Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 01:30 PM

9 posts, read 103,717 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip1980 View Post
first u said u was a recent transplant and now u have been working here for several months....make up your mind and stop making up stuff. You probably dont even have a job. You sit on your computer and read up on crimes that happen in atlanta from creative loafing and then u come on here acting like you have came here to save the city....go back to where u came from!

^^^

Came here to save the city?? Hardly Chip, I came here to get money, something that out of towners seem to be much better suited to do than you born and bred Atlanta thugs, I'll probably be gone in a year anyway. We can argue all day whether or not you believe me, I could really care less; but trust one thing when Shirley Frankilns tenure is done as mayor, she will be in the same position as your last mayor- IN JAIL! Creative Loafing they have that here? They have those magazines in Chicago as well; you apparently know more about that than I do!!! But Chip I will go back home, Atlanta is nothing to boast about compared to cities like LA, NYC, San Fran, and Chicago. People here are quite defensive when you say something bad about their city; I mean it’s not that serious. I recently got into a heated debate in the barber shop I go to when I was inquired as to why there are so many Gay people here in Atlanta, the barber acted like I called his mother a female dog, I just asked a question. I have no problem with anyones sexual orientation, I simply was curious. As a black Man myself ( you forgot I told you my mother is mixed and my father is black) I realized why he felt offended, he thought I was disrespecting him, but actually I wasnt. I I think you Atlantans have an inferiority complex because you know you feel deep down inside that your city is flawed, with that said this is still a great city, I think if Atlanta would accept its own identity and stop trying to be like other cities it would be alot better off.

Old 10-17-2008, 01:40 PM

But I digress, I have much better things to do than to spend my time going back and forth with a stranger on this rainy day (over the internet of all things), since Im off today I think I'll go downstairs and get a drink. Maybe you can come join me Chip, thats if the MARTA bus makes it on time

Old 10-17-2008, 01:42 PM

165 posts, read 546,410 times
I dont agree with the smacktard comments slamming you, but completely off topic -- arent you violating company policy (by informing the public of that material) in your argument with with these trolls?

Old 10-17-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crux View Post
I dont agree with the smacktard comments slamming you, but completely off topic -- arent you violating company policy (by informing the public of that material) in your argument with with these trolls?
Quite simply no, Im on the company laptop right now typing this.Sometimes we are bound contractually to not say anything regarding an inquiry, but as is the case here, the inquiry here would be classified as an external audit, which means basically that the Federal Government is pissed off!!! The fact every mayor in Atlanta since the 1970’s has been financially operating in what we call a “gray area”, and then thumbing their nose at the Federal Govt. to boot has made the city some big enemies on Capitol Hill, so they are not trying to make it a secret there intentions of in effect “nailing to the wall” the cities leadership. They have 3 different investigations ongoing; the biggest of which is the Watershed project, which is being conducted by Kessler International and KMPG LLP two of the largest forensic accounting firms in the country, because of the sensitivity in regards to Federal funds being misused to repair Atlanta’s sewers, they are I’m sure bound contractually to not say anything. My firm’s task however is much smaller as far as scope with the police dept, and it shouldn’t be a secret, the FBI stated in press release last year their intention to investigate every corner in the police dept. And actually I provide litigation support, so in effect I don’t investigate anything; I’m just a liaison between the firm and the court system, we just happen to work inside the City Hall East Building where the police offices are located so I get a chance to see first hand who’s who and what’s what as far as the underworld here in Atlanta

Old 10-17-2008, 02:51 PM

293 posts, read 897,864 times
Great job! Midwest Boy, I once lived in a place I had wanted so long that I was overjoyed when I was told I could have it. it probably took as much energy from me as it took from you when you carefully chose the place you would call home. of course, one can study the area and look around and come several times during day and evening time and see nothing, nothing strange. you could have missed the one month kicking in the door by the police. And then I had this neighbour who became a nightmare and basically enjoyed destroying every fence I was putting up and insulting me by climbing over my fence up to even threatening me to kill me. I thought he was on drug as I could not explain his agressive behaviour other than him not liking having a new neighbour.

When we move from one state to another there is always, in my experience, some kind of black or white experiences, in the sense that we will find what we are not used to compared to before extremely attractive or nice, or extremely unpleasant. The we get used to "it", something like after 2 years or before. We need an adaptation time.

However, in your case, I admet that I feel it is extremely unpleasant not to be able to come back home and to feel at home after work, and what you described is rather unsettling. It does not help to settle down and even if you kind of tried to accept all this, you seem to have more and more difficulties. Have you thought of moving property?

Old 10-18-2008, 12:45 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,763,487 times
NOTICE

Chip and Midwest...

I think it goes without saying that my delete finger is getting tired. Points have been issued and warnings sent. If ANY more personal insults/names are posted in this thread, there's gonna be some butts bounced off the site permanently for multiple TOS violations.

Keep it on topic. Keep personal attacks OUT of it or.... http://bestsmileys.com/banned/1.gif (broken link)

Old 10-18-2008, 03:17 PM

1,581 posts, read 2,171,247 times
There are several things about this story that I find highly questionable.

1. Why in the world would drug dealers be at City Hall east? To my knowledge City Hall East only houses some police offices.

2. How do you know DEA agents and undercover officers when you see them?

3. The city council ordered an audit of the sewer overhall project. That project unfortunately has received very little in federal funds. If the feds were more involved, our water rates wouldn't be going through the roof in the next few years.

4. The whole idea that the FBI would have an investigation of the city's finances but narrowly focused on the police department?

5. If any of these "investigations" were true, the local media would have been ALL OVER IT.

6. You seem to have a perception that the federal government jealously guards how every dollar of federal money is spent. Riiiight!

Old 10-19-2008, 12:44 AM

359 posts, read 1,308,401 times
Default will black people ever learn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chip1980 View Post
How do u know they are undercover?

Are you mad that people of other races have more money than you? Are you not used to seeing other people besides people of your skin color with money since you are from the midwest?

Just as many drug dealers in the midwest smoking PCP and shooting heroin. {Moderator Removed} - Do NOT personally insult/name call in the forums.
Are you sticking up for the damn drug dealers? Who mentioned race? I thought this was about drug dealers. Shyt they get a pass just cause they black and with some damn money? Hell, lol, that's how OJ got off! Atlanta does have a lot of damn drug dealers, and since close to seventy percent of the population is black it likely that a large percentage of them might be black. Hell that's not a put down of our race, its a damn observation! So lets quit making excuses for black people(if they are black) leading sordid lives just cause they got some damn money! That doesn't make me feel good or proud to see black people with money and they are damn drug dealers. Ain't no damn pride in that!

Old 10-19-2008, 02:58 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,724,673 times
They are all required to wear nametags with "drug dealer" on them. They also have to get a license to deal drugs or they risk citation.

It sounds like someone is making a lot of assumptions about people of a certain style and where they get their money. Are you sure they aren't rap artists? or pro athletes? or mega-church ministers? what are some other stereotypes...someone help me out...

Old 10-19-2008, 07:33 AM

1,104 posts, read 1,510,319 times
D
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midwest Boy View Post
As a recent transplant to the area, can someone please tell me why there are so many drug dealers in Atlanta? Not little corner boy drug dealers, because they cant afford to leave the ghetto, but Im talking about these drug dealers who make Nino Brown from New Jack City money. They actually had a group here called BMF and they rented a helicopter and thru out money over downtown concert a few years ago, they rented billboards "proclaiming they ran the world" actual billboards in the city that normally carry advertisements! This place is crazy, where are the police? Do they care? I recently moved into the 12 in Atlantic Station, and this building is full of drug dealers. Ive never been in a city with so many young thugs running around with money, the FBI, DEA, and local police are constantly in my building, plain clothes or sometimes undercover. It makes no sense!!! Please someone enlighten me!!!!!!!!!!!
Dude are you kidding me? LOL since you don't like drug dealers why would you move around them? Honestly man I don't think you have ever lived in a BIG CITY at all. Just because someone is young and black with money doesn't mean they sell drugs dude. They are many rich black families in this city. That spoil their kids just like the folks in Beverly Hills man. The kids don't act like "Carlton Banks" though they try to act like "Young Jeezy" I think they have you fooled. Who the heck is buying drugs in this economy? You will be surprised to know how many of these kids "looking" like thugs are actually the children of lawyers, doctors & preachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta