Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-21-2008, 12:31 AM

2 posts, read 9,694 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to Atlanta within the next few months but I need to secure a job before I get there. I'm sure I'll find bigger and better things once I get there. I am confident and egar to move. I will take ANYTHING right now. I actually work in a very large hospital in Michigan and have been in the clerical field for over 15 years. But I will take just about any job right now from: housekeeping, waitress, cab driver, Nanny, fry cook, Noni Juice sales, Avon Representative, shampoo girl, pizza delivery, singing telegrams, to light industrial.

I would not feel secure moving to Atlanta with no income. I'm sure its enough unemployed people there and I definatly dont want to come there and get on government assistance. Thats azz backwards. So what suggest??? Where would be a good place to start? and What are my chances of finding employment, even if it is at the bottom of the barrel?

OR

If you are an employer, have a legit business and need help.....AND....are willing to secure a job for me BEFORE I relocate than Please send me your contact info.

Chanel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-21-2008, 07:41 AM

625 posts, read 1,148,794 times
Are you attractive? Try Platinum 21

Old 12-21-2008, 08:31 AM

10 posts, read 28,160 times
Please make sure you have a job before going there I did that now I am back in NJ cause finding work there is hard with the econmic situation and plus 5 million people leave there now.

Old 12-21-2008, 08:42 AM

16,259 posts, read 24,754,704 times
Jobs are hard to come by here. Very difficult to find even low pay jobs. Used to be you could always get something at a hotel or Wal*Mart if nothing else but even they are not hiring now.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:39 AM

3 posts, read 8,418 times
How's your job search coming along?

Old 02-12-2009, 07:55 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times
The question we should be asking is what's pressing you to come? No job and you want to move there? Makes no sense. Secure one first. Most sensible people find a job before moving. You'll save bandwidth in the future with a "I hate Atlanta" thread.

Stay put for now, until:
1. You have a good amount saved to live comfortably in case you have not secured work.
2. Find a job, which pays you to live comfortably so you dont complain in the future how it sucks here. Just advice.

From your post, it sounds like you did not think it out, and are looking at "Atlanta" for being "Atlanta" dare I Say "Hotlanta" and nothing else.
Please take advice and do the wise thing. Stay put until you have secured something. Good Luck, and hope you find something soon.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:18 PM

313 posts, read 1,148,551 times
Check the insurance industry...I heard Farmers and/or Zurich (Zurich is parent company of farmers) was opening an Atlanta office...check others too...like commercial, personal and the like. For commercial lines...there is Royalty (RSPI) in buckhead, Swiss RE, Axis, Willis RE, there might be a CNA office still there...not sure since I know they closed down their facultative dept a few yrs ago...those are just a few.

Check Progressive too...go to the websites and check to see if there are openings. I just checked for a friend...so you never know.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:27 PM

642 posts, read 2,218,705 times
Take a number. Okay you're number 765,000. Just start filling out this application and we'll be in touch.

Seriously though. Gool luck.

Old 02-12-2009, 11:11 PM

3,735 posts, read 8,064,868 times
This is not the time to move to GA without a job. What is the rush? Stay put would be my suggestion to you. When things start to improve in GA then move.

Good luck to you.

Old 02-14-2009, 07:49 AM

3,573 posts, read 5,307,587 times
Georgia has one of the highest unemployment rates in the country. It's at 8.1% and still growing. Why do people still keep insisting on moving here? Why not Wyoming, or many of the other North to Northeastern states? They have better employment opportunities.

Gosh y'all should have seen the line of folks looking for a Govt job at the Sam Nunn Federal building in downtown Atlanta the other day. It wrapped around the whole block of the building like THREE FREAKIN' TIMES!!! And people STILL want to move here? Do folks even watch the news? Do they read a paper? Or do they live in some fantasy world provided to them by Hip Hip and Hollywood?

What tha heck?!?!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: