Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-07-2008, 02:37 PM

1 posts, read 2,982 times

Advertisements

My family and I are considering moving to Atlanta to be closer to our family. My husband already has a job lined up out there, but I am not so fortunate.

What is the job market like out there for an Executive Assistant or Sr. Assitant even an office administrator? We are currently in Houston and these type of jobs are a dime a dozen, but how is it in Atlanta. I have about 6 years of experience as an Executive Assistant and 1 year as a department administrator. Pay out here is generally from 45K - 60K is it similar in Atlanta?

Thanks!

Jaxcoop
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 09:12 AM

81 posts, read 310,646 times
There are some good jobs available for that title and pay. I will PM you a recruiter that has helped a few people from my company move on to better opportunities.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:47 AM

826 posts, read 3,120,011 times
You should be fine, I am an administrative assistant and my salary is on the higher end of your scale.

Old 10-08-2008, 09:20 PM

18 posts, read 57,453 times
The job I had lined up fell through, and I am looking for work in the same type of area with similar experience as the OP. I have applied to about 10 jobs in the last 6 days and have not heard anything back. How long does it typically take Atlanta companies to respond?

Old 10-10-2008, 11:13 AM

13 posts, read 29,194 times
I have applied for 63 EA/AA jobs in the past 22 weeks that I am qualified for, some I'm overqualified for. I have had 2 interviews. The other day, I was invited to attend a job interview for a SMALL Company of 10 people. They invited 120 candidates to interview for 3 jobs openings. They held the recruitment at a hotel. It was rediculous.

Old 10-10-2008, 12:02 PM

826 posts, read 3,120,011 times
I have been there, looking for a job is very frustrating and demoralizing at time. When I first moved here, I mistakenly took the first job offered to me. It took me a year before I found my current position, which I honestly love.
Have you tried updating your cover letter and tweaking your Resume? Have you tried sending your Resume via snail mail? Its possible your resume could be going to someones spam filter. The economy is very hard and many companies are hiring less.

Old 10-10-2008, 02:33 PM

13 posts, read 29,194 times
Thanks, yes I tweak my cover letter & resume a bit for each job I've applied for. I only apply for jobs that are posted on Monster, Careerbuilder, Indeed and Jobfox or directly to the business. I even had a professional assist me with my creating my resume. I'll keep on trying. Luckily, I have a financial situation that allows me to keep on looking!

Old 10-13-2008, 07:57 AM

49 posts, read 114,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlv289 View Post
There are some good jobs available for that title and pay. I will PM you a recruiter that has helped a few people from my company move on to better opportunities.

Can you PM me, too?

I am looking to relocate to the south - with Atlanta being one of the areas I am investigating. I currently work on Long Island for the CEO of a public company in the financial serivces industry and make over $90k -- but here property taxes are in excess of $12k -- so I know my salary will be drastically reduced outside of Long Island (I used to work in NYC and as an Executive Assistant I made in excess of $125k but the pressure and commuting after 20 years just was no longer appealing).

I have over 20 years of Executive Assistant experience and have worked for partners/managing directors/CEOs of top organizations.

To that end -- for those working in Atlanta -- where are the outerlying areas that would be good to live in (reasonable housing, commuting, excellent schools and low crime rate)? My budget for a home would be $250k.

Also -- how is the fitness industry? My husband is sales manager for a high-end health club here.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: