Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-03-2009, 09:23 PM

58 posts, read 269,814 times

Advertisements

Are these a good idea? Do you find you go frequently and the parks are well maintained? Are there a lot of "thugs" or wild teenagers milling about? I am curious if I could take my 2 small toddlers by myself.
Also, the parking seems high - $10 for WW and $15 for Six Flags, this seems a little high. Any advice/recommendations are appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 10:46 PM

86 posts, read 497,575 times
They're a great idea if you go multiple times a year. It's up to you to make them worth it. If you go twice it's paid for itself. I usually get season passes to Six flags and go about 5 times. One word of advice though, unless you like sitting in 2 hour lines to ride a 20 second ride, go during the week. I REFUSE to ever go to Six flags on a weekend ever again!

As for parking, everything at an amusement park is high. Hell, a bottled water is $3-4 inside the park and you gotta pay $15 for some chicken fingers and fries!

Old 03-03-2009, 11:32 PM

184 posts, read 511,086 times
I get a pass every year, for $50 it is a great deal. Parking is way overpriced (even Disney is like half the price) but they have season parking passes as well that pay for themselves if you go more than twice. Security has really improved since years past, but there are still a lot of teens who frequent the park- generally in the later hours. If you go early or late in the season you usually don't encounter long lines, and even during the summer they can be avoided if you get to the park early. Saturdays are always the busiest days. Sunday mornings tend to be pretty empty as a lot of people don't go until after church. I haven't been to White water in a long while but it is a lot of fun if you have children of the right age.

Old 03-04-2009, 11:56 AM

247 posts, read 1,289,947 times
I don't know if I would take 2 toddlers by myself. It's just that it can get REALLY busy, especially at Whitewater. And if you don't keep your eyes glued to them the entire time, they could get hurt, lost, or worse. You wouldn't be able to have a good time. If you could go with another friend, that might be better for you. Also, Six Flags doesn't have much to do for little ones, other than a few really lame rides. I'm not sure you want a season pass to keep doing those over and over again. I wouldn't buy any season passes unless you go to each place once and decide if it's worth it.

Old 03-04-2009, 12:33 PM
JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,289,438 times
The thugs that hang out at Six Flags and white Water probably aren't going to be hanging out by the kiddie rides.

Other posters are right, there isn't much for a toddler at either of those places.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:56 PM

12 posts, read 37,700 times
The locker rentals at White Water are $12 so you know. This will be needed, unless you decide to wear your bathing suit inside, and plan on holding all your belongings. I find the locker cost to be outrageous.

I've had both season passes. I went to Six Flags around ten times and White Water around five times.

Old 03-12-2009, 08:08 PM

9,191 posts, read 33,874,752 times
I've seen maybe at least two articles floating around online where they're predicting Six Flags to be one of the places that go under this year. Apparently even their best parks have been operating in the complete red for some time, and Atlanta's isn't in the top 3 in terms of attendance, either. So I'm not sure what season passes are going for now, but my guess is if you buy one and they file for Chapter 7, no refunds will be given, either.

Of course, they could hang on a while, too. The predictions of what companies will or will not still be here in a year is spotty.

Old 09-17-2009, 06:46 PM

3 posts, read 22,753 times
I avoid the locker rental at White Water by useing my season pass to get in and then get my hand stamped and go back to my car. I put my wallet in my trunk and carry my bag with my bathing suit back inside to change into. While in swiming I leave the bag with my cloths by the side of the pool with a key to my car in my tennis shoes. I hold an extra key to my car in my hand while I am in swimming. Ronald Emerson

Old 09-17-2009, 06:51 PM

I bought a season pass to White Water for 2010 Sunday for $49.99 which is a $10 discount off the price this year and next year there may be a price increase. I put it on my credit card so if White Water is not open next year I can get my money back from my credit card company. Ronald Emerson.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:17 PM

I buy a season pass to Six Flags White Water every year and like it.You can buy a season parking pass for $30. I keep my wallet in my car trunk instead of renting a locker. Your family will be safe there. Ronald Emerson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of: