piazzollachick View Post
Also on Peachtree there was Taber Pontiac with a two-story high statue of an Indian on the roof. As a child I used to speculate how cool it would be if the Taber Pontiac Indian would jump down and stride up Peachtree to ride the Seven Steers bull.

In the mid-70's, Lefont had a couple of theaters that showed only old movies, The Silver Screen and The Screening Room. One was in Broadview Plaza and the other was in Peachtree Battle. Those old movies were on TV often enough, but seeing "Casablanca" or "Captain Blood" on a theater size screen was like seeing them the first time.

Best pizza place in town during the 60's was Bellas on Roswell in Sandy Springs. The dining room had a mural of some cartoon guys that looked like the Marx Brothers hanging out of a bouncing train. The pizza was so good I still remember it 40 years later!
I think we purchased a car from Taber. I liked the Indian too I am sure that I was mesmerized by the Indian as my dad was shopping for a new car.

Oh my gosh, Broadview Plaza! Had not thought about that place in decades! I went to school with George LeFont's daughter.

Oh my gosh version part deux! Bellas was the best. The owners were friends with my parents. We always ate at each others restaurants. They were also the nicest people too! My mom loves pizza! I am sure that they introduced her to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 AM

1,325 posts, read 2,643,924 times
Does anyone remember our old hockey team called the Atlanta Knights?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:44 AM

49 posts, read 110,234 times
Movie Theater in Lenox

Old 05-28-2009, 10:50 AM

285 posts, read 876,354 times
Nomenclature Museum
Nike Pavilion

That rib place that was at Underground Atlanta that had the HUGE TVs and the onion blocks. I can't remember what it was called.

Old 06-22-2009, 05:52 AM

6 posts, read 44,249 times
Default Photo of AAC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Now you have my curiosity piqued. (or is it peaked? How I hate to not be sure, but don't feel like looking it up, lol)

I have been googling trying to find a picture of the old Atlanta Athletic Club building but to no avail. I see where it was located on Carnegie Way, but no pictures on their website or on Atlanta History Center's website. You got any ideas where to look?
There is a photo of the original building at:

<http://www.flaglergroup.com/images/Atlanta%20Athletic%20Club%20Smaller%202.jpg>

Old 06-22-2009, 06:00 AM

Default Yellow Jacket & Flossie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecallaw View Post
"Yello Jacket" best hot dogs in town
Do any of y'all remember Flossie at the Yellow Jacket? He would recite the entire menu at warp speed and, when we were kids, it was one of the best shows in town!

Old 06-22-2009, 06:09 AM

Default Woody Willow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
And Channel 36 had their own version...Music Connection!

Do you remember these local shows?

Officer Don and the Popeye Club (Orvil the Green Dragon, Oooey-Gooey)
Skipper Ray McCay
Today in Georgia with Ruth Kent
Dialing for Dollars
Stars of Tomorrow
Creature Feature with Bestoink Dooley
Anyone remember the Woody Willow Show, where Officer Don started? I remember being on it a couple of times.

Old 06-22-2009, 11:15 AM

167 posts, read 769,426 times
Kool Korners Grocery. The only place you would see professionals stand outside in the cold or summer heat just to get one of their cuban sandwiches. The building was torn down just this past month. (tear)

Old 06-23-2009, 10:54 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedOrange View Post
Do any of y'all remember Flossie at the Yellow Jacket? He would recite the entire menu at warp speed and, when we were kids, it was one of the best shows in town!
Wasn't he also at the Varsity Midtown? There was a legendary curb waiter there named Flossie Mae that wore these elaborate hats.

Old 06-23-2009, 10:55 AM

23,464 posts, read 44,074,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostedOrange View Post
Anyone remember the Woody Willow Show, where Officer Don started? I remember being on it a couple of times.
You've got me on that one. When was this on, and what channel?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta