U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2009, 09:31 PM

1 posts, read 1,975 times

Advertisements

I have desired to move to Atlanta for several years from Arkansas. I kept talking myself out of it because of my children. I would like to know what areas are the best, safe, and most affordable for a single mother raising her family. Any other tips would also be appreciated. I will be visiting the city in April and would like to develop an action plan in order to visit the appropriate areas, look for employment, and a residence. I would love to rent to own a home. Also I am a makeup artist, but until that becomes consistent I will have to utilize my degree in Business. If anyone has any tips for employment opportunities that would be wonderful as well. This will be my first time living in any other state. I just feel that I cannot live in fear anymore and I need to see what the world has to offer. I truly feel that I can be successful in Atlanta. Please let me know anything that is helpful in regards to relocating.

Thanks,
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2009, 09:38 PM

9,191 posts, read 31,995,998 times
You should take some time to do searches in the room as there are a lot of "single mothers moving to Atlanta" topics throughout the last few months. They should provide you with some insight, first of all.

Your best advice is to spend time here before any more. Secure a job BEFORE a permanent move here, then, find a place that's near the job to live (due to our traffic). Atlanta is just as humbled by the recession now as any other city, so moving here with kids without any work set up is a recipe for disaster right now.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: