Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2009, 04:55 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reelist in Atlanta View Post
I disagree. The OP has clarified himself beyond belief. How can you still make a comment like this. The offenders were behaving in an uncivilized manner. Are you saying that you are ok with this kind of behaviour?
I'm saying I wouldn't have packed up and run away because of it...it was a case of someone acting inappropriately. It's a very common thing no matter where you live - people don't always act like I think they should in public, but that's part of life.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2009, 05:02 AM

1,718 posts, read 2,299,617 times
Default Well

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
I'm saying I wouldn't have packed up and run away because of it...it was a case of someone acting inappropriately. It's a very common thing no matter where you live - people don't always act like I think they should in public, but that's part of life.
I believe I referenced the brownhornets post and not anything that you posted. The OP is saying that it was not just this one incident. If you run into this kind of behaviour pretty much where ever you go it can get real old real quick. I think that was the OPs point.

- Reel

Old 02-22-2009, 05:47 AM

826 posts, read 3,121,210 times
Quote:
Thank you, LAB!
I have been on a couple Marta trains where the crowd fights back. Its very entertaining!!!

Old 02-22-2009, 09:52 AM

Quote:
I believe I referenced the brownhornets post and not anything that you posted. The OP is saying that it was not just this one incident. If you run into this kind of behaviour pretty much where ever you go it can get real old real quick. I think that was the OPs point.

- Reel
You didn't have to reference anything I posted for me to respond...when you post something here, it's open for anyone to read and reply.

Yes, the OP did say it wasn't just this one incident...but then never let us know what the other incidents were that led to his running away.

People don't always act the way we think they should...it IS that way, no matter where you live. The only options are to...stay home, away from inappropriate public behavior....or to ignore the behavior of strangers when it doesn't meet your standards....or to keep running away from it.

Old 02-22-2009, 12:35 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
I believe the OP summed it up quite nicely. Many people were behaving in an uncivilized manner. What if it was the 'dark' folks who were behaving in this manner? Then what would you say?

I don't understand your point. The OP would have been just as disgusted no matter the race of the offenders. If they were 'dark' it wasn't the fact that they were 'dark' that he objected to. It was their behaviour!

- Reel
I was talking about the lighting in the theatre/pageant hall...

Old 02-22-2009, 01:09 PM

3,573 posts, read 5,309,880 times
Quote:
People don't always act the way we think they should...it IS that way, no matter where you live. The only options are to...stay home, away from inappropriate public behavior....or to ignore the behavior of strangers when it doesn't meet your standards....or to keep running away from it.
That's the problem these days. No one is willing to fight for anything anymore. Everyone wants to have the world just handed to them on a silver platter. When the going gets tough, folks just take off.

What would have happen if the founding fathers of our country felt like that? What if Martin Luther King Jr. had felt like that?

Old 02-22-2009, 01:17 PM

2,390 posts, read 4,405,317 times
Quote:
You didn't have to reference anything I posted for me to respond...when you post something here, it's open for anyone to read and reply.

Yes, the OP did say it wasn't just this one incident...but then never let us know what the other incidents were that led to his running away.

Exactly. In other words he just backpeddled on his real point after I called him on it. Anyone that can't see it is just blind.

Old 02-23-2009, 01:23 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownhornet View Post
Exactly. In other words he just backpeddled on his real point after I called him on it. Anyone that can't see it is just blind.
I didnt back peddle on anything and I did give a very specific example of why I choose to leave Henry county in more than one post. I will repeat myself one last time for the cheap sheets

I was born and raised in Clayton county, ie. 1975 to 1999. I give you those dates as a point of reference. The Clayton county that I grew up in was a drastically different place to what it is today! Myself and everyone I knew saw first hand what happened to Clayton county when classless individuals move in. This experience alone has shown me what happens to an area when these types of folks move in because I lived through it! Now the same type of thing is going on in Henry county which is where most of my former neighbors in Clayton fleed too. Some may choose to stay and fight but me and my family lived thru the demise of Clayton, sorry but I am going thru that again! Most of those old neighbors I referenced that I have spoken too are planning on leaving for the exact same reasons that I just mentioned. The handwritting has been on the wall for quite some time in regards to Claytonification of Henry county!! That is why I proposed the my original comment. Can anything stop Henry county from turning into another Clayton county? In my opinion NO, nothing can stop what has already begun!

Old 02-23-2009, 01:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
I didnt back peddle on anything and I did give a very specific example of why I choose to leave Henry county in more than one post. I will repeat myself one last time for the cheap sheets

I was born and raised in Clayton county, ie. 1975 to 1999. I give you those dates as a point of reference. The Clayton county that I grew up in was a drastically different place to what it is today! Myself and everyone I knew saw first hand what happened to Clayton county when classless individuals move in. This experience alone has shown me what happens to an area when these types of folks move in because I lived through it! Now the same type of thing is going on in Henry county which is where most of my former neighbors in Clayton fleed too. Some may choose to stay and fight but me and my family lived thru the demise of Clayton, sorry but I am going thru that again! Most of those old neighbors I referenced that I have spoken too are planning on leaving for the exact same reasons that I just mentioned. The handwritting has been on the wall for quite some time in regards to Claytonification of Henry county!! That is why I proposed the my original comment. Can anything stop Henry county from turning into another Clayton county? In my opinion NO, nothing can stop what has already begun!
Yes...something can be done. The current and long-time residents can stay and continue living in Henry County, rather than abandon it like they did with Clayton County. If a few undesirables move in and cause current residents to pack up and leave, it just makes more room for and attracts more undesirables...and they eventually become the majority. If current residents stay put, they continue to be the majority.

Old 02-23-2009, 02:24 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,423,704 times
Quote:
Yes...something can be done. The current and long-time residents can stay and continue living in Henry County, rather than abandon it like they did with Clayton County. If a few undesirables move in and cause current residents to pack up and leave, it just makes more room for and attracts more undesirables...and they eventually become the majority. If current residents stay put, they continue to be the majority.
Thank you. Well said. Unfortunately it's a reality many cant seem to understand. Sad thing is that those who complain are also nomadic themselves, so they leave for other reasons sometimes, then blaming the few 'bad' seeds that move into their neighborhoods. They think if they leave and maybe come back, things may be the same. They grow dispointed when they see the reality.

Sometimes these areas decline because of racism alone. They see one family that moves in, that may not resemble them and they move. The sad thing is that, the same family that moved in may want the same for their kids (a good school, a safe area and so forth). Now the few that have a problem with people that dont look like them living among them, leave....Then the area loses value, some 'real unwanted' elements move in, then decline........The sad thing is that the cycle revolves through time, and all over. When will they learn? Obviously never .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta