Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 07:24 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria25 View Post
Do I have my definition of "professional" wrong???

cuz for me, a professional doesn't have to be a doctor, lawyer, or CEO...

he has to have a degree, and a career...and can make enough to afford his own home, car, expenses.....AND, be able to provide for a family (wife and kids) if he so desires....

I'm tired of people thinking I'm shallow or something, but when I'm dating and looking for a serious relationship, I don't have time to play with guys who can't even take care of themselves....

this generation is bad in the sense where independent women have allowed men to take a backseat when it comes to being a "man"...

many in this generation of "men" (if they wanna be called that) often don't and/or have enough means/career/education to even pay their own bills and instead of them working towards that goal, they expect women to to pay half or all of their bills for them and run around having babies left and right....

so, I hope my definition of "professional" is shared by many and not seen as "shallow" or whatever...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gloria25 View Post
I'm glad I moved to Atlanta, cuz at least I can say "I came and saw"..I mean, it has the flavor of a city that hasn't gotten slimy and dirty quite yet and hasn't gotten super expensive like other "big cities"

but.....

At the same time, it still isn't on the same level as other "big cities"..I mean, the night life ends around 2 am on the weekends....and you have this group of pretentious people that think they are on the same level as people from the OC or something...I mean I've never watched the Housewives of Atlanta, but they are a joke if you ask me...

Then, IMO, the cost of living is over inflated if you ask me, I mean, this is Georgia....

That goes hand in hand with employment...I see a lot of big buildings and companies here, but I guess they are importing their own staff??? Cuz the jobs here, IMO, barely are worth a thing and don't pay what the "cost of living" here in Atlanta is..

Then, do I need to start about the traffic and slow/sloppy public transportation system???

Oh, and the racism...I mean, with all the transpants from other states/cities, I thought that this place would have an atmosphere like New York where people with different races/cultures are enjoyed/shared....

And, as a single female, thought it would be a great place to meet an eligible bachelor, but unfortunately there are a lot of homosexuals...please don't take it the wrong way, but again, I thought that there would be more eligible single men here for a gal like me that aren't gay or racists....

I don't know, I'm gonna hang around here for a while and see...I beleive Atlanta has potential and hopefully it can evolve into something way better than it is now..
THE IRONY!!!!!

The woman complains about finding a good job, price of living, fake women like Atlanta Housewifes, BUT wants a "professional" man with a degree, a career and the ability to be a home & automobile owner.

Read it people.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:26 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
Wow Dude!!! That is the gospel!!! I have posted that opinion before on this site. I mean the exact same opinion based off of my experiences in this city. The Atlanta women are PRORELATIONSHIP to the highest degree. One date and you are their boyfriend like yesterday!! And this is not a complaint...anything that makes it easier to win, I'm all for it, including desperation. My only beef is where I live. I gotta get to the center of the city so I can have better access to the entire perimeter. Which gives me better access to more options.

You know what....Men should be happy women broadcast their prototype. I know I am. All you have to do is master the image. I mean do you really want to date or marry a women who wants you because you are "professional" you would have to be a fool to make a choice like that. Its crazy. Even requesting a financial standard in this economy with what is going on with many people is borderline idiotic.

WARNING..."I know such and such" story coming.

So I got a few female friends in the A, I notice the 3 I know that went to college all want these "professional/upscale" men. The thing is none of them is working in their field of what they went to school for. When they meet men and describe them to me they ALWAYS include the job title. For example: The may meet a dude who is an Accountant....They refer to him as Hakeem the Accountant or Tyrone the Accountant or Keith the Registered Nurse LOL Like for real!!! They are never just Tyrone, Keith & Hakeem, they always add the title. Seems like they are so proud to have a man who makes more money then the average dude. The average dude is not homeless. The Average dude pays his bills and his car works fine. When they meet Lamont the landscaper guess what he is just Lamont. Working in landscaping is nothing to brag about for them I guess, but Lamont's bills are paid. Is Lamont "professional"? No probably not, but he can hold his own. I love talking to all of my female friends that do that "professional" choosing. I listen and take in every word. Men shouldn't be mad at the gold digging types, they should enjoy them, then find a real woman. This city has many of those to....I think.
So true. I don't even have a problem with the women that may be well off and don't want a bum, but most of the ones that think like this are barely gettin by themselves. And then after they pick a man based on his wallet size and he drags her through the mud, here comes that "there are no good men" mentality as if they didn't do it to themselves.

Old 12-04-2008, 08:49 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
So true. I don't even have a problem with the women that may be well off and don't want a bum, but most of the ones that think like this are barely gettin by themselves. And then after they pick a man based on his wallet size and he drags her through the mud, here comes that "there are no good men" mentality as if they didn't do it to themselves.

Exactly....I mean cmon, If I was a 33 year old lawyer, with nice suits and a Benz, you know how many women I would have in my bed? And again some women don't really want the man's money they want the man with the "professional image/status" it makes them feel accomplished. Hey look at how accomplished the Housewifes of Atlanta are. Married a NBA player, Divorced expecting 7 figures, divorced from RB star now married to NFL player, married to temp real estate mogul. See how accomplished they are.

Old 01-19-2009, 11:40 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
THE IRONY!!!!!

The woman complains about finding a good job, price of living, fake women like Atlanta Housewifes, BUT wants a "professional" man with a degree, a career and the ability to be a home & automobile owner.

Read it people.

ROFLMAO... You are spot on...Well done. I laugh at these confused posts.
I'm moving later on this year, and the misses has been hearing horror stories from colleagues that live in Atlanta or stories from a friend of a friend. She wants to keep me indoors, like Kathy Bates did in Misery...

Old 01-20-2009, 04:30 PM

211 posts, read 402,624 times
"but most of the ones that think like this are barely gettin by themselves."

"They'd rather have someone that can financially provide for them rather than someone that can provide emotionally."

Wow, the attitudes of some women is sad...

"independent women have allowed men to take a backseat when it comes to being a "man"...

I'm one of those independent women, in order for a relationship to work for me the man must stand up next to me. I have no desire to be the "boss", rule the roost, or anything of that nature. Nor did I move to ATL to go "fishing"...I came to work.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:05 PM

55 posts, read 243,709 times
Quote:
Exactly....I mean cmon, If I was a 33 year old lawyer, with nice suits and a Benz, you know how many women I would have in my bed? And again some women don't really want the man's money they want the man with the "professional image/status" it makes them feel accomplished. Hey look at how accomplished the Housewifes of Atlanta are. Married a NBA player, Divorced expecting 7 figures, divorced from RB star now married to NFL player, married to temp real estate mogul. See how accomplished they are.

LOL...such speculation. This poor girl got flamed for a serious question...and I have the same question as well. It's hard to meet a professional single woman.

My defininition of professional: A person whose education facilitates a career which provides a reasonable standard of living including but not limited to a nice house/apt, transportation, etc...

Professional also indicates a person is independant and can provide for himself/herself without the need of any outside help and acts accordingly to not jeapordize her career.

This is a very simplified definition...I could probably write a small essay on it lol.

I would not include a woman waiting tables as a professional. A nurse, however, would be a professional as would the obvious doctors, lawyers, engineers, architects, etc...

Old 01-20-2009, 07:22 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,239 times
I just want to find a nice young woman who doesn't have a sucky attitude, isn't covered from head to toe in tattoos, and doesn't come with any heavy baggage from past relationships. Also would be good if I can find a woman between the ages of 23-29 who is in good shape and does not have kids. Now THAT'S hard to find in Atlanta.

Maybe I'll get a Swedish honey like Tiger Woods.

Old 01-20-2009, 07:46 PM

172 posts, read 393,677 times
Hang out at any bar Downtown, Old Fourth Ward, East Atlanta or Cabbagetown and you'll find plenty of professionals. You can throw a rock and hit a doctor, lawyer, scientist, or manager type. If not that you'll probably find somebody finishing an advanced degree or maybe owns a local business.

Also, I find that the people tend to be a lot more down to Earth than in many neighborhoods to the north.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:00 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,404,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I just want to find a nice young woman who doesn't have a sucky attitude, isn't covered from head to toe in tattoos, and doesn't come with any heavy baggage from past relationships. Also would be good if I can find a woman between the ages of 23-29 who is in good shape and does not have kids. Now THAT'S hard to find in Atlanta.

Maybe I'll get a Swedish honey like Tiger Woods.

Man do you leave the house? I never understood how dudes have trouble meeting women here. I meet women that fit that description every weekend. As a matter of fact I went to Fox Sports Grill Saturday and within an hour of being there i had arranged a date with a super sexy 26 year old RN.

For one you have to be aggressive. Not overly aggressive but most of the time her initial response will let you know whats up. One thing i never had a problem finding in Atlanta is a woman. Most of the ones i meet are just happy to see there are still some straight single men left.

Fox Sports & 300 bowling alley have been gold mines for me but that probably won't be your type of atmosphere.

Old 01-20-2009, 11:55 PM

527 posts, read 1,281,879 times
Try Craig's List.

lawl.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta