Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-27-2007, 04:28 AM

3 posts, read 7,564 times

Advertisements

We need a good safe place to live. We have a 17 year old moving with us?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-27-2007, 07:42 AM

985 posts, read 5,760,177 times
If you can afford, West Norcross (along Peachtree parkway) is nice neighorhood. They got a walkable mall called the Forum at Peachtree Parkway that included many shops include a nice restaurant called J Alexander and a newly opened Trader's Joe.

Historic Norcross is another nice neighborhood. Instead of cookie cutter, it has very nice traditional style house.

Another option is John's Creek, just north of West Norcross. It is very nice community as well.

For the school, Norcross high has Gwinnett only IB program. So that's good option. If you buy home in John's Creek, Northview is considered one of five best high schools in Georgia.

The only issue is price. All those areas are pretty expensive. Expect pay at least 300,000s for existing home. If you want to buy new home, expect to pay 500,000.

For cheaper housing options, Duluth and Suwanee are good options. You can search a lot of threads on those on the site.

Old 02-27-2007, 01:59 PM

3,972 posts, read 12,666,305 times
If you child is going to be a junior or a senior, and going to go to public school, be aware that he will have to pass the Georgia High School graduation exam. This is required to receive the diploma.

If he is going to be a senior, I would strongly encourage you to understand gradtuation requirements so that you can make a wise decision. For example, some counties require 4 years of math -- others don't.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:03 AM

6,793 posts, read 5,666,526 times
I work in Norcross and live in Lilburn (Gwinnett Co.)
The commute is nice. I don't have to get in i85 and am very happy for it.

My home is ~250k but the range near me is anywhere from $<200 to over 700k. The school district in Gwinnett is either Brookwood or Parkview, both of which test very high but do seem to have an overcrowding issue.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta