Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 09:30 AM

16,683 posts, read 29,502,859 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPaul View Post
Thats a new term to me whats that mean exactly?
It means that white folks are streaming into the City of Atlanta! Man, they are taking over! It's like all white now. They are everywhere!

Old 10-30-2008, 09:47 AM

23,447 posts, read 44,056,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
It means that white folks are streaming into the City of Atlanta! Man, they are taking over! It's like all white now. They are everywhere!
Run for your life!!!

City supermarkets are reporting record sales of mayonnaise and white bread.

Old 10-30-2008, 10:49 AM

750 posts, read 2,276,079 times
I was just getting used to the idea that Atlanta is the Black mecca now this comes along.

Old 10-30-2008, 02:18 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,400,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBnC View Post
No, Atlanta is a Chocolate City, Parliament told me so.
Actually, you all are wrong.
Hershey, Pennsylvania is "Chocolate City"

Old 10-30-2008, 04:32 PM

43 posts, read 172,706 times
Quote:
I was just getting used to the idea that Atlanta is the Black mecca
It still is!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 10-30-2008, 05:47 PM

Quote:
I was just getting used to the idea that Atlanta is the Black mecca now this comes along.
Remember, when once says "Atlanta" that means Atlanta Proper plus Metro/Greater Atlanta. Atlanta Metro is estimated to be between 30-35% African-American. Georgia is 30% African-American.

That is huge by U.S. standards. It is a dynamic, influential, and "all-encompassing" African-American population as well. Atlanta will always be a Black Mecca and/or center of African-American culture.

Note: People, the term "Black Mecca" does not mean that the city/metro is not for anyone else. It just means that Atlanta is a place with a dynamic and relatively prosperous/influential black population. Whites (and others) still like/do well in Atlanta (and they keep moving here too, of course!). The "Black Mecca" is actually seen as an asset by national and international businesses/organizations. Some even say that Atlanta does not even use or promote this asset to its fullest. It shows that Atlanta is a very unique international city. No other world city really has this dynamic asset...that benefits all people in the metro area. A true international city differentiates its unique assets from other world cities.
Ok, tired of typing...

Old 10-30-2008, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Run for your life!!!

Whole Foods too! Don't forget all of the new running and frisbee clubs that are being established each and every day.

While we're on this topic, y'all need to check out this website again (many of you probably already know about it....it's been on a thread before I think):

www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com

*It's by a white person...basically to show how "urban, trendy, yuppiesh whites" have a unique "culture" and way of life (when many try to deny their unique american whiteness). It's funny, but also revealing.

Old 10-31-2008, 02:12 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,787,663 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Run for your life!!!

so the mayonaise thing is really true?lol .My French tenat eats it on french fries

Old 11-01-2008, 07:40 AM

8 posts, read 13,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repubocrat View Post
We are a couple from Minneapolis-St Paul area considering a relocation to ATL. We are both college educated professionals with about 5 years of experience in our fields. We absolutely love Minnesota, the people here are great but our winters are too harsh.

What do I know about Atlanta? I have been there once, maybe 5 years ago and I liked the city a lot. Liked the MARTA system, I really liked the downtown area and most people I met were really nice, the airport was really nice too.

Concerns: I have no problems with African Americans but I talked to my fiance about being a minority in Atlanta and dealing with reverse discrimination. I am not sure if that is a problem in Atlanta. I don't care what color you are but I don't have a lot of patience with people who are ignorant and act ghetto. Another concern that I have is crime. Minneapolis-St Paul is a relatively safe metro area except for the North Side of Minneapolis, we have crime here too like any place but overall it is very safe. Most likely, we will live in a suburb like Alpharetta or some place nearby, in terms of demographics, I think Alpharetta is very similar to the suburb we live here in Minneapolis. Anyways, give me all the reasons why I should not move to ATL.
Atlanta in general has a very educated population-- both black and white. I think the main reason that you should not move there is bc you seem to associate blacks with being ghetto and seem uncomfortable living as a minority. (what is reverse racism???)

Old 11-01-2008, 07:45 AM

8 posts, read 13,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by matt8325 View Post
I wonder why housing is lower in Atlanta than in Minneapolis ? That must mean that Minneapolis is a more desirable place to live. Usually cities that are high in demand have higher housing prices.
Yeah--- no. Atlanta has suffered the loss of many major employers, people are losing their jobs and homes and so the housing market is saturated with homes for sale. High supply low demand makes the housing cheaper not that Atlanta is a less desirable place to live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta