Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-11-2009, 01:15 PM
 
Location: Adamsville, TN
105 posts, read 519,560 times
Reputation: 33

Advertisements

I was told there was an area on Buford Highway that was full of wholesale stores.

Can anyone give me info on this?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-11-2009, 01:43 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 6,224,424 times
Reputation: 1315
Yes there are, but what type of wholesale store are you looking for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 02:23 PM
 
Location: Adamsville, TN
105 posts, read 519,560 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
Yes there are, but what type of wholesale store are you looking for?
Stores to buy things to sell at flea markets.

What area should I look in?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 03:59 PM
 
2,531 posts, read 6,224,424 times
Reputation: 1315
To buy what type of things? There are different types of wholesale businesses in the area. Some sell jewelry, some sell furniture, it depends. You'll have to have some more specifics in order to get a well-informed answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 05:45 PM
 
Location: Adamsville, TN
105 posts, read 519,560 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
To buy what type of things? There are different types of wholesale businesses in the area. Some sell jewelry, some sell furniture, it depends. You'll have to have some more specifics in order to get a well-informed answer.

Okay, sorry. I just thought they were all up and down that highway. I am looking for smaller things, such as jewelry, etc.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
 
8,862 posts, read 17,402,130 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Okay, sorry. I just thought they were all up and down that highway. I am looking for smaller things, such as jewelry, etc.....
At the moment I can't think of the name of the shop--- but if you are traveling North on Buford Hwy there is a shop on the left (before you get to the street with the Doraville library/town hall) which sells accessories 'below cost'.

Once I was told that there is a wholesale store for jewelry/accessories in Pinetree Plaza or near there--which is South of the first store I mentioned. You would need a business license to shop there.

There are a number of small shops in the Doraville area that may have the sort of things you need.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-12-2009, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Adamsville, TN
105 posts, read 519,560 times
Reputation: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by TakeAhike View Post
At the moment I can't think of the name of the shop--- but if you are traveling North on Buford Hwy there is a shop on the left (before you get to the street with the Doraville library/town hall) which sells accessories 'below cost'.

Once I was told that there is a wholesale store for jewelry/accessories in Pinetree Plaza or near there--which is South of the first store I mentioned. You would need a business license to shop there.

There are a number of small shops in the Doraville area that may have the sort of things you need.
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-13-2009, 09:45 AM
 
Location: Dacula, Ga
86 posts, read 496,115 times
Reputation: 80
Yea. Just start looking for the area where nothing is written in English anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 12:28 PM
 
Location: "The Sunshine State"
4,334 posts, read 13,622,829 times
Reputation: 3063
Where exactly is Buford? I saw a beautiful home for sale in Buford on the Today Show a few weeks ago. Does anyone have any pics of Buford? Is there a downtown area? Things to do? Near Atlanta?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-20-2009, 12:34 PM
 
8,862 posts, read 17,402,130 times
Reputation: 2280
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzgrl View Post
Where exactly is Buford? I saw a beautiful home for sale in Buford on the Today Show a few weeks ago. Does anyone have any pics of Buford? Is there a downtown area? Things to do? Near Atlanta?

Buford, GA is about 40 miles north of Atlanta--give or take a few miles.

Buford Highway starts/ends around the DeKalb/Fulton County limits south of North Druid Hills Rd. I think the OP wanted to know about the part of Buford Hwy around Doraville--about 5 miles north of NDHills.

Buford, GA has a historic downtown area and a nice suburban area around it which is growing.

City of Buford - Home Page
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top