Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2009, 07:43 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,374,173 times

Advertisements

I wanted to go but I had to work.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2009, 07:44 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,878,501 times
Let's put it this way - a few years back a friend of mine was in Phipps doing a construction remodeling job. As the crew were going up the elevator, Elton John was coming down the other side of it with his entourage. When they got to the top, basically the discussion amongst mall employees was how he had just bought some socks that cost over $100 per pair, and had bought "dozens" of pairs of them at one time, among other things.

People who wear $100+ socks most likely collect fancy art stuff, too. This is my conclusion. I don't think Celine Dion wears $100 socks. So she probably doesn't collect art.

Old 01-19-2009, 08:15 PM

1,120 posts, read 2,591,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
Let's put it this way - a few years back a friend of mine was in Phipps doing a construction remodeling job. As the crew were going up the elevator, Elton John was coming down the other side of it with his entourage. When they got to the top, basically the discussion amongst mall employees was how he had just bought some socks that cost over $100 per pair, and had bought "dozens" of pairs of them at one time, among other things.

People who wear $100+ socks most likely collect fancy art stuff, too. This is my conclusion. I don't think Celine Dion wears $100 socks. So she probably doesn't collect art.

Dion owns quite a few houses. Her Jupiter Florida house is around $15 million or so. Maybe she wears expensive socks there.

Her Vegas house is located in Lake Las Vegas. Las Vegas, house-wise, is in the pits--- especially Lake Las Vegas. Much of Lake Las Vegas has been hit-hard by bankruptcies. The Ritz-Carlton is in trouble. The lake will eventually disappear, and I guess the area was a former toxic dump. Maybe she wears $2.00 socks there.

Old 01-20-2009, 06:15 PM

1,050 posts, read 3,525,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zel Ya View Post
Dion owns quite a few houses. Her Jupiter Florida house is around $15 million or so. Maybe she wears expensive socks there.

Her Vegas house is located in Lake Las Vegas. Las Vegas, house-wise, is in the pits--- especially Lake Las Vegas. Much of Lake Las Vegas has been hit-hard by bankruptcies. The Ritz-Carlton is in trouble. The lake will eventually disappear, and I guess the area was a former toxic dump. Maybe she wears $2.00 socks there.

My husband was quite happy that she was not wearing any socks at all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta