Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2008, 11:50 PM

360 posts, read 1,011,113 times

Advertisements

I've REALLY enjoyed the warm spell the past week. I'm dreading temps in the teens and 20s, even for 48 hours.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 12:32 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,577,177 times
I'm glad it wont be long either. I better get some theraflu when i get out of work Heh!

Old 12-21-2008, 02:16 AM

11,334 posts, read 26,079,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FromCLTtoATL View Post
I've REALLY enjoyed the warm spell the past week. I'm dreading temps in the teens and 20s, even for 48 hours.
It's funny how people differ. My wife and I are looking forward to the colder weather in the next week. I hate this warmer stuff when it's supposed to be winter.

Old 12-21-2008, 02:21 AM

2,206 posts, read 6,890,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
It's funny how people differ. My wife and I are looking forward to the colder weather in the next week. I hate this warmer stuff when it's supposed to be winter.
Me too! I just got back from a business trip to Korea, where it was fairly cold outdoors, and I'm finding the weather here too weird. We're going to visit family in Ontario right after Christmas, and checking the weather up there, I see Atlanta's forecast chilly low (of 18F) is their HIGH. Getting out the heavy clothes for this trip...,

Old 12-21-2008, 07:37 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,668 times
Some Southerners are truly ridiculous when it comes to the cold...

Old 12-21-2008, 07:57 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
Ditto...I was speaking to my brother-in-law yesterday, and he was outside clearing a fresh foot of snow...in 15 degree weather (in the middle of the day), after a huge ice storm and power loss the week before and another foot or more coming today.

Southerners just have no clue about winter and should enjoy the fact that they don't have to endure long, cold, snowy winters. The short and muted shots of cold air that do make their way to Atlanta are certainly easy to endure for a month or two. That's one of the reasons people move here.

Old 12-21-2008, 09:59 AM

45 posts, read 151,097 times
Default What cold snap?

Haha, I was just thinking how excited I was to leave this freakishly warm winter weather and head to Colorado for some SNOW! Man oh man, I never thought I'd miss snow at Christmas, but the season just doesn't seem right when it's 70 degrees and humid outside!

Old 12-21-2008, 01:34 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,360,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxjay View Post
As are some Northerners that complain endlessly about the heat and humidity - it goes both ways.

Old 12-21-2008, 04:32 PM

3,478 posts, read 7,253,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
As are some Northerners that complain endlessly about the heat and humidity - it goes both ways.
About Florida, sure. In Atlanta, not so much. In fact, the fellow New Englanders I know in Atlanta are all in agreement (along with me) - the extremes in heat are far worse in New England than in Atlanta. Atlanta has long, hot summers, but the humidity and heat never reach the maximum levels that they do in New England, albeit those episodes last a few days to a week.

Old 12-21-2008, 06:42 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,188,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
This northerner has never complained about the heat and humidity. In fact, although the humidity lasts longer in Atlanta, it's much worse near the coast. When the heat waves in New England used to hit in late July, it was also much worse because we had no A/C in our house. In fact, many older houses and even some businesses in older buildings had no A/C...making it much worse. In Atlanta, every house and building has A/C.

Summer here was a breeze this year...air conditioned car into the garage and then into the air conditioned house. No complaints from me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta