Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-05-2008, 07:27 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,681,397 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
We've been doing things your way for eight years. You failed in every possible way at every possible opportunity.

There's the door.
You know the president doesn't write laws. The legislative branch does, y'all have had the house and the senate, now what say you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-05-2008, 07:29 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
You know the president doesn't write laws. The legislative branch does, y'all have had the house and the senate, now what say you?
Only since '06 and only with the slimmest of margins.

You had six years prior to that with unchecked power.

Own it.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:34 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,649 times
Quote:
The President sets the agenda, and for 6 years the republican party wrote laws on behalf of the president with a rubber stamp. It was only the last 2 years where everything became stagnant in congress, due to the adminstration threat of veto.

Old 11-05-2008, 07:50 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times
southgeorgia, you should have been disappointed in America when Bush was re-elected and ran this country into the ground. This country makes history and I am glad that I lived long enough to witness a President of change and one worthy of making history (especially since 12 out of the last 44 Presidents owned slaves).

Old 11-05-2008, 08:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by onemanarmy View Post
The President sets the agenda, and for 6 years the republican party wrote laws on behalf of the president with a rubber stamp. It was only the last 2 years where everything became stagnant in congress, due to the adminstration threat of veto.
..and Congress has had the lowest approval rating since.

You think 'any' party should have unchecked power?

Old 11-05-2008, 08:35 AM

239 posts, read 922,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motion View Post
Georgia will change as it's demographics continue to change. Changing demographics favor democrats.
I agree... and it's not only Georgia, but the United States as a whole. The old way of operating has become, well - OLD. The truth is for years we have half-heartedly told ourselves that we can do and be anything; the reality, however, was that the old elite had a monopoly on business and government. This victory is a victory for all of America. This victory is the realization of an ideal that some seem to have lost along the way. And I am very proud to be an American today. Not solely because a particular candidate one, but because "yes we can" has become "yes we did."

"The Audacity of Hope"

Old 11-05-2008, 08:46 AM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,294,166 times
Quote:

They had the lowest approval rating not because people disagreed with what they hoped to accomplish, but because they were not able to change the course Bush and the his lapdog house and senate set for us for six years. And why were they not able to do that? Primarily because, even though they had a majority, it wasn't enough of a majority to override a veto

That sort of flies in the face of your earlier "you had the house and senate" comment. It's not as simple as Sean Hannity would have you believe.

Of course no party should have unchecked power. We saw how poorly that works during Bush's first six years.

Old 11-05-2008, 08:47 AM

989 posts, read 1,742,649 times
Quote:

Approval rating is 18% today and was 21% in 2005, so it's pointless to argue over polls. To your second point, where was the outcry of checks and balances when the Republicans controlled by branches of goverment from 2000-2006?

Old 11-05-2008, 09:17 AM

90 posts, read 412,607 times
I feel bad for the last hold outs in GA....must feel like drowning.
I also appreciate your cheap cost of living that brought me to your state... and will continue to bring people here from all walks of life...and I can't wait until all us non-real americans come and turn the state blue. Unless yall want to put a road block across I-75 then get used to it.

All of the hateful comments on AJC is nothing but fear, and fear is what comes before change so I say keep it up. The faster people in this state realize that the old days are over the easier it will make it for everyone.

Old 11-05-2008, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jillmaican View Post
I feel bad for the last hold outs in GA....must feel like drowning.
I also appreciate your cheap cost of living that brought me to your state... and will continue to bring people here from all walks of life...and I can't wait until all us non-real americans come and turn the state blue. Unless yall want to put a road block across I-75 then get used to it.

All of the hateful comments on AJC is nothing but fear, and fear is what comes before change so I say keep it up. The faster people in this state realize that the old days are over the easier it will make it for everyone.
So what you're basically saying is, we're all racist b/c we didn't vote for Obama.

Thx!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta