Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-01-2009, 10:06 AM

1,176 posts, read 2,677,351 times

Advertisements

I believe in people's right to post without being attacked - but let's get this straight: you've been here for 5 days and your crummy friends and family are in hiding because they have said they have things that they don't and this has something to do with Atlanta. Please don't be offended but your logic is idiotic.

Old 03-01-2009, 11:32 AM

750 posts, read 2,270,620 times
It's not the black mecca or the white mecca it's just a city. Have you tried the Varsity yet?

Old 03-01-2009, 11:51 AM

305 posts, read 1,001,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I am not a troll, so I hope I am not prevented from posting here. I need to hear from others before I leave here to know what your opinions are. I would like to introduce myself I am from Miami, Florida and now live in Dallas, TX. I would like to say I been in Atlanta for the first time for 5 days now. I know every place has their "bark but no bite" but Atlanta has it very bad, and Im going to tell you why...

First off, I have attempted to meet several people here (relatives and business associates) who have claimed to have riches and fame going on and not only have they fell short of proving it...they've also been out of sight, out of mind...out of dodge! Where's that big house you wanted to show me? Where's the money? Oh you dont have it?

Atlanta is a nice city. I like the downtown. I can say its better looking than Miami and possibly Dallas. I love the fact that the tech college has students who live nearby and actually looks like a great place to live. But...

These people are total bluffs. They puff and act, but they lack it. Whats up wth this place? Every person I've spoken to all this time has acted as if they had this and that, and would do this and that....yet when I get here, they scram. They have beaten around the bush about the stuff they claim to have once I finally showed up!

There's no need to be like that, be real, Im not asking for the world, just to see you, and connect thats all I ask...not some fake who acts like they own the place because eventually Im going to come to your city and I want you to show me that. And I'm not afraid to point them out to others and invariably embarrasse them!

I am going to be screamed on for this but I dont care

I cant figure out if maybe you planned on moving here or not, but I will tell ya this much, I have notice the same thing about individuals here.
Several people I have reached out to meet and I have received the same response, not only that, but I have been also advised by other that are from my part of the state, that I should be careful because people can be very misleading here, and it is true from my experiences. I have just choose to look else where and keep to myself while I am here if something new surfaces then that will be great while I am here. Just my comment, to let you know no it is not you

Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,373,671 times
Before I close this thread down can someone explain the reasoning?
If not, a lock will be coming soon

Old 03-01-2009, 02:51 PM

750 posts, read 2,270,620 times
deleted by me

Last edited by JasonPaul; 03-01-2009 at 02:52 PM.. Reason: whatever

Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 PM

323 posts, read 1,155,568 times
Do us all a favor

Old 03-01-2009, 03:11 PM

184 posts, read 509,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IMISSNY View Post
I have just choose to look else where and keep to myself while I am here if something new surfaces then that will be great while I am here.
Ah-ha! I think I figured it out. Look at this post along with the OP. What do they have in common? Poor grammar. If you come to Atlanta speaking like this then chances are people are not going to want to hang out with you. You should "chose to look else where"

Old 03-01-2009, 03:47 PM

2,848 posts, read 6,414,745 times
Quote:

I cant figure out if maybe you planned on moving here or not, but I will tell ya this much, I have notice the same thing about individuals here.
Several people I have reached out to meet and I have received the same response, not only that, but I have been also advised by other that are from my part of the state, that I should be careful because people can be very misleading here, and it is true from my experiences. I have just choose to look else where and keep to myself while I am here if something new surfaces then that will be great while I am here. Just my comment, to let you know no it is not you
To IMISS and the OP. There's plenty of money made by plenty of people in Atlanta. You don't have to take my word for it this is a statistically backed up fact. Now if the people you talk to say they have money and don't then the problem is with those people not the city of Atlanta.

Old 03-01-2009, 06:12 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,718,878 times
Honestly, this thread seem pointless. You don't need to be calling Atlanta out, you ought to be calling your own family out. Trust me, nobody in Atlanta elected them as representatives for our city. What you have said about your family in Atlanta, i can say the same about my family in Chicago, Miami and LA. Does that speak for the people of the city of Chicago, Miami or LA? Not at all... This is pointless...

Old 03-01-2009, 08:04 PM

2,685 posts, read 6,402,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
Honestly, this thread seem pointless. You don't need to be calling Atlanta out, you ought to be calling your own family out. Trust me, nobody in Atlanta elected them as representatives for our city. What you have said about your family in Atlanta, i can say the same about my family in Chicago, Miami and LA. Does that speak for the people of the city of Chicago, Miami or LA? Not at all... This is pointless...
Thank you...It is pointless and funny (in a pathetic way).

Quote:

You and the OP should be friends and compare stories. I am ROFLMAO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdkb View Post
I believe in people's right to post without being attacked - but let's get this straight: you've been here for 5 days and your crummy friends and family are in hiding because they have said they have things that they don't and this has something to do with Atlanta. Please don't be offended but your logic is idiotic.
Thanks again. The answers all make sense. Deal with your friends and family, not Atlanta.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotWire View Post
I am not a troll, so I hope I am not prevented from posting here. I need to hear from others before I leave here to know what your opinions are. I would like to introduce myself I am from Miami, Florida and now live in Dallas, TX. I would like to say I been in Atlanta for the first time for 5 days now. I know every place has their "bark but no bite" but Atlanta has it very bad, and Im going to tell you why...

First off, I have attempted to meet several people here (relatives and business associates) who have claimed to have riches and fame going on and not only have they fell short of proving it...they've also been out of sight, out of mind...out of dodge! Where's that big house you wanted to show me? Where's the money? Oh you dont have it?

Atlanta is a nice city. I like the downtown. I can say its better looking than Miami and possibly Dallas. I love the fact that the tech college has students who live nearby and actually looks like a great place to live. But...

These people are total bluffs. They puff and act, but they lack it. Whats up wth this place? Every person I've spoken to all this time has acted as if they had this and that, and would do this and that....yet when I get here, they scram. They have beaten around the bush about the stuff they claim to have once I finally showed up!

There's no need to be like that, be real, Im not asking for the world, just to see you, and connect thats all I ask...not some fake who acts like they own the place because eventually Im going to come to your city and I want you to show me that. And I'm not afraid to point them out to others and invariably embarrasse them!
That's all over. You lived in Miami, and that place is probably known for that type of broke people 'flossing' what they do not own, or cannot afford. You should be used to it. Nothing new, but why waste your time taking notes on who has what, and who does not? It's a pathetic mindset at best. Change the way you live and think, if possible. You should care less about who owns what. Whether they own it or not, is irrelevant. Who wants friends like that? Birds of a feather flock together....Tell me who your friends are....(you know the rest). If you plan on living in Atlanta, try making new friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by billl View Post
Maybe you need to choose better friends and find a new family.
Thank you. Amen!! But seemingly, the sad thing is that the OP is probably the same. They deserve each other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by J2rescue View Post
Ummm shouldn't you be having this conversation with your relatives and business associates instead of the rest of the Atlanta metro?
Remember, none of them responded to his calls. He cant get in touch with them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Blame your ills on the individual people...not the city in which they live. There are those types in every city - you do know that, right?

He should already know. We shouldn't be teaching him/her that.

Looks like another pointless thread...
Pointless, shallow, but funny. The responses say it all..

Quote:
Originally Posted by straightfromatown View Post
I would suggest two possibilities:

1. You have selected poor friends who misrepresented their wealth. Have you encountered this with friends in other cities?
2. Maybe they are rich and important and are too busy out making money to be spending time with you.

You get a lot more for your money in Atlanta when compared to other major cities. The problem is not with the city, it is with you and your friends.
Dont tell him/her that. From my impression, none of them are rich. They all want to show what they dont have. Let them outdo each other till they go broke...I mean broker. Every society and city has these types. They're also the ones in greater financial limbo buying houses and cars they could not afford. They'll never learn. Let them embarrass themselves. Let's have a good laugh at their expense.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Divine Shadow View Post
wow, so you came up to see if they were wealthy? not even concerned if they still have a job or in need of help? it's better to come invited than trying to be impressed.

if you want fake, just look in the mirror... a true friend wouldn't care about one's finances.

-a|ex
In a few words, well said. Look at my reply above. They'll learn, or will they really?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: