Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 10:06 AM

642 posts, read 2,219,374 times

Advertisements

You might want to also consider renting in the Lithia Springs area. I didn't realize it until I moved here about 3 weeks ago(also from Jersey) but it's a pretty straight shot to the airport right down Thornton Road which turns into Camp Creek Parkway. Lot's of reasonably priced apts in the area as well if you want to rent until you decide where you want to settle long term. We got our 2 bed 2 bath for $745 or more than $200 less than what we were paying for 1 and 1 back home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2007, 06:38 AM

201 posts, read 1,012,913 times
I just moved to the Atlanta area from South Jersey, (Southampton/Vincentown). You will be fine, I moved to Cumming and that is too far for your commute. You are gonna miss WaWa, the bank hours, good rolls....I could go on. ) Good Luck!

Old 06-28-2009, 06:34 PM

7 posts, read 13,657 times
East Cobb is a good call. Walton, Lassiter and Pope are very good but so are Wheeler and Sprayberry. I've heard that a new law taking effect July 1st would allow you to send your child to any Cobb School so long as there is an opening and you provide transportation.
These guys - removed - have a neighborhood near I-75 just off of Sandy Plains Rd. They are architect/builders offering to create a custom house design for each homebuyers in the ten-lot neighborhood. They are in your price range and you may want to check them out.

Last edited by atlantagreg30127; 05-30-2012 at 11:07 PM..

Old 05-30-2012, 05:00 AM

5 posts, read 10,015 times
Default Peachtree City...stay away from Buford

Hi,
I have lived in Atlanta all of my 40 years and know this city very well. Your realtor is telling you Buford is a good location? That will give you at a hour and half commute each way. Not good at all. Buford is a great area but I assume you want to have some life outside of work and your commute. My Dad was a Delta airlines pilot so I know a little about the areas airport employees work. The very best place to live close to the Airport is Peachtree City. Yes..there is a bit of a commute depending on your hours. Try and do a 7am to 4pm and you will save yourself some valuable time outside the car. Peachtree City is a quaint little area. It is a big golf course community and many people get around on their golf carts. All the business signs must be no higher than a certain amount from the ground. So you will not see a huge McDonalds sign in the air. Schools are great and it is a very safe area. This is what I would advise to you. Feel free to email me if you have any other questions. Welcome to the South! You will love love love it here. Sell your snow boots...you won't need them here!

Allison

Old 05-30-2012, 10:27 PM

17,475 posts, read 66,054,754 times
This thread is 5yrs old-
I'm sure the OP is here somewhere already, or never came to begin with!
Besides, the pizza is better in Jersey!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta