Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2008, 06:32 PM

8 posts, read 23,446 times

Advertisements

will there be a no child left behind act next year(2009-2010) so students can transfer to recieving school from a school that needs improment? I live in Dekalb County. will they send the letter home for student to transfer to a recieving school?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 08:15 PM

8,862 posts, read 17,396,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by livingmylife1992 View Post
will there be a no child left behind act next year(2009-2010) so students can transfer to recieving school from a school that needs improment? I live in Dekalb County. will they send the letter home for student to transfer to a recieving school?
I would think this sort of FYI would only be available to those in positions of leadership. You could contact the DeKalb School System.

Old 11-17-2008, 10:27 PM

3,615 posts, read 7,741,942 times
I sure hope the no child left behind act is rescinded until they find the funding for better education.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:05 AM

1,755 posts, read 5,660,619 times
How about, 'Kick the Child's Ass who doesn't Pass!".

Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 AM

340 posts, read 1,571,714 times
"Kick the Parents' Ass Whose Child doesn't Pass!".

Old 11-18-2008, 07:41 AM

165 posts, read 482,517 times
Children should be left behind. They might as well get used to it now and learn from their mistakes early on, than flip out when their adults because they never "failed" before.

Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 AM

340 posts, read 1,571,714 times
^It's impossible that no child is left behind. It's too polical. We know very well that God creates us differently. Some of us are smarter; others are slower in learning. That's why some become doctors, others become lawyers, and the rest become everything else. It all depends on the benchmark we set. We either accept the fact that some kids left behind, or lower the standard that everyone is above the standard. Yes, we can improve children's learning, but we can't have every child to march at the same speed. It's just impossible.

Old 11-18-2008, 02:45 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,723,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityFan View Post
^It's impossible that no child is left behind. It's too polical. We know very well that God creates us differently. Some of us are smarter; others are slower in learning. That's why some become doctors, others become lawyers, and the rest become everything else. It all depends on the benchmark we set. We either accept the fact that some kids left behind, or lower the standard that everyone is above the standard. Yes, we can improve children's learning, but we can't have every child to march at the same speed. It's just impossible.
And some become doctors because they love the field of medicine...others who are just as capable are more interested in another field. The smartest don't automatically become doctors or lawyers while the rest become "everything else". Many of the brightest individuals choose something other than medicine or law, while a person of average intelligence may choose the medical field.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:23 PM
YBF

1,260 posts, read 3,346,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CityFan View Post
"Kick the Parents' Ass Whose Child doesn't Pass!".
I love this idea..because no matter what it is your decision to have kids and it is your responsibility to make sure they are getting the help they need in school...now I do feel for the parents that actually do care and are involved in their childs education and cant afford private school but for those who are not involved I just feel for those kids who wont have a fair chance in life but in no way is passing them just to pass them helping anyone especially not the child

Old 11-18-2008, 07:33 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,723,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
I love this idea..because no matter what it is your decision to have kids and it is your responsibility to make sure they are getting the help they need in school...now I do feel for the parents that actually do care and are involved in their childs education and cant afford private school but for those who are not involved I just feel for those kids who wont have a fair chance in life but in no way is passing them just to pass them helping anyone especially not the child
Well...you must feel for the majority of parents then, because many of them do care and are involved in their child's education and most people CAN'T afford private schools. I'm not convinced that a private school education is better than public school...the teachers often aren't even certified, and the pay is FAR below that of public school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: