Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2010, 09:40 AM

73 posts, read 109,572 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by qc dreamin View Post
No it wasn't. The question of the forum was how do Atlanteans feel about Charlotte. Thats all it was nothing else.This thread has turned into an ugly,immature mess. The sad part is that Charlotte and Atlanta are two of my three favorite cities in the country.Some of the responses on here from both sides have been full of attack, slander, and misjudgement. I think its time that some people take a look at themselves and ask whether or not its the cities themselves that have inferiority issues or is it the ACTUAL PERSON themselves!!

Inferiority issues belong to u.. Why do u want know how how Atlantians feel about Charlotte.... I want u to create the same thread in Charlotte forum asking them how do they feel about ATL and let's see what kinda responses your going to get...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2010, 10:50 AM

1,037 posts, read 2,046,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBillionaire View Post
Inferiority issues belong to u.. Why do u want know how how Atlantians feel about Charlotte.... I want u to create the same thread in Charlotte forum asking them how do they feel about ATL and let's see what kinda responses your going to get...
I asked the same reason other people ask questions. Just out of curiosity. I lived in Atlanta for 5 years and I am married to an Atlanta native. When I was a kid living in pre-boom Charlotte(1980s), Charlotte was looking to ATL for direction. Now Charlotte does not look at ATL so much anymore for what to do but what not to do. My question was to see how you guys feel about Charlotte being in the same position as ATLanta was in the 1980s (or 70s according to some people) Thats all. Trsut me if I posted the same question in the Charlotte forum I am sure I would not have as many negative comments about Atlanta. MY POST ABOVE WAS NOT JUST ABOUT ATL POSTERS BUT ALL IMMATURE POSTERS IN THIS THREAD INCLUDING CHARLOTTEANS AS WELL.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:35 PM

73 posts, read 109,572 times
Quote:
I asked the same reason other people ask questions. Just out of curiosity. I lived in Atlanta for 5 years and I am married to an Atlanta native. When I was a kid living in pre-boom Charlotte(1980s), Charlotte was looking to ATL for direction. Now Charlotte does not look at ATL so much anymore for what to do but what not to do. My question was to see how you guys feel about Charlotte being in the same position as ATLanta was in the 1980s (or 70s according to some people) Thats all. Trsut me if I posted the same question in the Charlotte forum I am sure I would not have as many negative comments about Atlanta. MY POST ABOVE WAS NOT JUST ABOUT ATL POSTERS BUT ALL IMMATURE POSTERS IN THIS THREAD INCLUDING CHARLOTTEANS AS WELL.

You already know the answer.. You have been on this thread long enough and you have been in Atlanta long enough too what anyone thinks of Charlotte. From reading this thread people gave there opinions and you became defensive when they started bashing Charlotte.. Those things are to be expected because everyone isnt going to like that area.. Just like everyone isnt going to like Atlanta. Asking a question like this is asking for trouble.. Now if your tired of this ask the Mods to close this thread.

Old 10-18-2010, 12:36 PM

10,744 posts, read 13,379,079 times
Good heavens children....

Old 10-18-2010, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnsleyPark View Post
Good heavens children....
Exactly. Every time anyone makes a statement in this thread that individual is attcked. Just see above^^^^

Old 10-18-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DinoBillionaire View Post
You already know the answer.. You have been on this thread long enough and you have been in Atlanta long enough too what anyone thinks of Charlotte. From reading this thread people gave there opinions and you became defensive when they started bashing Charlotte.. Those things are to be expected because everyone isnt going to like that area.. Just like everyone isnt going to like Atlanta. Asking a question like this is asking for trouble.. Now if your tired of this ask the Mods to close this thread.

And for the record the reason I asked the question is again out of curiosity and from numerous comparisons. No I did not know what EVERYBODY in Atlanta feels about Charlotte. That is why I asked the question. Jeez, its like dealing with my 3 and 4 year old.

Old 10-18-2010, 01:07 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,788,575 times
Quote:
No it wasn't. The question of the forum was how do Atlanteans feel about Charlotte. Thats all it was nothing else.This thread has turned into an ugly,immature mess. The sad part is that Charlotte and Atlanta are two of my three favorite cities in the country.Some of the responses on here from both sides have been full of attack, slander, and misjudgement. I think its time that some people take a look at themselves and ask whether or not its the cities themselves that have inferiority issues or is it the ACTUAL PERSON themselves!!
I have been all over the world.No place have I EVER hated.Even when I used too live in South Jersey 45 min north of Philly and I had to drive to Camden to get my hair cut.I did it because I was always in Philly visiting family so it was usually a stop on the way.The township I was in was like 90%percent white with no barbers that could cut my hair to my satisfaction.I drove around Camden with much dispair but I saw with hope all the positive things that people were trying to accomplish.The waterfront,The Arts Center,Rutgers U@Camden it was promising.So I do see the good even when their is so much bleakness.(no Im not saying Charlotte is like Camden.)

I have never said anything bad about Charlotte.Do I care for it?Not really.Its nice but I find it very nice and impressive,but dull.For raising a family its among the best and I do understand why.People from other parts say the same about Atlanta.And yes we all say why we do not agree.In reality everything is not for everybody.

Truth is that Nashville in my opinion is more overall a better destination due to its culture.The music culture(for one reason) has influence all over the country.New Orleans too.
Whether its good or bad.Its all opinion.No body can change that.I have said a lot and you and others have also.I have listened but NOTHING any of the Charlotte posters have said to make me feel any other way differently nor have I said anything totally off base.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:30 PM

8,180 posts, read 14,860,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
The immediate area of S.C. I know Charlotte does.But closer to Georgia and the western half of the state Its more Atlanta.But these are opinions ,not fact.Im not saying you are wrong but I you obviously have a different view.The family and friends I know in S.C.seem to say different.Oh well.
The only area of SC that would probably have a more immediate connection to Atlanta would be the Upstate, specifically the western portion of the Upstate, since the area is roughly midway between Charlotte and Atlanta. The Aiken/North Augusta area is another possibility, but I'm not sure which way they swing. Everywhere else in the state--the Midlands, the Lowcountry, the Pee Dee/Grand Strand--is definitely influenced more immediately by Charlotte before Atlanta. Like I said, I was born and raised in SC and have family and friends from all parts of the state. Trust me on this one. Give Charlotte at least a little of its due here.

Old 10-18-2010, 03:50 PM

235 posts, read 344,222 times
If I posted the question, "Charlotte people, how do you REALLY feel about Atlanta?" in the Charlotte room I would EXPECT Atlanta bashing ... nee, I'd be asking for it. It's a loaded question, like "Do you still beat your wife?"

The intent of the original OP was obvious to me, and he got what he was asking for. You draw more flies with honey, not vinegar. And this thread has turned about as sour as jar of grandma's famous dill pickles left out in the summer sun too long.

Old 10-18-2010, 05:11 PM

265 posts, read 329,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Once again drawing your own conclusion.I clearly stated I had opinions.If you felt different then dont just say what I say is not worthy to be heard as you clearly did.
Don't just brush it off by having opinions. Back up your opinions with some evidence. You failed to do that and clearly implied that if I couldn't disprove you, then that meant your opinions were justified. That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard of.

Quote:
Is this influence?Because BOA dominates?And as far as me saying none of course its not literal!Every city has some influence somewhere,but my point is if you claim to be a big city due to F-500 companies ,then clearly the city should also have the influence to back it up.Not to mention those other cities I mentioned.
Omaha has influence over Iowa if we really want to play this silly game!
Actually, Omaha DOES have influence over Iowa. And yes, BOA dominating does count as influence if you actually understand the history behind it. BOA (then NationsBank) and Wachovia (then First Union) gobbled up a good bit of the homegrown SC banks, just like they did in Atlanta. People from both Carolinas come to Charlotte for entertainment, shopping, special events, to fly out of Charlotte-Douglas, and on and on. It's just stupid to say that the largest city in the Carolinas has no influence within the region. And don't try and play it off by saying that you didn't mean it literally because you did.

Quote:
I asked you how does Charlotte exert influence and the only "smart" thing you could think of was the less than 15 year old Bobcats and the Panthers?LOL
Please stop it. I mentioned several things, including professional sports and you know that. What difference does it make how old the teams are? NONE. People still come to Charlotte from around the region to see them play, especially if a team with a particularly large fan base (Eagles, Cowboys, etc.--not the Falcons) comes to town.

Quote:
I was also talking about research in education.But could you please list some of those cities you speak of,because I don't know of any
Dallas is a prime example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta