Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2010, 12:21 PM

16,701 posts, read 29,526,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Sorry...my daughter and son go to KMHS, and I've done the research. Hillgrove is a good school, but not as good as KMHS.

For that matter, Kell isn't so hot either. Wheeler and Sprayberry have better reputations due to the perception that they're "east Cobb schools" but when you look at the specifics, KMHS is on a par. North Cobb is a level below in my opinion.

And Kell is really good--East Cobb convenience (well, half the district), but not the hyper-competiveness and higher prices found further east.

We don't have to put down other schools to bring ours up.

Kennesaw Mountain, Harrison, Hillgrove, and Allatoona form a wonderful and stellar collection of "West Cobb schools."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2010, 09:21 PM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries4118 View Post
We don't have to put down other schools to bring ours up.
Not "putting down" anyone or anything. You can research the scores and the schools. I don't take offense to people who correctly state that Walton or Harrison is a better school than KMHS. Please don't take offense to my comments.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neil0311 View Post
Not "putting down" anyone or anything. You can research the scores and the schools. I don't take offense to people who correctly state that Walton or Harrison is a better school than KMHS. Please don't take offense to my comments.
Offense to your comments???

Uh no, my brother--just clarifying misinformation and informing someone who took offense (and semi-hijacked a thread) because the high school of their son and daughter wasn't "starred" on a list of schools for another poster.

Last edited by aries4118; 05-23-2010 at 11:33 PM..

Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 AM

1 posts, read 2,736 times
I think that most of the West Cobb High Schools are pretty equal as far as test scores.(Harrison, Hillgrove, Kennesaw Mountain, Allatoona) The only issue that someone might have with KMHS is that their feeder schools are not great...Pine Mountain Middle and Hayes Elementary.

Of all of the ones that I mentioned above, here are some things to consider.

Hillgrove...probably the most diverse but VERY crowded
Allatoona...GREAT school and definitely the least crowded of the 4
Kennesaw Mountain...Magnet school but feeder schools are not good at all
Harrison...Great school and definitely the most crowded. Least diverse

Old 09-08-2010, 08:03 AM

1,299 posts, read 2,270,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by triciapaige View Post
I think that most of the West Cobb High Schools are pretty equal as far as test scores.(Harrison, Hillgrove, Kennesaw Mountain, Allatoona) The only issue that someone might have with KMHS is that their feeder schools are not great...Pine Mountain Middle and Hayes Elementary.

We got our kids out of Hillgrove last year. That school will resemble McEachern in the next few years. We are thrilled to now have our kids in Harrison High and Lost Mountain Middle.

Old 09-08-2010, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by triciapaige View Post

Remember, McClure Middle, Bullard Elementary, and Cheatham Hill Elementary--three great schools--also feed into Kennesaw Mountain High.

And Pine Mountain Middle and Hayes Elementary are good, decent schools.

CCSD School Feeder Patterns

Old 09-10-2010, 06:21 PM

256 posts, read 750,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suprascooby22 View Post
We got our kids out of Hillgrove last year. That school will resemble McEachern in the next few years. We are thrilled to now have our kids in Harrison High and Lost Mountain Middle.
You moved and bought a new house just so your kids wouldn't go to Hillgrove?

Old 09-13-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy springs rep. View Post
you moved and bought a new house just so your kids wouldn't go to hillgrove?
yep!

Old 04-24-2011, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 14,762 times
suprascooby22 you are too funny!!

Based upon your logic, it seems that you will be moving out of the U.S. soon because it too is looking more and more "diverse".

Where will you be heading next to avoid that deadfull, politically correct "diverse" plauge that is taking over West Cobb County schools and the nation?

Very soon, perhaps sooner than you would like, the definiton of "diversity" will change from it's current code word of 'non-whites are here' to a new politically correct meaning of 'a few whites are here'.

What will you do then. Move to a small village in the Austrian Alps? Good luck on your mission of musical housing due to your desire of finding a non diverse world for you and your children.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaSaDaGa View Post
suprascooby22 you are too funny!!

Based upon your logic, it seems that you will be moving out of the U.S. soon because it too is looking more and more "diverse".

Where will you be heading next to avoid that deadfull, politically correct "diverse" plauge that is taking over West Cobb County schools and the nation?

Very soon, perhaps sooner than you would like, the definiton of "diversity" will change from it's current code word of 'non-whites are here' to a new politically correct meaning of 'a few whites are here'.

What will you do then. Move to a small village in the Austrian Alps? Good luck on your mission of musical housing due to your desire of finding a non diverse world for you and your children.
You dont know me or the reasons we moved so keep your assumptions to yourself. I moved from Hillgrove because I want STABILITY in the schools that my kids will be attending over the next 10 years. NOT a majority white school now and a majority minority school in the next five years. That is EXACTLY what is going to happen to Hillgrove and I am looking at the big picture as very few whites want their kids going to McEachern since it transitioned from white to black. In Atlanta that is just a fact that many want to gloss over but yet it is obvious that parents want OUT of a school that is trending minority as literrally hundreds of schools have gone from white to minority over the last 20 years. NONE of that would have happened if the whites wouldnt have packed up and moved on!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta