Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2008, 11:28 AM

16 posts, read 54,342 times

Advertisements

Hi, my name is Christina and I'm a senior in college. This upcoming May I will be graduating with a BA in Business Mgmt. I currently live in Pittsburgh and want to move to a city with opportunities. I use to want to move to Charlotte, NC but I heard the job market is low. I heard good things about ATL and Houston. I want a change of scenery and a good environment for a God-loving,young, single, with now kids african-american woman. I'm 23 and I love to go out and fun. I hate snow and want to move far away from it..lol..Bascially I'm looking for a place where the people are welcoming, wide range of churches (baptist), good nightlife, nice weather, a large number of young professional men (preferable african-american), good job market, and affordable rent (up to 700). All post will be appreciated and taken in for consideration...thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2008, 11:53 AM

3,972 posts, read 12,618,420 times
In this job market, you need to let the job decide where you live. Find the job first.

Old 11-30-2008, 12:54 PM
VJP

721 posts, read 1,721,883 times
I mostly agree with ^ . What do you want to do? You may find if your grades not top notch or don't have other connections that companies are most unwilling to fly you down for an interview like the days of old. Skilled professions still do this, but generally only for those in senior roles with experience, where I hope you'll end up in the future.

Plan on having a roommate to live in Atlanta with the 700$ budget, if yo uwant to be inside the perimeter and around people our age.

Old 11-30-2008, 01:41 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,085,127 times
I hope you know started another bashing thread

Old 11-30-2008, 03:31 PM

360 posts, read 1,008,367 times
I agree with the first response. Go where you can get a job. A job is EVERYTHING today.

As far as snow goes, all three cities are low on snow. Snow in Houston is a truly extremely rare event. You'll get a little bit in Atlanta and a little bit more in Charlotte.

Old 11-30-2008, 05:49 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,726,449 times
Well I helped you over on the Charlotte thread, but I see you're still up in the air. So I"ll say this...just move to Atlanta. Atlanta is well thought of as the "mecca" for black folks, so why not just go there and see what all the hype is about. I lived in Atlanta for a few years. Its was ok. Not nice enough to keep me there though. Its like every city, there are good and bad things about every place. I could give you a "million" reasons why Atlanta would be worse than Charlotte or Houston, but I could also give you a million as to why it would be better. But thats really not necessary. Its up to you. It appears you are leaning towards Atlanta, so I say plan to go there. You'll be in good company. Plus you're young. If you dont' like it, you've got many years ahead of you to move somewhere else.

Old 11-30-2008, 10:30 PM

Thank you for all your help...I appreciate all the post...i have to May 2009 to decide and I think Atlanta will be my choice, but I'm still considering the other 2

Old 11-30-2008, 10:32 PM

Also I'm not trying to start a bashing thread, i respect everyone's opinions and thoughts on what city they feel is best. I'm just here to read people's insights and experiences. I come here to read opinions from people that I dont know...not to start a bashing thread.

Old 12-01-2008, 11:29 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,085,127 times
Well i know you are not trying to but thats what this is going to lead up too. Its been seen all over this forum. People on here are going to boost up there citys and down other citys. Then someone is going to come challenge someone elses post. My thing visit all three citys if you can. get your own opinion about the 3 citys. Then make your decision dont make your decision based of another forumers experiences or opinions, because you may end up somewhere you really dont wanna be. But all 3 citys are great i been to all 3 I just like Atlanta over the 3 but thats my choice. And the only reason why i like it here is because i have become successful at my age here and i am doing very well.I wouldnt give that up to move anywhere. I dont care how interntional or cosmo or booming a city may be.

Old 12-01-2008, 04:40 PM

I totally agree with you...I've been to ATL and Charlotte and I loved both of them....I never been to Houston, but heard good things from family...but anyway, my focus is to become successful also. I'm just going to pray about. I have six months to decide......
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: