Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2009, 03:42 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,734,223 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
You really can't reason with someone of this intelligence level. He is only going to believe what his closed mind will allow him to believe - nothing more.

The thing that bothers me the most - and granted, I haven't taken the time to read most of his novelettes - is that he and I are the same color and he actually believes that we are the same because of that...simply not true whatsoever. I hope he, and everyone for that matter, realizes that matching skin color doesn't make us alike...and that most white people just don't agree with him.
I just wanted to see first hand how his rationale is.He answers only the questions he wants to answer.Some of my most important points were left without so much as a nod.In the end anyone can fid information to support most of their arguments.Thats when it basically comes down to just your own prejudices.Which is where all the conflict comes from in the first place.

Old 11-07-2009, 06:13 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,288,552 times
Default Where do I start?

If I was to use your reasoning as twisted as it is, I would argue that if Europeans had never left their continent there would be:

1. No Pollution
2. No melting of the ice caps(Doggone Global Warming)
3. No endangered species(from nature unfriendly developments like sprawling neighborhoods)
4. No Nuclear weapons to endanger the earth
5. No Nuclear waste(that stuff last like what, 10,000 friggin' years?)
6. No guns
7. No Biological weapons like Anthrax to endanger human beings
8. No chemical weapons like White Phosphorous that destoys lives
9. No Apartheid or Segregation because such concepts would be unnecessary in the first place had Europeans stayed in their doggone continent
10. No inequality stemming from Capitalism/Corporatism which ALWAYS fail to account for externalities suffered by third parties who are harmed by transactions between the first two parties
11. No rigid concept of Communism; life in Africa pre-European contact was one of simple communal-style practices; had no need for rigid and harsh rules

It seems that you European types come with a double-edge sword. Help in some ways, yet hurt in others. Now I could use this reasoning as an indictment against ALL Europeans, but I am not, for it would be stereotypical, ignorant, and prejudicial.

We are all God's creation and despite our imperfections, we all have something positive to offer to this planet. We either hang together or hang apart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
I believe that it would be in a better state.

You'd have:

Less Crime
More Unity
Better-kempt neighborhoods
Less political correctness
Better Schools
More Innovation (no Affirmative Action to stifle innovation)
Housing Meltdown less pronounced (After all, it was opening up the lending options, to allow those typically not able to afford a home, that caused lending to explode, housing to skyrocket, and defaults to occur. The economic situation would be better, though the U.S. has been on a trajectory of death for many, many years, given the lack of a sound, backed currency, big government, a lack of adherence to the Constitution, and "Free Trade".

Old 11-07-2009, 06:32 PM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,901,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
If I was to use your reasoning as twisted as it is, I would argue that if Europeans had never left their continent there would be:

1. No Pollution
3. No endangered species(from nature unfriendly developments like sprawling neighborhoods)
6. No guns
9. No Apartheid or Segregation because such concepts would be unnecessary in the first place had Europeans stayed in their doggone continent
10. No inequality stemming from Capitalism/Corporatism which ALWAYS fail to account for externalities suffered by third parties who are harmed by transactions between the first two parties
11. No rigid concept of Communism; life in Africa pre-European contact was one of simple communal-style practices; had no need for rigid and harsh rules

It seems that you European types come with a double-edge sword. Help in some ways, yet hurt in others. Now I could use this reasoning as an indictment against ALL Europeans, but I am not, for it would be stereotypical, ignorant, and prejudicial.

We are all God's creation and despite our imperfections, we all have something positive to offer to this planet. We either hang together or hang apart.
Great post and sooo very true!

Old 11-07-2009, 06:58 PM

281 posts, read 615,409 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
I just wanted to see first hand how his rationale is.He answers only the questions he wants to answer.Some of my most important points were left without so much as a nod.In the end anyone can fid information to support most of their arguments.Thats when it basically comes down to just your own prejudices.Which is where all the conflict comes from in the first place.
Is it possible that black people are on average less intelligent than white people? If not, why?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post

1. No Pollution
6. No guns

I guess you think we would all be better off if we had stayed in the Stone Age?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:07 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,744,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
Is it possible that black people are on average less intelligent than white people? If not, why?
No, it isn't...intelligence and the capacity to learn are not determined by race. There are many determining factors involved, but race just is not one of them.

Old 11-07-2009, 07:38 PM

The weaponry that man has created on this planet has the capability of returning us to the stone age in mere minutes, so what would be the difference?

Quote:
I guess you think we would all be better off if we had stayed in the Stone Age?

Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 PM

Is it not possible that there are different types of intelligences? Why must intelligence be graded only in terms of book knowledge or physical structures? What about knowledge of natural medicines? What about knowledge of music?

How superficial and arrogant it is to grade intellect solely in terms of accumulated words and physicalities.

Quote:

Old 11-07-2009, 07:51 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,734,223 times
Quote:
Are you the one qualified to tell the difference?If not you,who then?

Old 11-07-2009, 08:10 PM

[quote=DeaconJ;11528593]No, it isn't...intelligence and the capacity to learn are not determined by race. There are many determining factors involved, but race just is not one of them.[/QUOTE
What are some of these factors?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta