Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2010, 10:05 AM

479 posts, read 703,052 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
No, what's threatening this country is this government's willingness to kowtow to corporate interests who wish to deregulated everything and turn the Unites States of America and all of its splendor into a giant paved, polluted feudalistic craphole. You can wax all the noble praise you want about the Tea Party but they come off to me as nothing more than a bunch of old, isolated reactionary guns & God types who are angry that the "other guy" is taking what they feel is rightfully theirs.

The recurring theme with this movement always seem to be "we must take our country back!!!" I wonder where we've seen that show before, eh?
You are correct that there is HUGE anger that the govt's policies are geared more and more toward forced redistribution of wealth. Such are inherently unamerican. Indeed, they are utter anathema to the founding fagther's principles of individualism, freedom and liberty, out of which came such important documents such as the D of I and the B of R. If you dont believe me, or dismiss them as more "reactionary" principles of "old white guys", you may want to reread the very documents mentioned above. It is quite obvious what they intended is not higher and higher levels of involvement by the federal govt as some sort of gaint "caretaker" of citizens. The exact opposite, in fact.

But you are right again, , we do intend to take the country back to its roots, its founding principles. Anything short of that will be considere failure, and ensure the eventual demise of the republic, sooner rather than later.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:07 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,308,673 times
At least you are acknowledging that crony-capitalism exists. Do you not agree that the same is going on in this country, & that phony populists like Bill O'Reilly & Fox news feed into this misinformation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullbear View Post
I am totally correct about Haiti and Somolia. The govts of Haiti/Somalia are pathetic, yes, but they are entirely responsible. It is their govt's gross corruption, mismanagement of natural resources, abuse of power, "crony-capitalism", outright fraud and criminality that has and will ensure these countries never rise beyond the "crapholes" that they are.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:10 AM

Meh. Do what you will. I'll just wait and see what the fallout's gonna be.

Quote:
You are correct that there is HUGE anger that the govt's policies are geared more and more toward forced redistribution of wealth. Such are inherently unamerican. Indeed, they are utter anathema to the founding fagther's principles of individualism, freedom and liberty, out of which came such important documents such as the D of I and the B of R. If you dont believe me, or dismiss them as more "reactionary" principles of "old white guys", you may want to reread the very documents mentioned above. It is quite obvious what they intended is not higher and higher levels of involvement by the federal govt as some sort of gaint "caretaker" of citizens. The exact opposite, in fact.

But you are right again, , we do intend to take the country back to its roots, its founding principles. Anything short of that will be considere failure, and ensure the eventual demise of the republic, sooner rather than later.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:27 AM

Quote:
If there was anything noble about these groups they would & should be angry about these unrighteous wars that are bleeding America's treasury & destroying lives, NAFTA & the FTAs that are sucking away America's industrial base, and the lack of regulation by our Government of the Corporations that lead to situations like the Deepwater Horizon oil spill.

But these Tea-partiers are not mad at THAT stuff. No, they are angry about the possibility of having to pay for healthcare going to the "other guy" & Mexicans. This movie has been played before, and the reviews were awful.
I dont think Tea Partiers would claim their movement as "noble". Such high falootin labels are more the province of the utopian minded progressives, who engage in pedantic polemics about social justice and "fairness" which are typically just excuses for taking property from one group and "giving it" to another.

There are plenty of Tea Partiers who advocate america should remove itself from the "craphole" that is the middle east and let come what may. (like any large group of like minded, there are still sharp differences of opionon even in that group) I dont necessarily disagree with this. My only caveat would be that if we pull back there and later come under attack by a foreign force/terrorists, we must respond with such savageness that any other attacks would be impossible and/or completely and fully deterred, as the price or dioing would be incredibly high.

This premise that a govt can be all powerful and, if big enough, can prevent catastropes, ensure everyone "has enough", and basically manage the world from the top down is a total fallacy. Govt screws up more than it improves. The best thing is to minimize govt and let individuals chart their own course. People who see a large govt, COMPRISED OF INDIVIDUALS, as more inherently moral, "righteous" and noble exhibit an alarningly massive naievete about how things really work. They scare me 100 times more than the entire Tea Party movement ever could.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:34 AM

Quote:
At least you are acknowledging that crony-capitalism exists. Do you not agree that the same is going on in this country, & that phony populists like Bill O'Reilly & Fox news feed into this misinformation?
Existing relationships and cultural mores will always impact enterprise. This is not criminal. Crony capitalism is when there is illegal collusion or outright theft of state or other's resources. These activites are still illegal in the US.

Old 06-26-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
I dont think Tea Partiers would claim their movement as "noble". Such high falootin labels are more the province of the utopian minded progressives, who engage in pedantic polemics about social justice and "fairness" which are typically just excuses for taking property from one group and "giving it" to another.
This whole country was born due to the theft of land. You can even look to the history of Forsyth County, Georgia in the early 20th century where land was forceably taken from African Americans. Just a little bit of inconvenient history for ya.

Quote:
There are plenty of Tea Partiers who advocate america should remove itself from the "craphole" that is the middle east and let come what may. (like any large group of like minded, there are still sharp differences of opionon even in that group) I dont necessarily disagree with this. My only caveat would be that if we pull back there and later come under attack by a foreign force/terrorists, we must respond with such savageness that any other attacks would be impossible and/or completely and fully deterred, as the price or dioing would be incredibly high.
Wow. Seriously? Your logic came straight out of Neo-conservatism 101. Granted I'm not saying that we should not have gone after Bin Laden, but... we haven't caught the guy.

Also, what the heck are we doing in Afghanistan now? Don't even get me started on Iraq, as Saddam hated the Islamic clerics as much as we did, if not moreso.

Quote:
This premise that a govt can be all powerful and, if big enough, can prevent catastropes, ensure everyone "has enough", and basically manage the world from the top down is a total fallacy. Govt screws up more than it improves. The best thing is to minimize govt and let individuals chart their own course. People who see a large govt, COMPRISED OF INDIVIDUALS, as more inherently moral, "righteous" and noble exhibit an alarningly massive naievete about how things really work. They scare me 100 times more than the entire Tea Party movement ever could.
That sounds more logical. Just wish that this particular piece of logic you put out was in style during the time that Southern Conservatives decided to try that nifty government intervention tool called "Jim Crow."

Just sayin'...

Last edited by AcidSnake; 06-26-2010 at 11:00 AM..

Old 06-26-2010, 10:54 AM

I disagree with your notion that crony capitalism is illegal. Although I can present many, MANY examples, I will simply bring back up the Deepwater Horizon oil spill situation in the Gulf of Mexico.

We will agree to disagree, man. I simply will never get your point-of-view, as I am pretty sure the same is for you of my POV.

Quote:
Existing relationships and cultural mores will always impact enterprise. This is not criminal. Crony capitalism is when there is illegal collusion or outright theft of state or other's resources. These activites are still illegal in the US.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:25 AM

Quote:
This whole country was born due to the theft of land. You can even look to the history of Forsyth County, Georgia in the early 20th century where land was forceably taken from African Americans. Just a little bit of inconvenient history for ya.

That sounds more logical. Just wish that this particular piece of logic you put out was in style during the time that Southern Conservatives decided to try that nifty government intervention tool called "Jim Crow."

Just sayin'...
Nothing inconvenient about history. If we want to start cataloguing crimes throughout, well, the list is endless.

While western europeans did colonize land that is now the USA, I would argue the world is better off for it. Lots better off.

Individual incidents do not entitle one group to undertake a process of "righteous" re-theft against some others. Not without push back.

Old 06-26-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
We will agree to disagree, man. I simply will never get your point-of-view, as I am pretty sure the same is for you of my POV.
Agreed

Old 06-26-2010, 01:36 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,865,184 times
Quote:
I suspect that those who dismiss the Tea Party so readily have had no real exposure to it. I can tell you among white, educated, professional types, there is huge enthusiasm for the Tea Paty and its principles.
Since we are rapidly headed towards a majority-minority nation, that tells you a lot about the future of the movement.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia