Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 03:44 PM

239 posts, read 918,430 times

Advertisements

I often watch many people on this forum discuss the pros and cons of gun ownership. For all the pro-gun people... this video alone should get you pretty far in a debate. I can see the commercial now

Video - Breaking News Videos from CNN.com
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 03:50 PM

1,352 posts, read 4,359,184 times
Warzone........

Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM

826 posts, read 3,110,531 times
Omg.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:08 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,763,487 times
I wonder what the details are? It's not typical for a carload of guys to run up heavily armed like that and try to get into a random stranger's house. A house surrounded by security cameras.

I have to wonder if they knew the guy in the house, or if the guy in the house was someone known to keep cash or stuff in the house by employees, etc? In other words, someone who would stand out as a potential target more than the average person.

I do support a person's right to own a gun (with proper registration and training to use it), but I'm wondering if there's more to the story than has been let on via just a couple of minutes of video.

Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 AM

1,352 posts, read 4,359,184 times
With proper registation comes proper prohibition!

You are not originally from GA are you?

Old 02-12-2009, 08:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
I wonder what the details are? It's not typical for a carload of guys to run up heavily armed like that and try to get into a random stranger's house. A house surrounded by security cameras.

I have to wonder if they knew the guy in the house, or if the guy in the house was someone known to keep cash or stuff in the house by employees, etc? In other words, someone who would stand out as a potential target more than the average person.

I do support a person's right to own a gun (with proper registration and training to use it), but I'm wondering if there's more to the story than has been let on via just a couple of minutes of video.
You know I was thinking the same thing. These guys did seem to have some HEAVY artillary for a "random" home invasion. In any event they apparently bit off more than they were prepared to chew.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:45 AM

248 posts, read 645,897 times
The Tuscon Citizen is calling this a drug-related incident:
Deputies seek 4 men in connection with home invasion

That makes it sound (to me, anyway) like the homeowner was connected to the attackers via drug dealings, which would explain the need for two-camera, 24 hour surveillance. Also, a sedan with four people in it isn't a good getaway vehicle for, say, a stolen flat-screen TV and such. I'm guessing this is a drug war.

I think this would be a better commercial for an anti-drug use organization. When you buy illegal drugs, you fund knuckleheads like these guys. Stay off drugs and keep your streets safer.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:57 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,763,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by reet4587 View Post
The Tuscon Citizen is calling this a drug-related incident:
Deputies seek 4 men in connection with home invasion

That makes it sound (to me, anyway) like the homeowner was connected to the attackers via drug dealings, which would explain the need for two-camera, 24 hour surveillance. Also, a sedan with four people in it isn't a good getaway vehicle for, say, a stolen flat-screen TV and such. I'm guessing this is a drug war.
If this is true, it's too bad that they all just didn't wipe each other out, then. A victim is a victim. Drug wars in family neighborhoods? Um - no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cityrover View Post
With proper registation comes proper prohibition!
You are not originally from GA are you?
Yeehaw, we's from Jawja, so thu laws don't applies to us? Please.

You buy a gun. You register it. Period. It's the law with most firearms. If they start rounding up folks with guns, then go buy a "compound" in northern Montana and hole yourself up there. Until then, even if I'm from Mars, I'm not getting my butt locked up WITH those above mentioned drug dealers because I didn't register what I needed to.

I think folks need to drop the "No one's gonna tell me what to do" Rebel mentality here when it comes to guns. It's not illegal to buy them unless you're a felon, and considering so many I've met here seem to have 112 DUIs and still aren't felons yet, that means MOST people can buy guns. You register it. So what? Enough people own them that the entire Army could be put in place to collect them and it would take decades. Stop freaking out with the Big Brother excuse and go buy a gun. Just make sure you know how to use the thing and register it. geez.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reet4587 View Post
Also, a sedan with four people in it isn't a good getaway vehicle for, say, a stolen flat-screen TV and such. I'm guessing this is a drug war.
Point taken. I didn't think about that.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:22 AM

381 posts, read 504,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
You buy a gun. You register it. Period. It's the law with most firearms. ..... Just make sure you know how to use the thing and register it. geez.

gun registration is not required in georgia. but one needs to get a permit/license in their county.

-a|ex
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta