Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2012, 04:42 AM

29 posts, read 165,366 times

Advertisements

BroadStJudge, Thank you.

Whatever happened to the Rib Shack with the fan on the front blowing that hickory smoke outside? When going to Rich's, we would turn right off Memorial Drive at a funny intersection. There was a large drive-in on the right hand side and across from it was a big billboard that always had a CocaCola ad or as was usually said "Cocola." We went a block or two and turned left and that would take us past the Rib Shack.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM

20 posts, read 125,516 times
Kessler's. Whitehall and Hunter. I bought my first permanent-press shirt there in the early '60s. Don't know what the Hell it was made of but it lasted over 15 years without a wrinkle! (although the last 5 years or so it had become a yard work shirt and was still comfortable.) Well worth the $2.75 it cost.

Old 05-14-2012, 08:54 PM

1 posts, read 2,764 times
Ah, the Wit's End; Phil and Nancy Ericson and Sally ?
The slaves are revoltin', the slaves are revoltin'.
No, no, they're tacky, but not revoltin'.
I caught so many planes in the '7-s from the old green terminal.
There was a nice big shoeshine stand there. Do people even shine their shoes any more? Get off at Virginia Ave.
I played for the opening of the new, really tacky and too huge terminal with the Atlanta Pops Orch.
I've seen so many ends of eras. 'not too sure of the improvements, alas.
"They're tearing up Peachtree Again" was another WE fave.

Old 05-16-2012, 08:33 AM

29 posts, read 165,366 times
"Tearing up Peachtree" Wasn't there something in the song about how the roadwork would keep Sherman from entering Atlanta?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:42 PM

1 posts, read 2,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
I know a Jewel T truck visited our neighborhood --Mathis dairy was still delivering milk in bottles daily or weekly or something.

The bread truck--and I think it might have been 'Colonial'?--also had a weekly route.

I know I've asked about this before but I'll ask again--

It seems to me that 'Moody's Lake' was located somewhere near Lindbergh/Piedmont--possibly near the Home Depot on Sidney Marcus Blvd. Does anyone remember Moody's Lake?
Yes, Mooney's Lake was located off Piedmont and Lindbergh around what is a low marshy area west of I-85 and north of Lindberg behind the the old Morosgo apartment development. It featured a beach, diving towers, a small gauge railroad, an early type of zip-line where you actually slid down into the lake water, refreshments, arcades, paddle boats, and canoes.

Old 06-28-2012, 07:49 PM

32,025 posts, read 36,782,996 times
I always liked the 2-story K-Mart at Broadview Plaza. How urban does it get?

Old 07-08-2012, 09:38 PM

15 posts, read 97,148 times
That K-mart was the Koolest with a capital K

Old 07-09-2012, 03:51 AM

4,790 posts, read 6,874,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
- Mary Mac's where you wrote down your own order instead of ordering from the menu
uhh, you know that's still there, right?

Old 07-30-2012, 01:09 PM

5 posts, read 24,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I remember when WSB (channel 2) was NBC, WAGA (channel 5) was CBS and WXIA (channel 11) was ABC, and I remember it as WQXI (wqxikid, your name sparked the memory for this post). I still get confused when I am home of what show is coming on on what channel.

I also remember channel 17 pre Ted Turner and WTBS.
Heck, I remember when Channel 11 was WLWA!

"Gone but not Forgotten in Atlanta"-wlwa.jpg

Old 07-31-2012, 07:34 AM

431 posts, read 659,674 times
eatZi's Market and Bakery- I miss this place so much.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta