Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 12:12 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,406,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcidSnake View Post
I felt the show had it right for the most part. There are a lot of trashy women devoid of substance here in the ATL. I see women go after guys with cars like the '87 Monte Carlo SS with the oversize dubs all the time. Flash and bling is major component of the hip hop culture.
LOL.... You're spot on. It's not just an Atlanta thing though. I think Florida may have Atlanta beat on that one. This is Chevy Hell down here. 22 to 26 inch wheels, looking very tasteless. The ladies love it, but look at who the ladies are themselves and everything falls into place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 10:07 AM

850 posts, read 1,543,049 times
These woman are only in this position because they married into it. Not one actually earns their own money. If it wasn't for their spouses, they wouldn't be where they are today. I would never want to define my own self worth by the money my husband makes. Money doesn't last forever and neither will their looks. Out with the old and in with the new.

Old 09-22-2009, 03:10 PM

9 posts, read 18,499 times
That show is an ignorant's joke!

Old 10-26-2009, 05:40 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,338,333 times
Default low and slow has a new meaning...

i watched roughly two of these atlanta shows. certainly, i realize that it is just hyped entertainment; however, it is embarrassing for the atlanta area and for the south in general. it really seemed to be a mill to turn out commercials for those women who participated, than it did anything else. most well-to-do southerners do not have to tell nor remind one of their wealth, class, etc. decent people, in general, do not behave pubically as most of these women behaved. really, it was tasteless and trashy. most of "atlanta's real elite" would never be so socially crude and backward. the small sections that i saw reinforced stereotypes that appear to be true much of the time, and the poor use of grammar---pitiful. atlanta and the south has much more to offer than that show.

Old 10-26-2009, 05:42 PM

8,469 posts, read 14,927,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kingchef View Post
i watched roughly two of these atlanta shows. certainly, i realize that it is just hyped entertainment; however, it is embarrassing for the atlanta area and for the south in general. it really seemed to be a mill to turn out commercials for those women who participated, than it did anything else. most well-to-do southerners do not have to tell nor remind one of their wealth, class, etc. decent people, in general, do not behave pubically as most of these women behaved. really, it was tasteless and trashy. most of "atlanta's real elite" would never be so socially crude and backward. the small sections that i saw reinforced stereotypes that appear to be true much of the time, and the poor use of grammar---pitiful. atlanta and the south has much more to offer than that show.
And the "Housewives" shows in the other cities don't do the same thing?

Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM

1,201 posts, read 2,338,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
And the "Housewives" shows in the other cities don't do the same thing?
yes, from the show i saw about california, i feel similarily. i just care about the south and atlanta. when i think about my my and friends in atlanta, i don't think of these women types.

Old 10-26-2009, 06:04 PM

23,374 posts, read 43,853,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnnee View Post
These woman are only in this position because they married into it. Not one actually earns their own money. If it wasn't for their spouses, they wouldn't be where they are today.
Kandi Burruss has indeed been on her own and has made her own way since she was a teen. She is a very talented lady.

Kandi Burruss - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-26-2009, 07:49 PM

81 posts, read 265,477 times
Yes, Atlanta Guy, I do feel the show stereotypes Atlanta. I used to watch the show regularly, but the women on the show are so immature that I lost interest. I know that's besides the point. If the producers weren't trying to depict Atlanta as being 80% black, I can tell you that a lot of the comments on the show by the housewives implied that Atlanta is primarily African-American. You wouldn't think that many whites, Latinos, Asians, or Europeans live here based on that show.

And I second what was said earlier about how none of them live in Atlanta. Two of them live in Duluth. Those same two are not even housewives.

As if all of that weren't bad enough, these women seem to be constantly fighting and threatening assault on each other, pulling hair, etc. It's terrible. If Atlanta was filled with people like that I'd be out of here so quick it would make your head spin! Imo, they're a bunch of nut-jobs.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:36 PM

1,262 posts, read 2,965,442 times
Yes, yes, we all know they are crazy, and don't represent any real aspect of life here. But isn't that the point? I know if they depicted my life, I wouldn't watch. I don't wear a wig, or have big saggy *******, and I even pay my mortgage, ON TIME!

This is pure entertainment; trashy yes, real no. Just get a laugh out of it and move on.

Old 10-26-2009, 10:56 PM

102 posts, read 271,670 times
I have not read any of the previous comments but MUST say - after watching those self centered dummies (other names are too many) - no one in their right mind and I do mean - no one sensible - could possibly think THOSE **** represent the ATL in anyway....they were like not real....so much to say - so little time - I loved the drama and watched sometimes in agony as they all spewed jealousy at each other...too much to say like I said...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta