Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2009, 04:02 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvez View Post
What has been constructive about the previous posts? Nothing I saw. Mostly bashing white people for not wanting to live in majority black areas. Why should white people want to live around black people? I can't think of any advantages, but lots of disadvantages. And I stand by my post that I would be robbed within two months of moving into southwest Atlanta. Heck, the guys from the Fourth-ward had me on a rotating three-month schedule for breaking into my car, and I live in a nice intown neighborhood. Sorry, but black males are responsible for the vast majority of violent crime and burglaries in the City of Atlanta and till that is addressed by the black community they should expect prejudice from white people.
Interesting. This is what I mean by reputation. Certain races are very well connected to certain things. It does not mean that all black people are criminals, it just means a lot of criminals are black....giving the black male the reputation. What race has a reputation for selling hair weave? What race is known for illegally entering the country? What race is the majority in prisons? What race is known for being intolerant of the other 3 races? We know the answers to these questions, so what do we do? Nothing..just know that we all will be judged by our race first and foremost.

Here is an experiment. Ask a group of cashiers, waitresses, taxi drivers, customer service reps what race they would rather have to deal with and which race they hate to deal with. The answers would be very interesting.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:19 PM

1,104 posts, read 1,522,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psykomonkee View Post
My observation: A white kid in a black school that starts to act with an influence from hip hop may get some "who do you think you are's" here and there, but for the most part, he's viewed as a real cool "white boy." Then a black kid in a white school that starts to act "white" (whatever that means) by talking proper and dressing casual gets outcasted by both whites and blacks.
I have to disagree. Money creates snobs, and there are many black snobs in Atlanta. This city is full of "Carlton Banks" clones....I think a black dude that acts like that would do just fine in that situation.

Old 03-09-2009, 04:40 PM

2,061 posts, read 3,737,566 times
Quote:
Sorry, but black males are responsible for the vast majority of violent crime and burglaries in the City of Atlanta and till that is addressed by the black community they should expect prejudice from white people.
Lol... That's really one of the most dumbest and ignorant things I've heard on here... Honestly. It's just bitterness because you've been a victim. That's like saying:
Sorry, but white males are responsible for the vast majority of hate crimes and racial injustices in America over the years and till that is addresses by the white community they should EXPECT PREJUDICE? from black people???
That's just stupid...

With that sort of simpleton logic, you can't be upset at the Nation of Islam for what they say against white people... You can't be mad with Black Israelites for calling every white guy that passes a "white devil"

That's ignorance at it's finest people... Turn your faces in shame...

Boo freak'n hoo... Stop being a victim... So you've been attacked by black people... Start being smarter. Thugs go after (dumb) easy targets... I've been that easy target myself, except it was Mexicans that got me. And not to mention, I've been jumped by white boys in Los Angeles, and neither was because of race. It was cause I made myself an easy targer... I don't dislike Whites because of it. I don't dislike Blacks, and I don't dislike Mexicans either...

Old 03-09-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolyfett View Post
I have to disagree. Money creates snobs, and there are many black snobs in Atlanta. This city is full of "Carlton Banks" clones....I think a black dude that acts like that would do just fine in that situation.
There most certainly ARE a lot of black snobs in Atlanta... But you know what? No matter how much money they have, how nice they dress, how proper they talk, how educated they are, to some people (like elvez) they will always still be just another "n@@@a." That's my point. Because when that Carlton Banks clone goes walking down Paces Ferry with his black sweat suit on (because he's out jogging), elvez wife is going to clutch her purse closer to her because she's going to assume he's going to mug her even though he's richer than she is...

By the way, I'm not black if you are wondering... I do have black IN me, but I don't identify as black.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:26 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
Very interesting! Now Claytons poverty levels seems to be pretty high in comparison yet Spalding has a much higher percentage. Now I know Spalding/Griffin is a good ways out but it makes me wonder why a county with a much higher poverty level than Clayton is NEVER in the news or on the TV the way that Clayton is. Not to say that Spalding doesnt have their problems but NO county in this state has the nonsense going on it that Clayton does.

It would be nice if we could put our fingers on the cause of it but that would be like predicting our own demise. LOL
Hall and Coweta are on Clayton's level of poverty too...Clayton's poverty is much lower than I expected from all of the negative talk and press it gets. Frankly, I don't see the 6-7% difference between Clayton and Forsyth/Cherokee/Fayette making it a much different place to live.

88% of Clayton residents are not living in poverty, as compared to 94% of Forsyth residents. It's a difference, but not much of one and not nearly the disparity one might expect...and also keeping in mind that Clayton's residents living in poverty is 2% lower than the state of Georgia.

Old 03-09-2009, 05:37 PM

7,845 posts, read 20,810,197 times
Quote:
There most certainly ARE a lot of black snobs in Atlanta... But you know what? No matter how much money they have, how nice they dress, how proper they talk, how educated they are, to some people (like elvez) they will always still be just another "n@@@a." That's my point. Because when that Carlton Banks clone goes walking down Paces Ferry with his black sweat suit on (because he's out jogging), elvez wife is going to clutch her purse closer to her because she's going to assume he's going to mug her even though he's richer than she is...

By the way, I'm not black if you are wondering... I do have black IN me, but I don't identify as black.
I really think that a small percentage of people are suspicious or afraid of strangers on the street because of color...the majority of people in a big city are simply alert to the possiblity of mugging, purse-grabbing, pickpocketing, and other crimes that happen every day. Criminals don't usually (or don't always) dress like they are homeless...they dress decent and fit in with everyone else.

I'm suspicious of anyone nearby when I'm alone and there aren't many people around - not that I act ridiculous and crazy, but I try to stay alert to anyone who COULD do me some harm. Color has no bearing on the situation...so if that clutches her purse tightly because she notices the guy in the black sweatsuit coming toward her, it might be because he's black and it might be because someone has stolen her purse in the past in a similar situation or it might be because she saw a special on t.v. about safety precautions in the big city - or it might be because of any number of other reasons. We can't assume that it's because of racial prejudice.

Old 03-09-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
We can't assume that it's because of racial prejudice.
True, true....

Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt6974a View Post
Well, I graduated from NC in 1996 and am familiar with McEachern as well. The 'Whites' haven't moved out, everyone has moved in.

My graduating class was 320+ in 1996 from NCHS, my sisters was 600+ in 2000, and my other sisters was 700+ in 2001.

Seems like massive addition and not subtraction to me
I think what you about the NCHS area is true...I spent a lot of time in the NCHS area last year...I was amazed by the number of townhomes and apartments that were added to the area. Whites haven't been leaving...there still there in force...along with everyone else.

When Legacy Park was started...it was like in the middle of nowhere!

Old 03-09-2009, 07:03 PM

281 posts, read 617,418 times
Quote:

Too bad that lady selling her Midtown condo wasn't a little more suspicious of that Carlton Banks clone who acted like he was interested in buying her condo. He stuffed her body in a closet and then showed up at a party with her engagement ring and a bottle of champagne that same night. I work with lots of great African-Americans, but sadly, if an unknown black male approaches me on the streets I am going to be suspicious of him. If an unknown Japanese guy approaches me, then not so much. Is that racist or just being smart based on statistics? Stereotypes are based on truth for the most part, but not completely. Right or wrong, white people are afraid of young, black males.

Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times
Quote:
Too bad that lady selling her Midtown condo wasn't a little more suspicious of that Carlton Banks clone who acted like he was interested in buying her condo. He stuffed her body in a closet and then showed up at a party with her engagement ring and a bottle of champagne that same night. I work with lots of great African-Americans, but sadly, if an unknown black male approaches me on the streets I am going to be suspicious of him. If an unknown Japanese guy approaches me, then not so much. Is that racist or just being smart based on statistics? Stereotypes are based on truth for the most part, but not completely. Right or wrong, white people are afraid of young, black males.

It would be exquisite to see elvez taunted by black males on a daily basis until the end of his days.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta