Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-23-2008, 06:18 PM

3 posts, read 9,155 times

Advertisements

Hello all, pardon me if I am posting a thread that already has answers for this, but... i'll dive right in.

I'm a sales rep moving to Atlanta from Dallas, TX in January. I need to find something 2BR-ish, and we dont want to live in an apartment complex, we dont want to live in suburbia hell. I dont care about traffic, since all I did was sit in traffic in DFW/Houston/S.A. and Austin, TX. I am looking for a realtor who is similar(if possible)to the people we used in Dallas. Here is the URL: {Moderator Removed} this type of URL not allowed. I dont know much about Atlanta, except that I have visited for concerts and such, so, I dont know the neighborhoods, but I heard Virginia Highlands is good, as well as Decatur.

I would sincerely appreciate any help and advice. Thanks for your time.

Morgan

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 11-23-2008 at 09:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2008, 11:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,278 times
Default Relocating-looking for a realtor

Hi Morgan-

The Virginia Highlands area is a good choice when first coming to Atlanta. You are basically a minute outside of the "city" but in the midst of everything you need culturally, etc. Also, this area of town has a great feel with trees, sidewalks, etc. Decatur is a similar area and the prices will be a bit less but you are farther from everything. It will come down to what you are looking to pay for something.

You had mentioned you were looking for a realtor similar to the one you used before....I am not sure what kind of person you are looking for but I would be happy to help you myself as I am a buyer's here in Atl. and VA Highlands is an area I know well.

You can contact me directly is you like via my info. I wish you well in your move...welcome in advance to Atlanta!

Old 11-26-2008, 02:20 AM

8,057 posts, read 12,854,475 times
What part of Dallas did you live in? Or if you didn't like where you were, what part of Dallas did you like and I will suggest a part of Atlanta that is similar, I know both cities pretty well.

Old 11-26-2008, 05:55 AM

21,870 posts, read 15,082,278 times
Here's information on the City of Decatur. City of Decatur, GA It is 4 square miles in size and has it's own school system that is highly regarded. Decatur City has been described as where "Berkley meets Mayberry".

Here is the link for Virginia Highlands. Virginia Highland :: Atlanta, Georgia It is the neighborhood next to the one I live in, Inman Park. www.inmanpark.org

Good luck and welcome!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta