Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 06:01 AM

1,123 posts, read 6,536,792 times

Advertisements

Don't even get me started on Comcast...I wasted approx. 9 hours of work time dealing with those bozos, not to mention all the phone calls and time spent rehashing my problems to multiple people over and over again! We moved to a older house that had limited cable outlets, so when I set up service, I requested they send someone who could also install new outlets in 3 rooms. Sure enough, the guy shows up and that last piece is not on his work order. When I explain that there are items missing from his list, he's like "oh yeah, that happens all the time". Thus begain a 3 week odyssey of going back and forth and having people show up (again) with the wrong work order and finally I had a guy (one of their freelance contractors...not an actual Comcast employee) come out who was a cable/IT geek (thank god) and he set everything right and got the job done. He basically told me everyone else who works there is a lazy idiot and they will lie to your face saying they can't do something, when they really can, but they simply don't want to (ie, such as running cable through certain walls). At least I got 5 months of free service for complaining so much! I have to say that I am happy with the reception, the number of HD channels and the fact that I almost never lose service (unlike when I had DirecTV and rain or wind would screw with the signal).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 06:27 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,370,665 times
Older TiVos (I have a series 2) are real good at exaggerating any signal problems. You need a crisp and clean analog signal at the TiVo or you will really notice it. I installed an amplifier just after the point where Comcast connects to the house, before any splits. Not some Radio Shack special -- I used a Channel Vision CVT-15PIA. The amp made a tremendous improvement to the picture quality on the TiVo and my other sets. I second everything neil0311 said: use RG6 (quad shield if you can) and make sure your splitters are good quality. Also if you have any connections that aren't used make sure you cap them. If you are using a patch cable from the wall to the TiVo make sure it is a good quality cable and it is no longer than it needs to be. Especially since most patch cables are RG59.

Good luck!

Bill

Old 10-06-2008, 06:32 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,370,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacelord75 View Post
Sure enough, the guy shows up and that last piece is not on his work order.
It wasn't Comcast at the time, but I had the same thing happen when I had cable hooked up in our house. Not only did I have to wait 3 weeks where every other utility (including phone) took a day, but the extra box I requested wasn't on the guy's work order. I said, "well put it in anyway." "Oh I can't because I don't have all the equipment I need in the truck." So I told him to forget it and that I would do it myself. Of course the cable company still billed me for the extra box installation and it took me about 2 months of pestering to get the billing issue fixed.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:05 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,283 times
At least the O.P. doesn't have to deal with Suddenlink! You would think Comcast is the greatest if you did!

Old 10-09-2008, 12:00 PM

750 posts, read 2,276,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenKarber View Post
At least the O.P. doesn't have to deal with Suddenlink! You would think Comcast is the greatest if you did!

Impossible Comast is by far the worse. I called them a few days ago to see about upgrading my service and a "customer representative" answered by saying "yo man whats up". After trying to dicpher what he was saying and dealing with him for 20 mins and not getting anywhere I called right back and got a different person who was better but pretty much blew my question off. I was trying to find out how many hours of programming their dvr service would record and he couldn't tell me so he got my phone number and said when he finds out he'll call me. Needless to say I haven't heard from him yet.

Old 10-09-2008, 01:07 PM

114 posts, read 475,827 times
Default You are not alone...

As I'm sure you've gathered from the many posts here, you're not alone! In fact, there's a (quite popular) website devoted to this: Comcast Sucks ComcastSucks.org ComcastSucks .org

I can't even tell you how many times I've had to deal with them and have ended up crying out of extreme frustration. AGH. Now, I make my boyfriend deal with them whenever an issue arises. He's actually found that getting online and chatting with a representative is a lot more helpful than the ones on the phone.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:04 PM

52 posts, read 251,239 times
We've had nothing but problems and been dismissed everytime we call-until we called the Better Business Bureau. We thought it would be months before we heard a thing but in a week, Comcast was offering us refunds. We switched our internet to AT&T and are getting Dish Network next month. Worst company ever! And that's (mostly) just here. We've moved here a few months ago from Los Angeles, where Comcast was bought out by Time Warner, and even though we had minor problems with them there, it was the preferred cable company.

Old 10-10-2008, 09:07 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,283 times
Comcatastrophe: Comcast Filled My House With Raw Sewage (http://consumerist.com/5061641/comcast-filled-my-house-with-raw-sewage - broken link)

Wow!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta