Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2009, 05:57 PM

3 posts, read 5,281 times

Advertisements

I am a young male, looking to move with my girlfriend soon. We have been looking at a lot of homes over the past few months, and have found many we really like. However, most of the neighborhoods we've looked at have been predominately black. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do not want to live in a predominately black neighborhood. Does anyone have suggestions of a neighborhood predominately white? And with a good school system? Or is there any known website that does race ratios in areas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2009, 06:29 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,187,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxxmichael View Post
Does anyone have suggestions of a neighborhood predominately white? And with a good school system?
Here are a few, although I would submit to you that color shouldn't be the criterion but rather economic status, but I respect your right to choose your neighbors.

East Cobb, Kennesaw, Alpharetta, Cherokee County, Forsyth County, North Gwinnett County, Newnan, Peachtree City, Dunwoody

Old 02-18-2009, 06:59 PM

85 posts, read 285,195 times
movoto dot com is a real estate website that provides pie charts with it's listings showing:

crime statistics
population by education level
population by income
population by race

A good way to go is to find neighborhoods that are demographically evenly split as possible.

[I am not affiliated in any way with movoto]

Old 02-19-2009, 06:41 AM

487 posts, read 1,815,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KE111691 View Post
Why don't you want to live in a black neighbornood, but in a white neighborhood? What's the difference! There is still a color barrer! I am BLACK, and I don't go for that because there is so much bad things that the media have about Blacks! If you are Black, you need to live within a neighborhood that has a mixture of race!!!!!!!!!!!
Calm down, people have the right to choose where they live. I am also black, but dont take offense when people say they dont want to live in our neighborhoods. Most of it is ignorance and as you said (the media). I wish people would see everyone as individuals instead of grouping all as one.

Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 AM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
I think it goes without saying at this point that the original post is a legit question (whether it's liked by some or not), and this person has a right to ask for this information just the same as those who come in here regularly and ask for predominately black, jewish, asian, etc etc etc neighborhoods in which to live.

Any inflammatory comments or attacks will be deleted and infraction points given to anyone violating the terms of service for the site. Answer the poster's inquiry, or - not. It's not a debate thread.

Thank you.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:39 AM

3,478 posts, read 7,252,923 times
Where are you going to work? Please tell me you have a job already. That should be your first concern. Then, try to find somewhere around that area. Don't say your job is in Duluth and you want to live in Newnan. It's not happening.

Old 02-19-2009, 11:54 AM

2,685 posts, read 6,421,605 times
Quote:
I am a young male, looking to move with my girlfriend soon. We have been looking at a lot of homes over the past few months, and have found many we really like. However, most of the neighborhoods we've looked at have been predominately black. I don't mean to offend anyone, but I do not want to live in a predominately black neighborhood. Does anyone have suggestions of a neighborhood predominately white? And with a good school system? Or is there any known website that does race ratios in areas?

Im curious, what is the budget/prices for the homes you were looking at? Were they in good areas? What areas were they in? Just curious. Thanks.

Old 02-19-2009, 12:24 PM

1,748 posts, read 5,524,076 times
Quote:
Michael you can look at Greatschools.net when you find a home you like and you can look at the breakdown of students in the school that serves the area. It will give you a ratio...White Black Hispanic Asian...students who attend it and will give you a good idea of the makeup of the community. Also it can help you with school systems as well.

Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 PM

3 posts, read 5,281 times
Thanks for the site referrals. I live in McDonough right now, and have been looking around this area. I also work in McDonough, so I'd like to stay within this area. I have checked out Locust Grove also. I just don't want to be out in the sticks and need easy access to the interstate. I am going to check out Peachtree City, I had forgotten about it...

Old 02-19-2009, 06:19 PM

1,755 posts, read 5,680,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantagreg30127 View Post
I think it goes without saying at this point that the original post is a legit question (whether it's liked by some or not), and this person has a right to ask for this information just the same as those who come in here regularly and ask for predominately black, jewish, asian, etc etc etc neighborhoods in which to live.

Any inflammatory comments or attacks will be deleted and infraction points given to anyone violating the terms of service for the site. Answer the poster's inquiry, or - not. It's not a debate thread.

Thank you.
Wow, you support this? Thats f'n Amazing! Maybe I won't get kicked off of here after all?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta