U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-10-2008, 12:50 PM

14 posts, read 82,837 times

Advertisements

Even possibly Dekalb or Clayton county also.

I am scouring the www for options for my wedding reception next year and I need to stick to my budget as closely as possible (with the economy and all ).

Can anyone suggest any specific places? Or some creative ideas for venues?

I was thinking a traditional events facility that includes everything but those are SUPER expensive
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-10-2008, 01:05 PM

697 posts, read 2,864,861 times
Have you looked at the Roswell River Landing (http://www.roswellgov.com/index.php/p/185 - broken link)? It's an event facility owned/operated by the City of Roswell on the banks of the Chattahoochee. The rental fees and costs for security, etc., seem reasonable to me, but I have no idea what sort of budget you're working with. It's not all-inclusive -- there's no on-site caterer or anything like that, but the facility's decent, the location's good, and there are kitchen facilities, tables, chairs, etc. included in the rental fee.

Old 11-10-2008, 01:24 PM

14 posts, read 82,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackensack View Post
Have you looked at the Roswell River Landing (http://www.roswellgov.com/index.php/p/185 - broken link)? It's an event facility owned/operated by the City of Roswell on the banks of the Chattahoochee. The rental fees and costs for security, etc., seem reasonable to me, but I have no idea what sort of budget you're working with. It's not all-inclusive -- there's no on-site caterer or anything like that, but the facility's decent, the location's good, and there are kitchen facilities, tables, chairs, etc. included in the rental fee.
Oh my gosh, thank you rackensack!! Its perfect! This is the first facility that has no catering restrictions! (which I'm sure theres more out there but its hard to find them) I'm going to tour them this week.

More ideas are welcome, keep 'em coming

Old 11-10-2008, 02:11 PM

3,972 posts, read 11,919,382 times
You didn't say what size you needed, but here is another idea or two

Garden Hills Pool and Rec Center- Home

The American Legion has a hall near Chastain Park...

3905 POWERS FERRY RD NW 30342-4038 (404) 261-9727

This is a very basic facility but very functional

You also should check with friends who live in neighborhoods that have large swim tennis facilities. Many of these will have recreation/pool houses. Some are very large and very nice.

Old 11-10-2008, 04:26 PM

207 posts, read 897,204 times
The Fulton county government center Atrium is large, pretty and reasonable. It is Downtown Atlanta.

Old 01-05-2009, 03:01 PM

4 posts, read 57,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rackensack View Post
Also, if this isn't getting to you too late,Clayton County has community buildings available and they are very nice and reasonable. They are surrounded by a lake. It is extremely reasonable especially since you get almost half your money after rental if everything is in tact. The best one for you would be the Shamrock. [url=http://www.ccwa1.com/facilities/community.use.aspx]Clayton County Water Authority Community Use Buildings[/url]

I swear it's Clayton county's best kept secret and I had a chance to see an outdoor wedding (reception inside) take place there.

Old 02-02-2009, 07:07 PM

225 posts, read 680,568 times
Good luck if w/ the Roswell River Landing. I've been on the river when folks have had outside weddings there and it's beautiful.

I am also looking for a wedding venue so I wanted to see if there were any other ideas. It doesn't necessarily need to be a wedding place, we would actually like to find something a little different, but we do have our hearts set on an outdoor wedding w/ the option to move inside if the weather wasn't cooperating . Any more ideas, folks? Looking for places for 75-100 people - budget friendly! Thanks alot.

Old 04-08-2010, 02:06 PM

1 posts, read 16,523 times
The link to Roswell River Landing above is broken. Please to go http://www.roswellgov.com/index.aspx?NID=245

Old 04-12-2010, 05:01 PM

4 posts, read 26,686 times
Winfield Hall in Duluth. check it out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta