Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 04:20 PM

45 posts, read 216,380 times

Advertisements

You have to keep in mind that when they are rating the public schools in GA, they are talking about EVERY school in the state. We have some very rural areas were the schools are definitely below par in resources, professionals working in the schools, lower socioeconmic status, etc.

Many of the Gwinnett schools are VERY high caliber (and on the flip side, there are some southern Gwinnett schools that are not the best).

You have to keep in mind all these things when making a blanket statement about ALL of the schools in the state of GA. There are excelllent schools and there are some that are not real excellent. A better way to compare schools is to look at inidividual districts and not states as a whole.

And at the same time, you can't make a blanket statement that all PRIVATE schools are better than public- its just simply not true. Some are and some aren't- and its not solely dependent on the tution.

Having worked in both private and public schools, I have learned the such blanket statements can not be made. But I can say the pay and the resources offered to me as an educator has always been better in public in my own experience- but that's just my experience! I am sure that is not the case for everybody!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2009, 04:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,834 times
Check out Arlington Christian School. They have tuition assitance. I graduated there and my son now attends. It is a really good school. It is located in Fairburn. Check out the web site.

Old 05-09-2009, 04:48 PM

235 posts, read 838,209 times
I know this thread is old, but such questions do come up from time to time.
Also for new comers to city-data, there is a Schools Thread at top of the Atlanta Forum. I highly recommend going through that as well for common questions you might have.

One thing to keep in mind with Christian-based private schools in Atlanta metro area is the accreditation; check all of the school's accreditations out very carefully before considering the school. If you plan to send your child to a public high school later and you have had your child enrolled in a non-accredited private Christian school for a while, and depending on many factors, your child might possibly have trouble with the credits for math or science courses.

The Christian schools least likely to have SACS are small schools that end in their grades at the elementary level. The accreditation that most counts is SACS (the very accreditation that Clayton County Public Schools lost in 2008 [and regained just recently and remain on probation]).

Old 02-20-2010, 11:18 AM

1 posts, read 2,344 times
Try Providence Christian Academy in Lilburn. Many families from Norcross go there. It is a great school, the tuition reasonable, they have some assistance programs.

Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM

1 posts, read 1,679 times
Check out King's Way Classical Academy, an online classical Christian school for just $500 annual tuition. You can pay as little as $50 per month for 10 months. Students meet online twice a week for each course with qualified instructors, two of which are doctorate level. It's not too late to enroll for the current school year. King's Way Classical Academy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta