Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 04:47 PM

18 posts, read 50,785 times

Advertisements

I think when I filled out my application form, they did ask for my income. BUT, they also had the option to have someone co-sign your lease - kinda like co-signing a loan (actually, I just looked it up, it's called a guarantor in a renters situation). Now that I think about it, my income/credit at the time wasnt enough for me to do it on my own - I HAD to have a co-signer. My then fiance (now husband) signed for me, but my mom said she would have also. Not sure what kind of relationship you have with your parents, but maybe they would be willing to do this for you?

Worst case scenario - go talk to them, see what they have to say. Whatever you do, stay away from Franklin Rd. I can tell you that you probably woudlnt have a problem getting rent there....but there's a simple reason for that. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out why.

Another one to check out is Austin Creek individual lease student apartments. i lived here breifly - only 2 months, but not because it was bad, but because I had a friend who needed a roommate at another place, and it was relatively easy for me to get out of the lease early.

BRAND NEW 1/1 APARTMENTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 08:27 PM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahicks07 View Post
I think when I filled out my application form, they did ask for my income. BUT, they also had the option to have someone co-sign your lease - kinda like co-signing a loan (actually, I just looked it up, it's called a guarantor in a renters situation). Now that I think about it, my income/credit at the time wasnt enough for me to do it on my own - I HAD to have a co-signer. My then fiance (now husband) signed for me, but my mom said she would have also. Not sure what kind of relationship you have with your parents, but maybe they would be willing to do this for you?

Worst case scenario - go talk to them, see what they have to say. Whatever you do, stay away from Franklin Rd. I can tell you that you probably woudlnt have a problem getting rent there....but there's a simple reason for that. I'll let you use your imagination to figure out why.

Another one to check out is Austin Creek individual lease student apartments. i lived here breifly - only 2 months, but not because it was bad, but because I had a friend who needed a roommate at another place, and it was relatively easy for me to get out of the lease early.

BRAND NEW 1/1 APARTMENTS
I know about Franklin Rd. Full of drugs and crime. Delk Rd is another no-no for me. I used to live on that road and now I don't want to. Thx for the link. I will check it out.

They did ask you. I am afraid to ask my parents because I must concentrate on school and part of me feels like there is alot of pressure on me if I have a co-signer. I might actually look into having a roommate.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:37 PM

ahicks, I checked it out. It isn't totally ideal given the distance from KSU to Austin Apartments(I don't have a car), but I can manage. I can take the bus.

Old 10-20-2008, 08:46 PM

18 posts, read 50,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
ahicks, I checked it out. It isn't totally ideal given the distance from KSU to Austin Apartments(I don't have a car), but I can manage. I can take the bus.
The Marietta Bus Station is easily within walking distance of Austin Creek. You can see the bus station from the road at the main entrance of the apt complex.

Sucks about your situation with your parents. Keep us posted on how things work out for you!

www.roommates.com has people looking for roommates (either looking to find a place together, or someone who already has a house/apt with a room available, etc.) you fill out your profile (kinda like on a dating service) and they give you your ideal matches. It worked well for my husband and I. "We" just recently moved to columbus bc I got a new job down here, and he had to stay behind in Atlanta long enough to finish up the semester at GPC. So we found him a temporary roommate situation for 2 months. he's staying there m-f and is down here with me on the weekends.

Old 10-21-2008, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,733 times
Smile Rooms in Kennesaw

My brother is renting rooms in his 4 bedroom home, minutes from KSU in Kennesaw

Old 10-22-2008, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emitto View Post
My brother is renting rooms in his 4 bedroom home, minutes from KSU in Kennesaw
Where specifically in Kennesaw?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta