U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2006, 06:14 AM

7 posts, read 51,907 times

Advertisements

I live about 30 mins north of Atlanta and don't venture OTP (outside the perimeter) too often. I mainly stay in the Roswell or Duluth area.

What's there to do on the weekends or what are some good places to go on the weekends, and what about nightlife/social life for someone above 21?

Any suggestions?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2006, 04:39 AM

7 posts, read 47,517 times
Default what to do outside the perimeter?

wow, hike! get a book about the parks in georgia, (free @ ga parks and rec ) you can spend many a week ends driving to water falls, one a week end. check it out, do some hiking, stop at a little dinner in a small town, do some festival shopping during the fall. go to the lake, not very expensive to rent a pontoonand get some major sun.

hum, go bmx'ing there are several bmx parks from mcdonough to marietta.

drive only 1 1/2 hour north to north carolina and just venture out up there. lake blue ridge, the most beautiful water in georgia. worth just the trip

hmmm go on tour at the ga marble site in tate, off of hwy 575 north

rent a cabin for cheap at a georgia state park on lake hartwell.

mountain bike on trails at blankets creek (I think) right off hwy 575 and sixes road

or right under 285 near powers ferry rd (I think)

there is soo much to do if you like the outdoors

now, for nightlife,

go to town center mall area, there is a , bahama breeze, taco mac, joes crab shack. a bunch of place with outside cafe dining which is so popular in summer all next to two major theaters, bowling and of course shopping.

if you like to cowboy disco boggie, go to 'cowboys' in kennesaw off of hwy 41 north of barret pkwy and I75

there are billiards to play pool off of canton hwy north of barrett pkwy

north point mall area has great restaurants and clubs which is off of 400 and mansell

well good luck and have fun

Last edited by nfssph; 04-18-2006 at 04:44 AM..
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta