Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2012, 10:42 PM

4 posts, read 21,686 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mustique View Post
Hello Everyone, We live in the bay area in California right now. It is perfect here for us, 20 minutes from San Francisco and the ocean. It is really a dream but my husband is being offered an awesome job in Covington GA and I am so nervous to move there.
It sounds nice but I don't know where I would shop for organic food, provide cultural interests for myself and my children. We are an inter-racial couple, I am from India orgininally but grew up in California and my husband is white. Are there racism issues? Also if you can offer any info. as to what other town might be good to consider? What organic grocery stores would you recommend?

If you live in California, I would suggest staying there. There is a farmers market about a forty minute drive from Covington though with interracial foods.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-08-2013, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 3,135 times
Is there something wrong with River Farm Walk S/D?

Old 07-21-2014, 01:25 PM

1 posts, read 2,682 times
I have been living in Covington since 2012 .I am beginning to really like it But I cannot find a store to buy organic food and fresh fish I have to travel either to Atl or some place close to it.Does anybody know such places ?

Old 11-14-2015, 10:18 PM

2 posts, read 3,154 times
I'm moving g out and starting my ow. life so excited! Covington caught my attention Any pros and cons I should worry about before I plan to start my life there? So far it seems pretty good but just to be safe, any help?

Old 11-15-2015, 08:02 PM

163 posts, read 156,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinxx2196 View Post
I'm moving g out and starting my ow. life so excited! Covington caught my attention Any pros and cons I should worry about before I plan to start my life there? So far it seems pretty good but just to be safe, any help?
Nice and safe place to live and lots of house for your money. Newton County has been one of the faster growing counties the past 10 years in Georgia. One downside is the lack of retail and dining for it's size.

Old 11-17-2015, 06:52 AM

39 posts, read 82,290 times
Regarding the schools in Covington, how is the Newton County Theme School? Has anyone has experiences with this?
Also, I noticed there is a lot of new home construction taking place. What's driving this? Any ideas? I know there is a big biotech company out there, but I'm wondering what else could be driving this? Thanks!

Old 03-22-2016, 03:29 PM

1 posts, read 2,087 times
I'm planning on moving there in October so is there any changes in covington ga? ?I'm really not country girl more like a city girl. But I can adept to anything. .

Old 03-22-2016, 03:43 PM

10,396 posts, read 11,493,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Windy 1978 View Post
I'm planning on moving there in October so is there any changes in covington ga? ?I'm really not country girl more like a city girl. But I can adept to anything. .
Covington is a good far outer-suburban area to live. There's nothing really inherently wrong or bad about the area.

Old 03-23-2016, 01:22 PM

142 posts, read 168,207 times
Downtown Covington is a nice little southern square. It continues to get new shops and restaurants. The Vampire Diaries films there. There are some beautiful old southern homes in the area surrounding the square. There is a great YMCA there. The Porterdale main street is nearby and also has cute shops and restaurants. There are nice lofts on the river there for residences and businesses. If you have kids, the best schools are the Newton County Theme School, East Side High, and East Newton Elementary.

Old 04-23-2016, 06:42 PM

10 posts, read 13,756 times
If Covington is suburban/rural, that sounds really nice for my needs to be within about 30 minutes from family in Decatur and to live in a quiet area. Could anyone comment or recommend any of the apartment rental groups in the area? I hope to visit again in June to begin narrowing down the choices. Many thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta