Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-12-2009, 02:49 PM

5,110 posts, read 7,141,538 times

Advertisements

If you are referring to trying to make left turns - yes that is very difficult there. Either a light needs to go there or some alternative to get out needs to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-12-2009, 03:03 PM

15,479 posts, read 15,626,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icbrown View Post
Does anyone think that The State of Ga should put a traffic light in the publix shopping center near atlanta bread company and across from World Gym. My husband and son could of recently died in an terrible accident and I am really livid. Apparently their are at least 2 accidents their a month. I wonder how many people have to die in order for the state of Ga DOT to consider it.
Have you contacted the DOT? If you did and that got you no where, try contacting your newspaper and tv outlets. On the news here, they live for stories like this. It's amazing what bad press does and the DOT here moves like the are on fire when something like this hits the evening news. God help them when it hits all 5 channels here.

Take photos of the intersection. Maybe hang out in the area for a few hours and collect pics of a few near misses. Send a copy of the police report, photos of your vehicle damage and copies of your medical records showing the incident. Send them a letter with all of this documentation. If you don't get any response, then hit the media.

Glad you and your family is ok.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:30 PM

I called the city (Atlanta) and said that (at the very least) a stop sign was needed for all directions at Moores Mill Rd at the Southbound exit ramp from 75.

Because in the mornings, a strong flow of cars comes from the west on Moores Mill and most traffic that exits from 75 is trying to turn left, it was miserable waiting to make a quick and dangerous left turn.

There is a traffic signal there now.

(I'm not saying my one phone call did it - in fact I have to believe that there were other calls and enough accidents etc to warrant it).

Old 03-13-2009, 09:12 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,089,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by icbrown View Post
Does anyone think that The State of Ga should put a traffic light in the publix shopping center near atlanta bread company and across from World Gym. My husband and son could of recently died in an terrible accident and I am really livid. Apparently their are at least 2 accidents their a month. I wonder how many people have to die in order for the state of Ga DOT to consider it.
On South Cobb? Are you talking about the outlet road from the Publix shopping center onto South Cobb?

Traffic there really isn't that bad.

Old 03-13-2009, 09:52 AM

The outlet road is not on the South Cobb side it's on the EW Con. side and it takes you to a light, so that does seem to be a problem area.

The South Cobb side is a problem.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:21 AM

6 posts, read 21,465 times
Being a Senior Member to this forum Do you know whom I should contact to voice my concern. Apparently it is a State Maintained Hwy... Not the City of Smyrna. I have already contacted the Smyrna Engineer and the Georgia Department of Transportation. The Dept. of Transportation said that intersection was already evaluated and it was not populated enough for a traffic light. I find that hard to believe especially since the addition of the World Gym. What are you thoughts? Any info to help me on my crusade will be greatly appreciated.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:23 AM

Thank you... Yeah I already go the Ga. Dept of Trans involved they said the intersection isn't populated enough. That is a bunch of B.S. if you ask me.

I got all of the accident case numbers of other situations that happened at that intersection and it is very overwhelming. The news is a good idea especially since right down the street is where that little girl was struck and killed.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
On South Cobb? Are you talking about the outlet road from the Publix shopping center onto South Cobb?

Traffic there really isn't that bad.

Yeah because making a left turn is like playing with a loaded gun.... Most people go all the way around the shopping complex and go out near Burger King which also does not have a light. It is a ridiculous intersection from any standpoint of the entire Highlands shopping center.

Old 03-14-2009, 09:28 AM

I am referring to the intersection of Ivy Glen and south Cobb. Across the Street is a world gym, brusters, jr crickets. On the Ivy Glen side there is a publix, Atlanta Break Company, liquor store.

Old 03-14-2009, 02:19 PM

well that's odd. Maybe after the proposed development will increase traffic enough to warrant a light?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta