Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2009, 12:08 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,370,579 times

Advertisements

Hey there,

does anyone know anything about Crooked Creek Sub Divison??? alot of kids, friendly, amenities???

How are the property taxes???

TIA...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2009, 08:20 PM

3 posts, read 16,564 times
Default Crooked Creek

There are a couple subdivisions in Georgia called Crooked Creek but you're probably referring to the one in Alpharetta. The property taxes appear to be in $5,000 range for the year, I can't speak of the kids in the community but there are several amenities available including a clubhouse, golf course, lake, playground, pool and tennis courts. I can tell you the homes in this community are absolutely beautiful.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:14 PM

Im sorry yes I was referring to Alpharetta..lol....they seem to be very beautiful, and we are looking for a community with amenities and social activities for all...thank you for the info

Old 03-28-2009, 10:15 PM

do you know who the builder is?

Old 03-28-2009, 10:39 PM

997 posts, read 4,643,523 times
I don't know who the builder is. They look more custom and production if that helps. I like Crooked Creek it is very nice. That was one we really liked. I decided No because I wanted to be closer to the synagogues and my husband said No because of the location. The main entrance is off of Hwy 9 at the northern most end at Forsyth County. He didn't like the looks of that end and it didn't seem as residential. Just kinda "out there". But now there is all new shopping. Frys, supermarkets, Kohls, Petsmart etc. Walmart is nearby too.

There was talk a while back about Crooked Creek going gated. I think the problem was residents were worried that since it was gated they weren't public roads anymore and issues of maintenance etc. arose. Don't know what the status of it is now.

Old 03-28-2009, 10:43 PM

Interesting...ok so your opinion would be?? where do u think we should start researching? Fulton county im assuming?? We are looking to possibly rent in an area we would of course buy in, and we would be looking to spend between 1800 and 2500 a month.

To purchase it would be 350k-400k...again we would like a development close to shopping and such, with a community pool, clubhouse tennis courts etc...

any info would be great...

Old 03-28-2009, 10:47 PM

Jln, what towns are considering "East"

Old 03-28-2009, 10:56 PM

East is still some Alpharetta and Johns Creek. Alpharetta used to be much larger and then it split. There is still Alpharetta and there is now Milton and Johns Creek. Crooked Creek is in Milton.

What is the reason for the move? Do you need to be near a job because traffic can be horrible. I would suggest meeting w/ a Realtor on a visit to show you around. Also picking up a map at Barnes and Noble would be a big help to learn the area and to pinpoint where things are.

There is plenty of shopping in Atlanta and most neighborhoods in the area have amenities so it will just depend where you will want to be. Your price range is on the lower end for Crooked Creek. Most homes are more than that so you won't have your "pick" if that doesn't bother you.

Old 03-28-2009, 11:00 PM

Great, we are exploring the move a Job for DH, he has a few phone interviews and starting to explore. We also are looking for personal reasons..we are originally from Brookln NY lived in NJ for the last 10 yrs before moving to charlotte 2 years ago...I didnt want to contact a realtor yet, as we arent ready however I was hoping for some info on our price range where we should be looking, considering Schools are the most important to us as our oldest is entering high school in the fall, and we have a daughter going into 4th, who has some learning issues...

Old 03-28-2009, 11:15 PM

Funny. We are from up North too, Boston. But moved to Raleigh before here. You said your daughter has learning issues. Let me guess you LOVED the schools in NC. Just kidding. Besides my husbands job, that was one of the main reasons.

Our son is autistic and has learning issues. I have been more than pleased here. Our schools are Findley Oaks, River Trail and Northview. My son will be attending the special needs program at Lake Windward Elementary instead of Findley Oaks next year. Your situation sounds like mine. Milton is great but Northview has the highest SAT scores in Fulton County. The special Ed services at Findley Oaks are great. Our neighborhood is Seven Oaks in Johns Creek (formerely Alpharetta). They have a website www.7-oaks.com. I think you will also find that you will have more to choose from in our neighborhood as well with your price range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta