Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 07:30 PM

168 posts, read 560,996 times

Advertisements

This whole season has been a dream, an unexpected gift. So glad I bought season tickets back in the winter during the Falcons darkest days in franchise history. Who knew? I didn't know, but I believed. And boy has it paid off with 6 great wins at the Dome (so far) against 1 loss, and a chance at 2 home playoff games. I fully expect the Saints to beat the Panthers at the Superdome and for the Falcons to be the NFC South champs, the toughest division in football this year. The magnitude of the Falcons accomplishment this year has yet to be fully appreciated.

See you in Tampa!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2008, 08:23 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Yeah, we lucked up in the Vikings game. They moved the ball up and down the field on us all day, only 1 punt, thank god for the 4 turnovers.
It was hard for me to watch that game. I didn't know who I wanted to root for.

I do have to say that the Falcons have done a wonderful job of rebuilding this year. Man, if only the Viqueens could get their hands on Matty Ice.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:35 PM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcsteiner View Post
It was hard for me to watch that game. I didn't know who I wanted to root for.

I do have to say that the Falcons have done a wonderful job of rebuilding this year. Man, if only the Viqueens could get their hands on Matty Ice.
Adrian Peterson and/or Bernard Berrian along with some cash...then we'll start to think about it. You should invest your time into the Falcons because we'll handle Arizona and Philly will be the nightmare for your ex-team (Johnson's D will blitz the mess outta Jackson).

Old 12-28-2008, 08:43 PM

11,334 posts, read 26,081,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
Adrian Peterson and/or Bernard Berrian along with some cash...then we'll start to think about it. You should invest your time into the Falcons because we'll handle Arizona and Philly will be the nightmare for your ex-team (Johnson's D will blitz the mess outta Jackson).
Actually, I've followed three NFL teams most of my life: Minnesota, Denver, and Atlanta. Not sure why the Falcons -- I loved both the Queens and the Broncos because of the great defenses they each had in the 70's (the Purple People Eaters and the Orange Crush) , and I think the Falcons attracted me because of the combination of Bartkowski and William Andrews. Andrews was fun to watch. Crunch!

If the Vikes and Falcons meet in the playoffs this year, though, I'll be torn. But the Vikes have been so dang inconsistent that it's hard to tell if that will happen. If TJ gets hot and they can hang onto the ball, though, I think they can give the Eagles a *very* good game, and I also think they can beat the Falcons, but only if the good team shows up.

Old 12-28-2008, 08:52 PM

I think it'll go down like this:
ATL over Arizona
Philly over Minnesota

Philly over NY Giants
ATL over Carolina

ATL over Philly

ATL vs Baltimore ??????

Old 12-29-2008, 01:16 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Summers View Post
I think it'll go down like this:
ATL over Arizona
Philly over Minnesota

Philly over NY Giants
ATL over Carolina

ATL over Philly

ATL vs Baltimore ??????
I am a DIE HARD Eagles Fan, but I doubt they will be able to beat the NY Giants, though I will pray daily. The Giants click on all cylinders. Heck they lost by a point yesterday playing mostly their bench.

Atlanta over Carolina would be a toss up. Like Philadelphia, you never know which team will show when it comes to Carolina. Let's hope it's the one that does not hold to well against the Dirty Birds.

The AFC will be a toss up. Could be Baltimore, Could be the Colts, but something tells me Pittsburgh. Good thing they have a bye due to Roth's concussion.

Atlanta deserves props in my book. A great example of what happens when you take out the trash. Now, will the Cowgirls follow suit?

Good Luck Falcons

Old 12-29-2008, 02:28 PM

193 posts, read 693,013 times
We can still get a home game if we play Philly in the NFC championship game... not unlikely at all, if the 2 teams keep playing the way they are. The Falcons did everything they could to get the #2 seed but Carolina seems to be pretty clutch. Atlanta vs. Carolina would be sweet too if that happened again even though it would be in CAR... a win there would be special!!!

P.S. To whoever called it luck.. things happen for a reason. Yeah, the Vikings may have won if "only" they hadn't had 5 turnovers. Think about it!

Old 12-29-2008, 02:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgia View Post
I am a DIE HARD Eagles Fan, but I doubt they will be able to beat the NY Giants, though I will pray daily. The Giants click on all cylinders. Heck they lost by a point yesterday playing mostly their bench.
I think Philadelphia's playing some good ball right now and this NFC battle could go either way in my opinion because they're so familiar with one another.

Quote:
Originally Posted by martarider View Post
We can still get a home game if we play Philly in the NFC championship game... not unlikely at all, if the 2 teams keep playing the way they are. The Falcons did everything they could to get the #2 seed but Carolina seems to be pretty clutch. Atlanta vs. Carolina would be sweet too if that happened again even though it would be in CAR... a win there would be special!!!
I really do hope Philly beats NY (assuming they beat MN and we beat the Glendale Softies) because our defense will not do anything against Jacobs. Like Georgia said I think this game is a toss-up but I do like ATL's Special Teams more.

Old 01-04-2009, 08:57 AM

173 posts, read 521,889 times
Well, we loss and it may have been tough to swallow but.... Remember we were projected to only win a few games this year, no one expected us to be in the playoffs. The way the defense played yesterday, it may be better to lose now than to get far in the playoffs and lose. Atlanta needs rebuilding, mainly starting with the defense. I also think if we had a home game there would have been a better outcome. But Matt Ryan got Rookie of the Year, we have a nice coach and owner, we still have a lot to root for. And don't forget about the Atlanta Hawks ! We'll see them in the playoffs again, they just need to get past Boston Celtics. God Bless

Old 01-04-2009, 09:16 AM

2,819 posts, read 10,402,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenSoldier View Post
Well, we loss and it may have been tough to swallow but.... Remember we were projected to only win a few games this year, no one expected us to be in the playoffs. The way the defense played yesterday, it may be better to lose now than to get far in the playoffs and lose. Atlanta needs rebuilding, mainly starting with the defense. I also think if we had a home game there would have been a better outcome. But Matt Ryan got Rookie of the Year, we have a nice coach and owner, we still have a lot to root for. And don't forget about the Atlanta Hawks ! We'll see them in the playoffs again, they just need to get past Boston Celtics. God Bless
Atlanta deserves props. A rookie coach, a rookie QB, and for the most part a new team.
To think only a year ago this team had a virus that most thought fatal. They took out all the trash and created a team. Wow! what a season and good for the Falcons. Same goes for the Hawks.

Good Job Atlanta! Can hardly wait to see what you bring next year. Now, if my blessed Eagles can only win the Super Bowl!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta