Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2009, 10:05 PM

72,813 posts, read 62,127,610 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
A stereotype, by and large, isn't true. It is true that blacks commit crimes at much higher levels to whites. Hence, it isn't a stereotype, as saying that blacks commit crimes at much higher levels than whites is a truth. I didn't state that all blacks commit crime, which would be a stereotype. I simply stated that blacks commit crime at much higher rates to any other group, a statistical fact and, hence, not a stereotype.

Blacks total about 35 million, whereas whites total about 200 million. Of course you're going to find more whites on welfare, but statistically, blacks are much more likely and have a higher percentage of their people on welfare than do whites. 4 million blacks equals about 1 out of 9 blacks. 10 million whites equals about 1 out of 20 whites. Hence, blacks are over twice as likely to use welfare.

I challenge you to refute anything that I stated, with any type of measure to prove me incorrect. I know you can't do it, but it's fun to watch politically correct, brainwashed individuals try to do something that they can't do: beat the truth.
But how do those stats help me, a black college student who isn't on welfare? If people are using those stats to treat me as an unequal, then it doesn't help me, it hurts me. It only emiserates me. Have you ever thought about WHY 1 out of 9 African-Americans are on welfare? Have you ever thought about why unemployment rates are higher for African-Americans than Whites? Have you ever thought about a solution to the social problems in this nation? I have thought about it alot.
There are about 130 named terrorists in the USA. about 100 of them are White. Does that mean treat all White people like crap? No way. I wouldn't do that to anyone. But it is done to people of Middle Eastern descent when they make up about 26 of the named terrorists in the USA. They are often subjected to bad treatment. Why should anyone go through that. Because of the stats, people often use that as a reason to treat African-Americans badly. I find it inexcusable. I don't care what the statistics say. I am not on welfare. I am not the one committing crimes. If people are throwing out statistics so much, why not find out why this is going on and find solutions that help everyone.
There might be higher rates of crime committed by African-Americans, but you didn't point on this either if we are on the subject of race. Most of the victims of crimes committed by African-Americans are also African-American.

Last edited by green_mariner; 11-06-2009 at 10:25 PM..

Old 11-06-2009, 11:46 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,723,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pirate_lafitte View Post
I am aware that many people where I live act stupid. In some cases it is frightening. Personally, life where I am currently living is wearing on me. I am more stressed out in Kennesaw than in Atlanta.
Actually you confirmed what I caught in your previous post.I honestly know Atlanta is not for everyone.Many of those reasons are valid.Not saying you have no valid reason,I just think that happiness can be found almost anywhere.Even in the most unlikely places.That said your post have always made me examine if I am being just an "ATLANTA BOOSTER or just a truly admirer of this city.I came to the conclusion that I love Atlanta but more than anything I dislike the parts outside of the cities.Although that is true in most states with the exception of Hawaii.

I love my life in the city.I have a very diverse array of open-minded,educated well traveled friends.Far from the Southern Baptist Republicans I grew up with in Houston,Henry,and Clayton counties.My parents live in those areas now and I HATE going to visit there,but I usually still find some light at the end of the tunnel when I am there.

Right now I have a nice 3bedroom house. I rent 2 of the rooms out.Sometimes to college students.Currently one of the people renting from me is Bi-racial.Their father is Mexican-Chinese and the mother is African-American.I have friends and we go to out to bars/clubs in East Atlanta Village,Midtown to Opera(I hate that club,not a Euro-Techo-Dance music fan at all),we have lunch in Midtown West,hang out at my Hungarian friends place that go to Tech.My Ghanaian friends and his Minnesotan wife cookout in Grant Park.I went to and Hungarian Dance festival 4weeks ago,a Jewish bingo night at the synagouge with my friend Pauley,ate some absolutely horrible Korean food prepared by my friend Wong.LOL!I mean I could go on how enriching my life has been here in Atlanta!

My parents have a beautiful house where I partially grew up in the suburbs just sitting empty for over 3years.3500 square feet in a nice suburban neighborhood complete with huge yard.Its a fairly modern house, less than 30 years old but well kept and still looks new. All paid off years ago.Empty just waiting. It's mine whenever I want it.I don't want it.Its ijust too far out and the people are typical suburban types or rednecks.Even though its not like it used to be its still not cosmopolitan or diverse enough for me.Thats how bad I don't want to live in areas like that.Not that its bad.I just know what makes me happy.Even in this city you can go 30 minutes and be in a different world.You can go from hating or loving it depending on where you wanna reside.Kennesaw ,while nice for families,is not the ideal place for a single young black male.

My advice is to you is get a roommate move into the city.If you are in school transfer to GSU,use your student loan money to get you a place downtown,midtown,Atlantic Station,wherever and just get outta Dodge.Trust me,your life will greatly improve by moving 30 minutes South.If it does not,then I'm sorry its gotta be you to a large degree.If you want any suggestion DM me and I will be happy to help

Old 11-07-2009, 07:02 AM

Location: Originally from Cali relocated to Inman Park/Old 4th Ward/Westside Atlanta
987 posts, read 3,899,670 times
Lightbulb City Fanatic why don't you honestly answer his question?

Quote:
But how do those stats help me, a black college student who isn't on welfare? If people are using those stats to treat me as an unequal, then it doesn't help me, it hurts me. It only emiserates me. Have you ever thought about WHY 1 out of 9 African-Americans are on welfare? Have you ever thought about why unemployment rates are higher for African-Americans than Whites? Have you ever thought about a solution to the social problems in this nation? I have thought about it alot.
There are about 130 named terrorists in the USA. about 100 of them are White. Does that mean treat all White people like crap? No way. I wouldn't do that to anyone. But it is done to people of Middle Eastern descent when they make up about 26 of the named terrorists in the USA. They are often subjected to bad treatment. Why should anyone go through that. Because of the stats, people often use that as a reason to treat African-Americans badly. I find it inexcusable. I don't care what the statistics say. I am not on welfare. I am not the one committing crimes. If people are throwing out statistics so much, why not find out why this is going on and find solutions that help everyone.
There might be higher rates of crime committed by African-Americans, but you didn't point on this either if we are on the subject of race. Most of the victims of crimes committed by African-Americans are also African-American.
City Fanatic, Now is your chance to give a thoughtful non-bigoted response to his question. We are waiting...

Old 11-07-2009, 08:34 AM

281 posts, read 615,037 times
Quote:
I personally try to judge each person as an individual, but it is human nature to make judgements based on past observations/biases. We are hard wired for self-preservation. I know that 99.9999% of sharks will not attack a human, but if I see a shark swimming at the beach I am still not going in the water. If I am walking around Georgia Tech at midnight and someone approaches me at a dark corner, I am going to be a lot more worried if that person is a young, black male versus a young indian guy. I guess that is bigotted, but based on my previous observations and experiences it is probably unavoidable.
You ask why there is is such povery in the black community. I say it is due to the breakdown of the family and poor reproductive choices. If every woman, black or white, would wait till they were at least thirty to have children the poverty rate would decline exponentially. They also need to be at least a high school graduate and married for at least three years. If you follow those rules there is minimal chance you will be living in poverty. It is also irresponsible to have more than two kids. Follow the japanese model where they have one kid and focus all their resources on that one kid.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:22 AM

925 posts, read 2,597,803 times
Quote:
But how do those stats help me, a black college student who isn't on welfare?
I don't think that the statistics should effect you. After all, if you have the ability to work to better yourself, then by all means do it. I'm all for blacks bettering their living situation. What I object to, however, is blacks, or any other non-white demographic, moving into white areas, which inevitably forces whites to move. Why? The first blacks into an area are generally good neighbors who keep up their homes, who aren't rowdy, and who act much like their white neighbors. The problem is that the presence of blacks in the neighborhood is a signal for lower-par blacks to move in, which results in a less-kempt neighborhood, failing neighborhood schools, higher crime, and lower property values. This only causes an acceleration of white flight.

However, even if all the blacks who were moving into a white area were educated, very respectful, etc., whites would still move. Why? They see the neighborhood becoming populated by people they don't view as their own. It's the same way that blacks living in a neighborhood that is being gentrified by whites don't like to see their neighborhoods changing, so they move. They see the "writing on the wall". This "writing on the wall" only empowers the "winning demographic" to move into such a location at an even faster rate. Hence, it's why once a "tipping point" is reached, change becomes exponentially increased in a much quicker time frame.

Quote:
If people are using those stats to treat me as an unequal, then it doesn't help me, it hurts me. It only emiserates me.
I'm not for treating anyone in a disrespectful manner, or looking my nose down at any one. I think that doing such is morally wrong, as we are all God's children.

Quote:
Have you ever thought about WHY 1 out of 9 African-Americans are on welfare? Have you ever thought about why unemployment rates are higher for African-Americans than Whites? Have you ever thought about a solution to the social problems in this nation? I have thought about it alot.
There are a number of reasons for blacks' plight, but the biggest reasons are genetic. I don't mean any disrespect, but I'm simply being realistic. Blacks, by every measure of intelligence, measure one standard deviation below whites. The average IQ of American blacks is 85, which is borderline "slow learner". Years ago, before category classifications were changed, 85 was considered borderline retarded. The "borderline retarded" number was lowered to 70, as too many people, particularly blacks, were being classified as retarded. Still, that the average black has an average IQ of 85 relates strongly to why they have problems, economically and socially, as a 100 IQ is generally what is necessary to function as a productive citizen in a civilized nation.

This in no way means that all blacks have an 85 IQ. As with all races, there is a range, and roughly one-quarter of all blacks have an IQ at 100 or above. For these individuals, they are generally able to compete and better their lives. They, generally speaking, aren't the blacks you see using welfare. On the other hand, half of all blacks have an IQ below 85, and they are classified as slow-learners or retarded (if IQ below 70). These individuals are generally not able to be productive in a civilized society, particularly when much of the labor intensive jobs have been exported to the third world. As such, their jobs are generally menial, low-paying service jobs, just as all low-IQ'd individuals of all races can find, or they go on welfare. Hence, it's why higher percentages of blacks are on welfare, given their lower average group IQ.

We can even look at Africa, and all sub-saharan African nations are much worse off than in white nations, as they are governed by blacks. We can see how well black-run cities in the U.S. have been, from Detroit to New Orleans, to practically any place run by blacks. In Africa, the average black has an IQ of 70, which is borderline retarded. Not this is lower than American blacks who have on average 15% European DNA. As such, over half of all Africans are classified as retarded. No nation can be productive and civilized when the vast majority of its population are classified as slow learners or retarded. Hence, it's why you see the poor infrastructure, poor sanitation, high rates of disease, and massive poverty.

Quote:
There are about 130 named terrorists in the USA. about 100 of them are White. Does that mean treat all White people like crap? No way. I wouldn't do that to anyone. But it is done to people of Middle Eastern descent when they make up about 26 of the named terrorists in the USA.
The U.S. government classifies middle easterners as "white", believe it or not, so one hundred of one hundred thirty named terrorists aren't exactly white. The U.S. government also classifies Hispanic Mestizos as white for crime keeping purposes (so as to not make "hispanics" look violent), and such couldn't be further from the truth.

Quote:
They are often subjected to bad treatment. Why should anyone go through that. Because of the stats, people often use that as a reason to treat African-Americans badly. I find it inexcusable. I don't care what the statistics say. I am not on welfare. I am not the one committing crimes. If people are throwing out statistics so much, why not find out why this is going on and find solutions that help everyone.
The problem that many people fail to understand is that there are differences within a group, such as at on the individual level, but in no way is it smart policy to say, well, because so and so is a good, upstanding person, let's say its okay for the entire group to move into this neighborhood of a different demographic. Ultimately, given the averages or propensities of the different groups, such is not wise. Ultimately, the neighborhood will break down, demographically, culturally, economically, and socially. Segregated neighborhoods by and large are more peaceful, and people really tend to prefer to be around their own. I speak for many white people when I say that we are really tired of so many of our communities continually being inundated by non-whites, so much so that it is like a plague moving from one community to another. Fairly soon, if such doesn't stop, there won't be any white areas in metro Atlanta.

Quote:
Yes, but interracial crime is heavily lopsided in favor of blacks against whites than vice versa.

Old 11-07-2009, 09:22 AM

72,813 posts, read 62,127,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Actually you confirmed what I caught in your previous post.I honestly know Atlanta is not for everyone.Many of those reasons are valid.Not saying you have no valid reason,I just think that happiness can be found almost anywhere.Even in the most unlikely places.That said your post have always made me examine if I am being just an "ATLANTA BOOSTER or just a truly admirer of this city.I came to the conclusion that I love Atlanta but more than anything I dislike the parts outside of the cities.Although that is true in most states with the exception of Hawaii.

I love my life in the city.I have a very diverse array of open-minded,educated well traveled friends.Far from the Southern Baptist Republicans I grew up with in Houston,Henry,and Clayton counties.My parents live in those areas now and I HATE going to visit there,but I usually still find some light at the end of the tunnel when I am there.

Right now I have a nice 3bedroom house. I rent 2 of the rooms out.Sometimes to college students.Currently one of the people renting from me is Bi-racial.Their father is Mexican-Chinese and the mother is African-American.I have friends and we go to out to bars/clubs in East Atlanta Village,Midtown to Opera(I hate that club,not a Euro-Techo-Dance music fan at all),we have lunch in Midtown West,hang out at my Hungarian friends place that go to Tech.My Ghanaian friends and his Minnesotan wife cookout in Grant Park.I went to and Hungarian Dance festival 4weeks ago,a Jewish bingo night at the synagouge with my friend Pauley,ate some absolutely horrible Korean food prepared by my friend Wong.LOL!I mean I could go on how enriching my life has been here in Atlanta!

My parents have a beautiful house where I partially grew up in the suburbs just sitting empty for over 3years.3500 square feet in a nice suburban neighborhood complete with huge yard.Its a fairly modern house, less than 30 years old but well kept and still looks new. All paid off years ago.Empty just waiting. It's mine whenever I want it.I don't want it.Its ijust too far out and the people are typical suburban types or rednecks.Even though its not like it used to be its still not cosmopolitan or diverse enough for me.Thats how bad I don't want to live in areas like that.Not that its bad.I just know what makes me happy.Even in this city you can go 30 minutes and be in a different world.You can go from hating or loving it depending on where you wanna reside.Kennesaw ,while nice for families,is not the ideal place for a single young black male.

My advice is to you is get a roommate move into the city.If you are in school transfer to GSU,use your student loan money to get you a place downtown,midtown,Atlantic Station,wherever and just get outta Dodge.Trust me,your life will greatly improve by moving 30 minutes South.If it does not,then I'm sorry its gotta be you to a large degree.If you want any suggestion DM me and I will be happy to help
I am currently in a lease, but once the lease ends I will definitely leave Kennesaw for good. I know Kennesaw isn't a good place for a single African-American male. What I am wondering is how I managed to live in Kennesaw(as well as the other African-American single men who also live here). As for a transfer, I haven't transferred because I know some of my classes won't transfer and it would stall my graduation time. Other than that, maybe living very close to the university isn't what it's cracked up to be. I will definitely looking into moving into Midtown or somewhere else. That is something that I can guarantee. I may have to wake up at six, but I've seen worse.
I had a similar issue regarding Atlanta. I easily hated on Atlanta because of my own experiences. The more I visited the city, the more I realized it was some of the suburbs that I didn't like. I am going to look at some places.

Old 11-07-2009, 10:17 AM

895 posts, read 2,359,872 times
Looks like city fanatic is another one of those "iq proves everything about races" people, I guess us "high iq" japanese should take over the entire US to make it better. By the way one of the most succesful immigrant groups in the US are african immigrants. And hmm I wonder why sub saharan africa has such a low iq, is it because basically none of them even have schools to go?

Quote:
What I object to, however, is blacks, or any other non-white demographic, moving into white areas, which inevitably forces whites to move.
Tell that to the native americans. You say "any other non white demographic" when the most succesful cities in north america are very very multi cultural (toronto, vancouver and New York City).

Old 11-07-2009, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NihonKitty View Post
Looks like city fanatic is another one of those "iq proves everything about races" people, I guess us "high iq" japanese should take over the entire US to make it better.
East Asians are not innovaters. All technology of which they excel at making were invented by Europeans or people of European descent. Considering that studying and work ethic plays a small role in IQ (not enough to account for the vast chasm between blacks and Mestizos, compared to whites and East Asians), East Asians only minimally have a higher IQ. Still, they're not builders. Southeast Asians and southern Asians have lower IQs than Europeans, so it's not necessarily an Asian trait for high IQ, but that of East Asians. That said, East Asians aren't naturally innovative. They're good at keeping a civilization, not building it.

Without innovative Europeans or people of European descent, the U.S. wouldn't be as successful, nor risen to prominence.

Quote:
By the way one of the most succesful immigrant groups in the US are african immigrants. And hmm I wonder why sub saharan africa has such a low iq, is it because basically none of them even have schools to go?
African Immigrants aren't successful by any stretch of the imagination, compared to European or East Asians. Furthermore, most of the Africans who are coming to the U.S. are the cream of the crop, those with greater intelligence or more motivation than their countrymen. Even then, they aren't as successful as other groups, and there are crime problems from them settling in Maine and Minnesota, white places where the diversity maniacs wanted to change the demographics through charitable resettlement organizations.

Intelligence measures the ABILITY to learn, not knowledge, so school doesn't really play much of a role here, beyond minor impacts.

Look at Haiti, Nigeria, Cameroon, the Congo, or any other nation that is black-run and black majority. Hey, even look at South Africa, which is now falling apart under black rule. IQ does play a role. Blacks also have verified higher testosterone levels, when coupled with a lower IQ, results in a higher propensity for violent crime.

Quote:
Tell that to the native americans. You say "any other non white demographic" when the most succesful cities in north america are very very multi cultural (toronto, vancouver and New York City).
The "Native Americans" may not have been the first of this continent, as remains of Europeans have been found that predate the "Native Americans". Secondly, regardless of this fact, the "Native Americans" did not believe in government, and most were wandering, sparsely populated, disconnected tribes of nomads that warred against others. The "Native American" population didn't rise above 2 million, at most reasonable estimates, a far cry from the 300 million of today.

The most successful cities in North America are NOT multicultural. New York City was built by whites. They built most of the skyscrapers that make New York City what it is today from an infrastructural standpoint. However, New York is riddled with crime, has a deteriorating infrastructure due to years of neglect, and is saddled with debt, just like most city's that are populated with a majority of non-whites. The schools are in shambles too.

Toronto has seen massive white flight. The place looks like a verifiable UN, and there's no sense of cohesion within the actual city of Toronto. Crime levels have risen with this "multicultural existence". Toronto was built and rose to prominence by way of white Canadians, not the multicult mob.

A successful place is a place with a high quality of life, low crime, beautiful aesthetics and upkeep, great schools, and a budget in the black. Such includes predominately white cities, by and large.

Old 11-07-2009, 11:26 AM

8,468 posts, read 14,908,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Fanatic View Post
East Asians are not innovaters. All technology of which they excel at making were invented by Europeans or people of European descent. Considering that studying and work ethic plays a small role in IQ (not enough to account for the vast chasm between blacks and Mestizos, compared to whites and East Asians), East Asians only minimally have a higher IQ. Still, they're not builders. Southeast Asians and southern Asians have lower IQs than Europeans, so it's not necessarily an Asian trait for high IQ, but that of East Asians. That said, East Asians aren't naturally innovative. They're good at keeping a civilization, not building it.

Without innovative Europeans or people of European descent, the U.S. wouldn't be as successful, nor risen to prominence.

African Immigrants aren't successful by any stretch of the imagination, compared to European or East Asians. Furthermore, most of the Africans who are coming to the U.S. are the cream of the crop, those with greater intelligence or more motivation than their countrymen. Even then, they aren't as successful as other groups, and there are crime problems from them settling in Maine and Minnesota, white places where the diversity maniacs wanted to change the demographics through charitable resettlement organizations.

Intelligence measures the ABILITY to learn, not knowledge, so school doesn't really play much of a role here, beyond minor impacts.

Look at Haiti, Nigeria, Cameroon, the Congo, or any other nation that is black-run and black majority. Hey, even look at South Africa, which is now falling apart under black rule. IQ does play a role. Blacks also have verified higher testosterone levels, when coupled with a lower IQ, results in a higher propensity for violent crime.

The "Native Americans" may not have been the first of this continent, as remains of Europeans have been found that predate the "Native Americans". Secondly, regardless of this fact, the "Native Americans" did not believe in government, and most were wandering, sparsely populated, disconnected tribes of nomads that warred against others. The "Native American" population didn't rise above 2 million, at most reasonable estimates, a far cry from the 300 million of today.

The most successful cities in North America are NOT multicultural. New York City was built by whites. They built most of the skyscrapers that make New York City what it is today from an infrastructural standpoint. However, New York is riddled with crime, has a deteriorating infrastructure due to years of neglect, and is saddled with debt, just like most city's that are populated with a majority of non-whites. The schools are in shambles too.

Toronto has seen massive white flight. The place looks like a verifiable UN, and there's no sense of cohesion within the actual city of Toronto. Crime levels have risen with this "multicultural existence". Toronto was built and rose to prominence by way of white Canadians, not the multicult mob.

A successful place is a place with a high quality of life, low crime, beautiful aesthetics and upkeep, great schools, and a budget in the black. Such includes predominately white cities, by and large.
Hard to believe someone with an education could believe such utter nonsense. One day, when you grow up, you'll understand how ignorant your views are.

Old 11-07-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
Hard to believe someone with an education could believe such utter nonsense. One day, when you grow up, you'll understand how ignorant your views are.
Actually, I see the world the way it is. You can use the word "ignorance" all you want, but in reality, it is you who is ignorant, for to be ignorant is to "not know". If you're refuting what I'm saying, you're saying that I don't know what I'm talking about, when all I have said is easily verified from observation and statistics. To disagree with something that is easily verified, you're taking the side against observation and statistics, the latter which is empirical. To go against such, no offense meant to be taken, you're on the side of ignorance.

You say, "when you grow up", but I'm almost certain that I'm older than you, and that I have more experience on the topics of which I speak. I also have multiple degrees, so I'm not going to buy into your, "it's hard to believe that someone with an education could believe utter nonsense".

If I'm wrong, point exactly where I'm wrong. If you can't do such, then you're simply another Political Marxist talking head, a useful individual for the Left.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta