Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2015, 07:36 PM

2 posts, read 3,055 times

Advertisements

Retired male (65 Yrs.) currently in Greenville SC looking for helpful overview of Villa Rica Ga. hoping to be as close to family in Northeast Ms and relatively close to Metro Atlanta without being in either Miss. or Ala. help.

LAYdyseeker1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 10:49 PM

6 posts, read 8,907 times
Hello,

Mirror Lake Golf community & subdivision in Villa Rica is very nice and safe. It is at I-20 exit 26.

I think you will like it there. Wish you the best!

Old 05-18-2015, 11:54 PM

120 posts, read 263,864 times
I live in Bremen and love it. Bremen is just about 12 miles from villa rica right down I 20 still very convinent to shopping and restaurants in douglasville and Carrollton and only 45 min to Atlanta and 15 min to the al line. Bremen is more like a bedroom community but has that small town feel. Anywhere on the I 20 corridor west of douglasville and east of the al state line is a great area

Old 05-19-2015, 07:43 AM

2,862 posts, read 3,821,796 times
I think Villa Rica is nice and you get a lot of house for your money. It is not as diverse as some of the other areas in metro ATL so I'm saying expect it to be conservative. It won't be that different than some areas of AL, but maybe a teeny bit different from almost anywhere in MS. I lived pretty much next to Villa Rica when I was in Kennesaw. I have one co-worker that I know of who lives there and his wife home schools their children. I only mentioned that because I don't know anything about the school systems there.

I like that you are pretty much free to do whatever you please up to and including painting your house Pepto Bismol pink if it is something that suits you without an HOA fining you to death. It's somewhat rural/country.

If that lifestyle appeals to you and you want to stay on the west side of Atlanta, you might consider moving to Lithia Springs, Douglasville, or something around there. At least you'd have easy access to I-20.

I'm from Alabama and don't want to live there mainly because I firmly believe that there is no greater joy than having a big, close-knit family living in a different state than me lol. I do not know why you don't want to live in AL or MS, but just based on what you said about proximity to Atlanta and NE MS, I'd probably take a good look at moving to Birmingham (my taste) or perhaps Huntsville (seems more like yours).

Old 06-04-2015, 11:47 AM

2 posts, read 3,055 times
Thanks guys to all of you ( 1.`CONSTITUTIONALST', 2. `erln168', and 3. `ElleKaye'), for such input. as you can see, I am a bit late responding, nevertheless, thank you all again.
As to why I prefer to not be in Ala. or Ms.; having lived away (Ms.) for a number of years, I feel that I need the `COSMOPLITANISM/SOPHISTICATION/DIVERSITY OF THOUGHT, not likely to be found, generally speaking that is, in aforementioned States. so, I can have it all, relative close proximity to old friends and family without being exactly where they are, while at the same time near where something is always going on, not the least of which would be my beloved ATLANTA BRAVES.

Thanks again to all. Charles
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta