Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-06-2008, 09:31 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times

Advertisements

My wife and I rarely get a night out. But last night we were able to get a baby sitter and sneak off for a pleasant evening at one of Atlanta's nice restaurants: Veni Vidi Vici. Unfortunately for us the table next to us was filled with a large party of noisy drunk people that enjoyed being loud and rude, yelling "roll tide" and shouting obscenities. I wanted to trip one of them as they left, but I was just too glad that they were finally leaving. Why do people have to go to a nice restaurant and ruin everyone else's evening? Next time, they should just go to a sports bar where such behavior is tolerated. I could tell the waiter was in a hurry to get their bills done (yes they made the waiter split the bill) and get them out of the building!

Otherwise the evening was pleasant and the food was good. But don't order the molten chocolate cake for dessert. They don't know how to make it.

Last edited by billl; 12-06-2008 at 10:13 AM.. Reason: speling
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2008, 10:11 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,889,276 times
Where was the manager?

I'd have gone to the manager and raised hell for them not going to the table and telling those people to calm it down. It's management's job to make sure every guest there has an enjoyable experience, and that's not happening if a bunch of drunks are being loud and obnoxious at a table.

NEVER sit in a restaurant (especially in that price range) and take something like that. If management is too sheepish to step up to the plate, find them yourself and tell them you're going to call the police and have THEM do something about disorderly conduct in a public place. I'll bet they do something then.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:17 AM

1,517 posts, read 6,740,176 times
Yeah, I'd call today and talk to the manager. Not that you're trying for a comp, but you'll most likely get one so you can have a nicer evening the next time.

Old 12-06-2008, 10:57 AM

40 posts, read 176,304 times
What is a "Bama" fan?

Old 12-06-2008, 11:00 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
neither AA nor "bama" fans have a monopoly on rudeness.
plenty of right wing white rudeness out there to be had for the taking.
giving it a political party and color coding accomplishes much evil.
the trouble with giving evil a face is the devil is always whoever happens to be standing near you.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:11 AM

2,218 posts, read 4,372,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
neither AA nor "bama" fans have a monopoly on rudeness.
plenty of right wing white rudeness out there to be had for the taking.
giving it a political party and color coding accomplishes much evil.
Who said anything about their race, color, or political bent? I certainly didn't. Seems to me that so far the only person in this thread to mention color or a political philosophy is YOU.

I call them 'Bama fans because they regularly yelled "roll tide" at each other and at other patrons in the restaurant. So, quite obviously, they are fans of the Crimson Tide. It was not meant as an epithet, but as a statement of fact.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:14 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teasol View Post
What is a "Bama" fan?
I think it's someone who loves grape jelly...

Old 12-06-2008, 11:19 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,431,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Who said anything about their race, color, or political bent? I certainly didn't. Seems to me that so far the only person in this thread to mention color or a political philosophy is YOU.

I call them 'Bama fans because they regularly yelled "roll tide" at each other and at other patrons in the restaurant. So, quite obviously, they are fans of the Crimson Tide. It was not meant as an epithet, but as a statement of fact.
others are also confused by the wording in your post.
see commments on bama.
it looked like a racial post and political post, very common on CDF.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:22 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,812,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post

Ok! I was re-reading the first post and all the ones that followed it looking for the description of the offending party that included their race, political affiliation, or their liberal/conservative beliefs. No one said anything about any of that...

You called them Bama fans because you could easily tell that they WERE Bama fans. Period. Too bad you didn't have your registered handgun tucked into your waistband...seriously though, I could see situations like this escalating to such a level if everyone carried a piece.

Old 12-06-2008, 11:25 AM

40 posts, read 176,304 times
I didn't mean to cause a stir, I'm fairly new to Atlanta, from up north and people use the word "bama" to discribe someone who is country or out of style. I thought it was that, an Alabama fan, or an Obama fan. I just wanted to be sure. When on this forum I always feel confused or left out because I am not familiar with the different areas that people speak about or the different slang, or abbreviations that people use. I decided to stop being confused and start asking questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta