Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-24-2011, 06:32 PM

439 posts, read 849,117 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkeshaThnx4Lyfe View Post
Yes I am set on moving to the Castleberry. But don't you feel that DC and now parts of Maryland are way to gentrified? I was raised in PG County but it is now way too crowded and even areas in Chillum and Hyattsville are gentrified with Latinos and no one bothers to speak English. I can't understand what they are saying so how am I supposed to order something to eat or buy something at CVS? DC used to be chocolate city but it has just changed way too quickly for me and it's too fancy and expensive now. Everyone I know talks of moving to Atlanta to get out of this . And the fact that I have to share an apartment with a family member to pay the rent. Too much hassle and headache.

I did a google and sent an email to some stylists in Castleberry and they offered to look into positions available. So praise be that I will have a job soon down there. They seemed really excited that i could sing to!

~Markesha
This is now really looking like trolling...

Gentrification = the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses.

I do not know but I highly doubt hispanic immigrants gentrify anything. If they are gentrifying your area in DC good news for you, because that means your neighborhood will get better.

If by gentrification you mean, it is becoming more latino, and less black than that is definitely NOT gentrification. So, strike one on the troll scale.

If you are coming to Atlanta hoping to get rid of hispanics I am sorry to brake it to ya but they are the new majority. Hispanics copulate and multiply faster than any other people I know other than Mormons from Utah. Strike two on the trollness.

We have some mighty ignorant posters here but you are so far, breaking ground and realizing so I will just leave you be, as dealing with trolls is a waste of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 09:52 PM

449 posts, read 1,170,772 times
lol @ complaining about the areas in PG that have become predominantly hispanic.

Learn to adapt and teach your kids to share other cultures.

Don't complain about no one speaking English. That's like reverse biggotry

"These esses are moving in, there goes the neighborhood"

Old 04-24-2011, 10:40 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,328,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATL_II_DMV View Post
lol @ complaining about the areas in PG that have become predominantly hispanic.

Learn to adapt and teach your kids to share other cultures.

Don't complain about no one speaking English. That's like reverse biggotry

"These esses are moving in, there goes the neighborhood"
It really is human nature. We've evolved to be suspicious of the other. Frankly the rapid Latinization of this country is troubling. Not because there is anything wrong with Hispanics. In fact the Black areas of PG that Hispanics move into will most likely experience a significant crime drop as their population grows.

It's that rapid change that's jarring.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:28 AM

5,185 posts, read 7,521,865 times
Quote:
Well you just don't know me very well and you have no right to tell me not to move here.

I was warned that because of the color of my skin there are some racists here that don't want to see any more black people move to Atlanta because of the Census. Well you can't stop us. It's a free country.

~Markesha
No the only thing that can stop black people is the police & atlanta is cutting back so move right in.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:46 AM

31,993 posts, read 36,507,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyiMetro View Post
No the only thing that can stop black people is the police & atlanta is cutting back so move right in.
Atlanta is adding police officers, not cutting back.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:26 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,719,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alinka72 View Post
This is now really looking like trolling...

Gentrification = the buying and renovation of houses and stores in deteriorated urban neighborhoods by upper- or middle-income families or individuals, thus improving property values but often displacing low-income families and small businesses.

I do not know but I highly doubt hispanic immigrants gentrify anything. If they are gentrifying your area in DC good news for you, because that means your neighborhood will get better.

If by gentrification you mean, it is becoming more latino, and less black than that is definitely NOT gentrification. So, strike one on the troll scale.

If you are coming to Atlanta hoping to get rid of hispanics I am sorry to brake it to ya but they are the new majority. Hispanics copulate and multiply faster than any other people I know other than Mormons from Utah. Strike two on the trollness.

We have some mighty ignorant posters here but you are so far, breaking ground and realizing so I will just leave you be, as dealing with trolls is a waste of time.
Apparently.

Old 04-25-2011, 12:06 PM

75 posts, read 118,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Apparently.
That is quite racist of you to assume I'm ignorant. Why because of what that lady Alinka saids about me? You dont know me and my talented skills so please spare me the racism!

~Markesha

Old 04-25-2011, 01:46 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,719,630 times
Quote:
That is quite racist of you to assume I'm ignorant. Why because of what that lady Alinka saids about me? You dont know me and my talented skills so please spare me the racism!

~Markesha
If you don't understand sarcasm, then I'm sorry...I can't effectively explain it to you online. I didn't say anything about you whatsoever, and I have no idea what race you are either...I'm afraid your outrage is misplaced.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:05 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,397,289 times
Quote:

~Markesha
Huh???

Old 04-25-2011, 02:42 PM

1,498 posts, read 3,093,425 times
Quote:

~Markesha
Didn't you mean to say "skillz"?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta