U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 11-22-2008, 02:53 PM
 
15,103 posts, read 24,166,160 times
Reputation: 5767

Advertisements

This link/page should be very helpful/useful on the forum (Atlanta Public Schools-School Zone Attendance Maps):


Atlanta Public Schools - Bus Routes & Schedules (http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/content/bus_routes.aspx - broken link)

(the map links are at the bottom of the page)


*Note: The maps above do not include changes for the 2009-2010 school year (Brandon/Jackson; Morningside/Lin/New School)


Enjoy!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-14-2009, 04:22 PM
 
4 posts, read 19,958 times
Reputation: 10
Does anyone have an updated link or alternate source for this information? I am house searching and would like to be able to determine the public schools (particularly elementary) that correspond to the address we are looking at. Thanks in advance.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 12:07 PM
 
135 posts, read 496,961 times
Reputation: 34
I've been trying to get the data from school systems for a while to map all the school zones in Georgia, but they are not very cooperative. Most do, however, have their own maps on their web page. Just go to the school district's website and it should be there.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 12:17 PM
 
135 posts, read 496,961 times
Reputation: 34
for atlanta:

Atlanta Public Schools
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-15-2009, 12:54 PM
 
4 posts, read 19,958 times
Reputation: 10
Great. Thank you!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-16-2009, 04:28 PM
 
Location: Sandy Springs, Georgia
256 posts, read 688,674 times
Reputation: 131
It's funny that you mention that chacho, I've been trying to do the exact same thing. I've found maps for pretty much all the metro counties except Clayton. For whatever reason, they don't have a map of the school zones, only the schools themselves. Here are the ones I've found so far:

City of Atlanta (http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/content/bus_routes.aspx - broken link)
DeKalb County [changes next year]
Fulton County [changes next year]
Cobb County (http://www.cobbk12.org/planning/zonemaps.htm - broken link)
Gwinnett County (http://www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps-mainweb01.nsf/17dd737b9accbdbf852567f40072b8a3/f24922a159efae4f85256da30063d571?OpenDocument - broken link) [changes next year]
Cherokee County
Forsyth County [changes next year]
Henry County (http://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/151610129144153340/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&c=59472 - broken link)
Rockdale County (http://www.rockdale.k12.ga.us/C1/Bus%20Routes/default.aspx - broken link)
Fayette County (http://www.fcboe.org/generalinfo/schoolboundarymaps.html - broken link)
Coweta County (http://www.coweta.k12.ga.us/redistricting/maps.htm - broken link)
Paulding County

Some others may change next year too and I just don't know about it, but those are the ones I know about.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2009, 05:38 PM
 
135 posts, read 496,961 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Springs Rep. View Post
It's funny that you mention that chacho, I've been trying to do the exact same thing. I've found maps for pretty much all the metro counties except Clayton. For whatever reason, they don't have a map of the school zones, only the schools themselves. Here are the ones I've found so far:

City of Atlanta (http://www.atlanta.k12.ga.us/content/bus_routes.aspx - broken link)
DeKalb County [changes next year]
Fulton County [changes next year]
Cobb County (http://www.cobbk12.org/planning/zonemaps.htm - broken link)
Gwinnett County (http://www.gwinnett.k12.ga.us/gcps-mainweb01.nsf/17dd737b9accbdbf852567f40072b8a3/f24922a159efae4f85256da30063d571?OpenDocument - broken link) [changes next year]
Cherokee County
Forsyth County [changes next year]
Henry County (http://schoolwires.henry.k12.ga.us/151610129144153340/blank/browse.asp?a=383&BMDRN=2000&BCOB=0&c=59472 - broken link)
Rockdale County (http://www.rockdale.k12.ga.us/C1/Bus%20Routes/default.aspx - broken link)
Fayette County (http://www.fcboe.org/generalinfo/schoolboundarymaps.html - broken link)
Coweta County (http://www.coweta.k12.ga.us/redistricting/maps.htm - broken link)
Paulding County

Some others may change next year too and I just don't know about it, but those are the ones I know about.
Actually, I meant the schools themselves

This site has the school zones for all of Georgia.

Scout 99: Neighborhood Research, Made Easy

just pick one of the school data selections on the right...
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2009, 07:52 PM
 
Location: Sandy Springs, Georgia
256 posts, read 688,674 times
Reputation: 131
You meant the school campuses themselves, not the school zones? Those links I posted are maps of the high school attendance zones for each county/school district.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2009, 08:46 PM
 
15,103 posts, read 24,166,160 times
Reputation: 5767
Quote:
Originally Posted by chacho View Post
Actually, I meant the schools themselves

This site has the school zones for all of Georgia.

Scout 99: Neighborhood Research, Made Easy

just pick one of the school data selections on the right...

Great link!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-17-2009, 10:21 PM
 
135 posts, read 496,961 times
Reputation: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
Great link!
Thanks! Just beware that any of the census-related data is from the 2000 census but will be updated once the 2010 is released. Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Springs Rep. View Post
You meant the school campuses themselves, not the school zones? Those links I posted are maps of the high school attendance zones for each county/school district.
Right, the site I linked has the school zones. I'm looking for data (ie. long./lat. coordinates, boundries by address, etc.) for individual school campuses so I could create a map with ALL the school campuses in Georgia. It'd be like the links you posted, but aggregated into one map. Hope that makes sense!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top