Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Atlanta...Love it...Hate it...or just Accept it?
I am originally from the NE and I love living here 14 19.72%
I am originally from the NE and I hate living here and plan on moving back/somewhere else 7 9.86%
I am originally from the NW and I love living here 1 1.41%
I am originally from the NW and I hate living here and plan on moving back/somehere else 3 4.23%
I am originally from the South and I love living here 15 21.13%
I am originally from the South and I hate living here and plan on moving back/somewhere else 7 9.86%
I am originally from the MW and I love living here 5 7.04%
I am originally from the MW and I hate living here and plan on moving back/somewhere else 1 1.41%
I am originally born and raised in Atlanta and love it 10 14.08%
I am originally born and raised in Atlanta and hate it and plan on moving back/somewhere else 2 2.82%
I accept that I live here and neither love it or hate it 6 8.45%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2008, 09:55 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,641,799 times

Advertisements

For me Atlanta's always the home town and I hope it grows up whenever this recession ends, but I will probably move on whenever I get my degree. My academic advisor was telling me that I should look to DC because "That's the best area for PR" and I have a close friend who lives in the Tri-State area who's trying to get me to move up there after school. Right now I have no idea what to do stay here or put the degree to better use and move North? Some of these college instructors have told me that I should move to NY, Bos, Chicago, or LA because my hometown's too provincial and I wouldn't make as much as I should. I'll think some more about this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2008, 02:01 PM

321 posts, read 1,556,380 times
There are things about the Atlanta area that I like. It's fairly inexpensive to live here, though it's getting higher and higher. I like the early Springs and the long Falls.

That's about it.

I'm from the Washington DC area and though I know that traffic is about as bad there, there is nothing like living in town and being able to walk everywhere, or to take the Metro, which serves sooooo much more of the metro area than the Marta does. I love the museums, the beautiful historic homes and townhouses, sidewalks. Biking along the river, you can go for so many miles. The downtown area doesn't close at dark, I used to go downstairs in my office building and hit the clubs.

Hoping to get back soon.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:41 PM
YBF YBF started this thread

1,260 posts, read 3,357,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I was about to ask the same question DeaconJ. Did the city issue you a cape as its official defender? If not, you really need to back off.
LOL I had to rep you for this one....

Old 12-05-2008, 03:47 PM

4,585 posts, read 12,361,755 times
I have come to hate living in GA, the weather is just too hot and humid for me most of the year, I've developed horrible allergies and I miss the "real" mountains of the NW and the cooler climate. If the real estate market wasn't so bad I'd be gone...I've got a nice 10 acres outside of Jefferson, GA if anyones interested

Old 12-05-2008, 07:58 PM

9,470 posts, read 9,366,999 times
Default NYers are nice in NY, but not so nice in So FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Actually, as a native NYer, I can tell you that NYers are very friendly but in a direct and no nonsense way. They have done hidden camera studies that show that NYers will go out of their way to help strangers with things like directions and lost items. There are several threads here about perceptions of northerners and southerners with regard to rudeness and friendliness.

I would rank NY the best place I ever lived, given I grew up there and lived my childhood/teen years there. Atlanta would rank second with New England bringing up the rear, although New England in the summertime is one of the best places on earth to be.
I've had good experiences with pleasant people in NYC, where they have been helpful and gracious. However, the ones who live in So Fl are awful--rude, rude, rude, and pushy. No thank you!

Old 12-05-2008, 09:37 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,798,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoslynHolcomb View Post
I was about to ask the same question DeaconJ. Did the city issue you a cape as its official defender? If not, you really need to back off.
No...I don't think I will back off, but thanks for the high school-ish suggestion. You're funny...and a little sad. But keep trying, things will work out for you one day.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
I can careless who likes Atlanta or not unlike you!!!! I stand by MY opinion and no matter how much you stalk me Im not changing it!!!!!!!
Please...why would anyone stalk you? You aren't quite stalk-worthy.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YBF View Post
I am a native NYer as well and most ppl I know are scared to death of brooklyn...but Ive always called it home.
Nobody is "scared" of Brooklyn...that's absurd. You have such a narrow view of anything outside of your own opinion that you don't even realize how foolish it makes you seem.

I only defend that which is being offended...no need to defend otherwise. I'll stop defending people like you stop offending.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Nobody is "scared" of Brooklyn...that's absurd. You have such a narrow view of anything outside of your own opinion that you don't even realize how foolish it makes you seem.

I only defend that which is being offended...no need to defend otherwise. I'll stop defending people like you stop offending.
Still stalking I see What part of most ppl I know...cant you read?

Old 12-06-2008, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Please...why would anyone stalk you? You aren't quite stalk-worthy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta