Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2007, 06:45 AM

129 posts, read 659,528 times

Advertisements

I didn't have much luck using the search feature, so wondering if anyone out there has any info on the area-- crime, schools etc?...
The S/d interested would be Eagle Watch, wyngate , summerchase and Deer run the good the bad and the ugly please!

also any info on kingsgate s/d in woodstock?

thanks a bunch!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2007, 06:58 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
I can't comment on the specific subdivisions you listed, but I can tell you that we just bought a house in Harmony at the Lakes in Canton, and the area is incredible. The master plan has a number of subdivisions in it with price points from $200k to over $600k, as well as a community center, pool, tennis courts, walking trails and two private lakes. The elementary school is excellent and it 1/2 a mile down the road, and is actually slated to be supplemented by a new school being built right at the community entrance.

It's a few miles further North on 575 than where you're looking, but may be worth a look.

Hope that helps somewhat,

Bob

Old 04-03-2007, 08:13 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,744 times
Towne Lake is a great area! It is a master plan community so you are near everything. Eagle Watch is a golf course community and the other SD you mentioned are not.

From the SD you mentioned, I like Eagle Watch. They have the best ammenities, they have a golf course, and homes there go up to the 600-700,00 range.

The schools are good (by GA standards) and you are near everything!

The bad...well traffic can be a little tough on 575.

When you visit the s/d you will see what I mean. You cannot compare summerchase with Eagle Watch.

Good Luck

Last edited by applejuice; 04-03-2007 at 08:26 PM..

Old 07-10-2007, 02:25 PM

78 posts, read 371,257 times
Bob, My family and I are looking up that way from Macon and my husband works 1 or 2 days a week in Buckhead Exit 2 on 400. Is Harmony on the Lakes a good location to Roswell, Alpharetta shopping? Is it a terrible commute for him on the days he has to go to the office? My brother lives in Acworth and we have other family in Cumming. Can you tell me any other places to look for the 300-400 price range? Also, you mentioned a new elementary when is it scheduled to open--I looked the schools for that area and they got high ranks except for the current elementary school. THANKS!

Old 07-12-2007, 09:06 AM

6 posts, read 23,882 times
Default Towne lake resident

I have to say that the last subdivision I would live in, in Towne lake is Eagle Watch. The houses their vary greatly in quality of construction, and the ones on the golf course are way over priced. As for the amneities, other than the golf course they really are comparable. Nice pools, nice tennis courts.

I would reccomend Towne lake Hills, Summerchase or Wyngate for your price range. Wyngate is divided and each section is a different price point. So be careful you don't want to be in the highest price point. The Hills on the other hand has a huge price point like Eagle watch the houses start in the low $200,00 0 and go to over 600,000, (The hills North over 1 million) but in the Hills it's worth it. I don't know why Eagle watch people are so stuck on Eagle watch but they are.

Summerchase and the Arbors offer a lot for the money like Wyngate but for resale I would go with the Hills.
If you have elementary school kids I would stay away from Deer Run because that is under woodstock city schools and they don't go to Bascomb and that is a truly great elementary school.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:22 PM

78 posts, read 371,257 times
What elementary schools would you say are good in the Woodstock, Holly Springs, Towne Lake areas?

Old 07-12-2007, 03:00 PM

138 posts, read 623,163 times
I looked at a house in Eagle Watch the other day. It was a nice area. I prefer Bridgemill in Canton myself and it's not too far away from there. Harmony on the Lakes is nice too.

Old 07-12-2007, 07:47 PM

525 posts, read 1,851,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaos5 View Post
I have to say that the last subdivision I would live in, in Towne lake is Eagle Watch. The houses their vary greatly in quality of construction, and the ones on the golf course are way over priced. As for the amneities, other than the golf course they really are comparable. Nice pools, nice tennis courts.

I would reccomend Towne lake Hills, Summerchase or Wyngate for your price range. Wyngate is divided and each section is a different price point. So be careful you don't want to be in the highest price point. The Hills on the other hand has a huge price point like Eagle watch the houses start in the low $200,00 0 and go to over 600,000, (The hills North over 1 million) but in the Hills it's worth it. I don't know why Eagle watch people are so stuck on Eagle watch but they are.

Summerchase and the Arbors offer a lot for the money like Wyngate but for resale I would go with the Hills.
If you have elementary school kids I would stay away from Deer Run because that is under woodstock city schools and they don't go to Bascomb and that is a truly great elementary school.
I suggested Eagle Watch based on the S/D the OP mentioned. Depending on the price range Towne Lake Hills would be an option. I like TLHE and TLHW. I don't care for Towne Lake Hills South because they are near apartments and a high school (but that is just me)

I don't live in Eagle Watch, but that is the only SD (from what the OP mentioned) that has a golf course and they seem to have a lot of activities.

In regards to construction that is a problem all over Georgia and not just Eagle Watch...builders nor home inspectors are licensed in this state

Yeah, that was a big surprise coming from Florida...so most of the construction sucks.

PS I know alot of people love Bridgemill...I personally don't care for it. It is too dang big...there are like a million homes in that subdivision. Their pool is amazing...but there always appears to be a million people packed in there. Towne Lake is closer to stores and 575, defintely more convienent. Most of the Bridgemill folks come to the Towne Lake area for the stores and entertainment. I have heard they are going to build some stores in that area, but I don't have any concrete info.

There was an inspector here who stated a couple of times that Harmony on the Lakes had really poor construction. I saw it and it was very pretty...still a little of the beaten path for me (I am a lazy city girl) but I could see how people would like that community.
Good Luck

Old 07-12-2007, 07:51 PM

138 posts, read 623,163 times
To each their own.

Too dang big is exactly what I love about Bridgemill. That and the great variety of houses/construction.

Old 09-03-2007, 06:28 PM

20 posts, read 53,296 times
Hello everyone,

We are a young couple who are looking to move to the Atlanta area. One of us will be woking off of Power Ferrys Road. We are looking for a great safe area with great schools. We are looking for that great community feel (bridgemill). We have heard great things about the Canton/Holly Springs/Woodstock/Alpharetta areas. How is the commute time? We were hoping for some local feed back. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Atlanta