Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM

6 posts, read 19,550 times

Advertisements

I have posted on here before about Georgia Perimeter College in Dunwoody. But after doing a lot research on the actual schools I really like Kennesaw State. It seems to have a very good reputation and they have an adult learner program (I'm 26). I was hoping to get some feedback from current or former students about where they lived and how they liked the school. I would really like to get the college experience like clubs, intramurals, etc. I will be living off campus, but would like to stay as close as possible to the school. I'm hoping to stay around $650-$800 for a one bedroom. I'm not as concerned with the square footage of the apartment so much as that it is in a safe area and relatively close to the school (I hear traffic is pretty bad.) Names of the actual apartment complexes would be great if possible.

Also, I was planning on transferring to University of Georgia after 60 credit hours, because I don't know where I will end up after graduation and I really wanted a big name school on the resume. So if anyone has transferred to UGA from KSU I would appreciate your input on if most of your credits transferred and if it was a pretty smooth transition. Thanks in advance for all the help, any input would be greatly appreciated.

By the way thank you to everyone who replied to my other posts about Dunwoody/Alpharetta, I really appreciate it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2008, 04:30 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,377,466 times
You can check out Brooke Mill in Woodstock- we stayed there for a few months while our house was being finished, and it was a decent place. It was quiet, had a good mix of older/younger folks, and was pretty reasonable- I think a 1 br was around $700/month. Its off exit 7 on 575, so its around 5-6 miles from KSU. Depending on the time of day, you can either take 575 right down to KSU, or you can sneak down via back roads.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:25 AM

1,748 posts, read 5,525,037 times
I attend Kennesaw as an adult student. If you have a moment to take a walk around the campus you can see apartment postings everywhere. You can get a visitors parking pass and spend some time walking around.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:54 AM

214 posts, read 915,715 times
Amli at Barrett Lakes is a good apt community - I lived there w/out any problems. Someone mentioned Woodstock, I don't recommend it, b/c if you happen to have an early morning class, you and 575 will become not so great friends...traffic is hell coming out of Cherokee (any direction) stay close to the school, but not Milford Village Apts or Greenhouse, they are known for their drug problems (i.e. dealers and multiple break-ins) Cambridge is not so bad, 21+ community. There is a newer Amli (Amli @ Barrett Walk) across the street from Barrett Lakes, but it may be a bit more. In 2001-2005 I paid under $700 for a 1 bedroom. Plus, if they have the same services guys there, Mike and Billy, they are the best and are always very prompt. Both Amli's are off of Barrett Lakes Blvd on the barrett pkwy side, not chastain, and you can get to school in about 6-7 min.

Old 10-09-2008, 06:35 PM

13 posts, read 41,608 times
Default Relocating and thinking of Kennesaw State

I am considering KSU's graduate program in Conflict Management. I would be relocating from Cleveland, OH with 2 children (highschool and elementary) over the summer in 2009.

1. Can anyone recommend some areas nearby that have decent schools and housing rentals as opposed to appartments?

2. Does anyone have experience with the Conflict Management program at Kennesaw State?

Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta