Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-21-2009, 11:50 AM

6 posts, read 13,237 times

Advertisements

I have the opportunity to stay with friends in Atlanta, the Norcross area specifically, and I know how terrible the job market is here in Louisville in my field, which initially after graduation was public relations. I have struggled for 10 years working for non-profits and no longer want to work in that field. So I am freaking out about finding work for a corporation in corporate communications, public relations and even marketing. ( you wear a ton of hats and learn so many things working for non-profits) So I am looking for any information about jobs and the market there in Atlanta. I have retrieved some sound advice just reading threads and talking to family and friends already in Atlanta, but I know that this is also a great option for some additional feedback.

Because I have worked in so many diverse fields I am open to any field because in many ways I'm like a newbie now, even though I have 15 years in client relations and communications. Any suggestions, because I am about to have a heart attack! Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2009, 03:03 PM

1,517 posts, read 6,737,128 times
I'd try some agencies to get your foot in the corporate door...there are a few PR temp agencies here

Old 04-23-2009, 11:48 AM

Thanks so much for replying, I really appreciate that, I will check it out.... If anyone else has any suggestions I am completely open to your posts.....thanks!!

Old 09-03-2009, 06:38 AM

Well, I made the move back on May 1st to Norcross, which I absolutely love! I jump on Peachtree Industrial and I can go to Buckhead, Sandy Springs, and Downtown, I am close to 85 and 285 and I am no more then 30 minutes away from places like Decatur, Marietta, Suwanee, and even the South side. I am have really become acclimated to the city, but I am still looking for work. I may have an offer soon, as I just had a really great interview.... finally. But in this economy you have to be prepared. I have done the agencies, and they are dry except for a day here or there. Any suggestions??

Old 09-03-2009, 09:11 PM

200 posts, read 449,154 times
I dont know what to tell you there is NOTHING....Atlanta with its "diverse" economy and fortune 500 companies should be weathering the recession better....but oh well guess that was alot of hot air.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta